FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

• Sticky Articles
  • Open Support Tickets
Importing an exported myfreeforum to your own system.
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill koob
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 240

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Zudane wrote:
This is true, the phpbb2 database can be copied to a fresh phpbb2 forum.  The problem is that most other hosts do not run phpbb2 anymore, it is all phpbb3.  Unless you run your own hosting for it (by that I mean taking care of it yourself) you are likely to be stuck with phpbb3.

As stated above, your forum has been made available for now, which allows you to go into the MYFF control panel and upgrade to phpbb3.  This will copy across all of your posts, users, content, etc.  The main problem is that it will not copy attachments the same (to my knowledge) as phpbb2 is not standard with attachments (that is a MYFF mod here).  Although you do have a copy of your attachments that can always be attached to posts later.  Perhaps make the attachments folder available to the public and allow users to save and re-upload the attachments to their posts as they find them.

Maybe we are talking about different things? I'm am talking about links to images?

We would be willing to pay you to host this site with no  posts allowed and removal of binderpower856 posts.
Zudane
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 21140

Add Karma

rated by 24 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

Harsh Reality
online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attachments are in the gallery, I am not sure whether you will get this with your export or not.  If not then there is little that can really be done.  If they are included, and I would think they are, then you can make a folder available on your hosting site that contains the attachments, for example yoursite.com/oldatt.  This folder could be publicly accessible, meaning everybody can get to it, so that users can access their old attachments and reattach them using the phpbb3 attachment system.

As for hosting the site.. it has pretty much been determined already that the forum is not allowed here and has only been given access for the purpose of an export.  I am sure you mean to get to the gallery pictures, but I do not think the gallery pictures are deleted, even if the forum that uploaded them is gone, but you will need clarification there from the admin.

Harsh Reality - Life is a Canvas, Paint it your way!
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 92900

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gallery images have not been deleted, but they are not an explicit part of the export, the posts that linked to images in our gallery will continue to link to it and work if the forum is imported.

As for hosting. The forum was suspended after serious complaint by advertisers on forum content.

If it were steam cleaned, renamed, and run better, then I'd reconsider having it on the system.

Basically I would do this, as since the action was taken we have managed to maintain a civil discourse with yourself which gives me hope that such an arrangement might be viable.

Family Friendly Shareware | | Web Design/Services | Free Forums
bill koob
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myff admin wrote:
The gallery images have not been deleted, but they are not an explicit part of the export, the posts that linked to images in our gallery will continue to link to it and work if the forum is imported.

As for hosting. The forum was suspended after serious complaint by advertisers on forum content.

If it were steam cleaned, renamed, and run better, then I'd reconsider having it on the system.

Basically I would do this, as since the action was taken we have managed to maintain a civil discourse with yourself which gives me hope that such an arrangement might be viable.

You want to steam clean it or should I do it. I can get the  admin log in and will guarantee it will not have any untored posts of any kind you want me to clean it up or do you - I can guarantee bp856 is histroy. Rename it to Mr. GreenJeans as he is the only reason - we want it back for his posts. He died about a year go (at a young age) we dearly loved the guy. (eventhough he and I had very large disagreements)

I would agree to no more posts period (or maybe only posts from current registered users - except binderpower856 is history)

Thanks,
billl koob
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We certainly cannot take responsibility for cleaning it up.

Please do so and suggest a new name and we can make a new beginning here.

bill koob
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myff admin wrote:

Mr.GreenJeans is the name - I'll get to cleaning it up immediately.

best,

bill koob
bill koob
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill koob wrote:
myff admin wrote:

Mr.GreenJeans is the name - I'll get to cleaning it up immediately.

best,

bill koob

I spent nearly 3 hours cleaning up binderpower856 posts - trouble was he was like a cancer and had others on the edge too.
He did have a lot of pushback from other members. I did delete quite a few other members posts related to the bp856 posts.

A majority of his posts were good bashiing posts (I did not know that as I no longer read any of his  posts).

The one I worked on was the phpbb2 site. I put a ban on him posting while  I was at it - I would have did a worldwide delete - but could not find that option.

best,

bill koob

any suggestions of areas needing more cleanup - there were about 175,000 posts and I'd hate to go through them all.
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not fanatics here, we as you know had to pull the forum because of a serious complaint by our advertisers.

Given the seriousness of the complaint and the amount of time such posts had existed there was little choice for us, and certainly no way we could sanely at that point assume things could be dealt with within the system.

Now we have I hope some good faith between us and the viable disconnect that should prevent any automatic system simply flagging up the forum again and causing even more problems.

As such I will happily accept your word that a reasonable clean up operation has taken place.

I still need to clearly know the new desired forum url.

bill koob
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myff admin wrote:
We're not fanatics here, we as you know had to pull the forum because of a serious complaint by our advertisers.

Given the seriousness of the complaint and the amount of time such posts had existed there was little choice for us, and certainly no way we could sanely at that point assume things could be dealt with within the system.

Now we have I hope some good faith between us and the viable disconnect that should prevent any automatic system simply flagging up the forum again and causing even more problems.

As such I will happily accept your word that a reasonable clean up operation has taken place.

I still need to clearly know the new desired forum url.

Unless I misunderstand you http://mrgreenjeans.myfreeforom.org/   (was  http://tractors98721.myfreeforum.org/ the one I deleted messages from) (could be http://tractorsgreenjeans.myfreeforum.org)
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tractorsgreenjeans.myfreeforum.org
it is.

bill koob
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myff admin wrote:
tractorsgreenjeans.myfreeforum.org
it is.

Thank you so much,
bill koob

Here was my announcement.

Here is the deal - we have the old site back.
http://tractorsgreenjeans.myfreeforum.org/

but and it's a big but I agreed to clean up the site.
No outright personal attacks -for example we can criticise the Presidents for his policies and actions - but not his race or skin cololr.
Same with Steve Mack - no personal threats.

I've banned bp856 - but would consider a promise to never mention race again - out of 758 posts a vast majority of them were good posts.
I've delete quite a few of them though and others who answered his posts had their posts deleted.

I've left CK and Atoz as moderators and would hope they would comply with these new policies.

You can sign on to the site with your old name and password.

What do you think about allowing new posts?

No new members for now

If you come across anything that might get us shut down again - Pleae nofity ck-atoz or myself of the post.

best,

bill koob
Holmey
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 70

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Admin Access Reply with quote

Hi,

Your help would be appreciated please.

I've installed PHP.BB version 2 on the new server we have for dwpexamination and uploaded the dump file that you sent admin and now when people are logging in it is diverting them back to the My Free Forum site but if they follow the original link again to the new forum URL they are logged in with it being apparent that the URL settings in the CP need changing with the problem now being that when the admin tries to log into admin to change the URL's he is again diverted back to My Free Forum even if he copies the route to the the admin CP at the end of the new URL is that makes any sense.

Could anybody advise me how he can get into his CP to change the URL settings or what I have to do to edit the dump file so that access to the CP is no problem.

I'm not doing this on a paid basis, we are just 1 disabled group trying to help another out by providing them hosting on our secure offshore server and any help with this would be really appreciated.

Holmey
editor
Apprentice
Apprentice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 2260

Add Karma

rated by 3 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit the config tables records to refer to your new server.
Holmey
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 70

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that, changed all references to dwpexamination.myfreeserver.org to dwpexaminations.blacktrianglecampaign.org, (the new URL), and now when you try to log into admin I am getting the following error message -

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/index_frameset.tpl does not exist

Any ideas or suggestions please ?

Holmey
Buteo
Student
Student
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 600

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://paganfriends.myfreeforum.org

The avatar part of the backup I was sent last week doesn't appear to work. I'm getting a 404 Not found page instead

Ta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: