FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

MYFF Crowd Funding
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
countryboy
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 130

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

countrytalkandtips
online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
........I have 3000 forum members. I know for a fact that if I ask, they
will donate. But there is absolutely no way that I ask any of them to donate a penny.

Why on earth would you not do that ? Do you already charge a membership fee and therefore feel you can't ask for anything more ? I can think of no other reason.
I run a small forum which is not monetised. I cannot afford to personally donate a significant amount , say no more than £30 but hope that my members would collectively add £100 or so and be happy to do it in the circumstances. I note that the Crowdfunding site currently shows only 36 supporters for a total of £663. You need all the help you can get and pdq at that !
ATB

http://countrytalkandtips.myfreeforum.org/
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 2750

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

countryboy wrote:
Yankale wrote:
........I have 3000 forum members. I know for a fact that if I ask, they
will donate. But there is absolutely no way that I ask any of them to donate a penny.

..............Why on earth would you not do that ? Do you already charge a membership fee and therefore feel you can't ask for anything more ? I can think of no other reason............

I'm quite surprised about your question. Why should I charge membership fee for a free of charge forum?
The thought never crossed my mind since March 17, 2009, when I joined myff.

The reason I don't send an e-mail to all my forum members is as follows:

The next closest donation to mine is £60, made yesterday by anonymous. I do appreciate this donation.
One sad admin hopes that CF will do the business. But I don't his name on the supporter's list.
Would you ask your forum members to donate if sad admins don't?

I see there a donation of £1 by an anonymous. This one is from a forum member
who loves his/her forum and does not want to lose it.  This is a nice donation that I truely like.

I do understand that you can't afford to pay more than you've already contributed.
This can't be the reason why another 33 admins donated £20 or less.
And this is definitely not the reason why all remainning admins don't contribute at all.

Among my 3000 members there are at least 100 people whom I personally know.
If I ask they WILL donate and I raise a significant amount of money.
I'm personally ready to doante up to £350 †because this is the cost of moving the forum
to another server and losing my Google rating.

People who are not willing to join the effort, for whatever reson, do not deserve my support,
or the support of my forum members. I hope you understand now my approach.

The following is not a reply to you but a message to all admis:

I will be on vacation from Tuesday March 28 to April 6th. I will send my 3000 forum
members a request for donation only if †I see on the myff CF page at least £7500 raised by April 7th.

Morlock

Virtual Cash: 30

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to keep in mind which I feel was important enough for me to join up and say. Some forums do not treat their members very well at all. This will always have an impact, not only on membership numbers and interest but also when it comes down to hoping they will donate money.
Gerry ukaf
Student
Student
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 530

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
IMHO 35 supporters should have raised by now a minimum of GPB 3500. At this pace we
will not raise 10,000 , and only 23 days left. Based on what Martin said all those who donated
will get a free of charge data download if we miss the target. This is a very good deal donate 20... so why pay 60? †

People are disappointed that the forum closure and yet nobody is willing to pay a resonable
amount of money. I have 3000 forum members. I know for a fact that if I ask, they

Not all admin have £100+ to donate to a good cause, however, out of all the members on forums if they donate an average of just 50p, then all expenses will be covered plus. Members of my forum aren't being asked to donate, they're getting off their arses and donating off their own backs, I haven't asked them to, they've made their own decision to donate, the possible closure has three threads about it on the forum in different sections, where members have picked up on the headlines - aren't your members asking/talking about it & are they going to be donating without you asking or do they only do what you tell them??????
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morlock wrote:
Something to keep in mind which I feel was important enough for me to join up and say. Some forums do not treat their members very well at all. This will always have an impact, not only on membership numbers and interest but also when it comes down to hoping they will donate money.

If you don't have facts to prove your accusation your post is just a rumor.
Your name is not on the donation page.
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerry ukaf wrote:

Not all admin have £100+ to donate to a good cause,

- aren't your members asking/talking about it & are they going to be donating without you asking or do they only do what you tell them??????

1. Do you have £50? £25?

2. My forum is different than most forums here or elsewhere. And I can't explain in few words why my forum members are not even asking me "what is this note?".
I have to send them an e-mail in Hebrew and they will repond.  

If the admins do not raise at least 7,500 by April 10th I will not ask my members anything.

If the admins fail to raise 10,000 it means that all the admins are already planning to move their data eslewehre.
There are 2000 admins. If only 10% of them respond and each one donates £50 the goal will be acheivd.

Currently ther are some admins who are "sad" that the forum is going dopwn but they don't donate.
Ask Mr. Religion
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 4500

Add Karma

rated by 3 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making the crowdfunding notice in yellow text would help as it is not really viewable at my site: http://rti.myfineforum.org

I have posted a Global Announcement at our site related to the fundraising:

http://rti.myfineforum.org/sutra25996.php#25996

Others are free to adapt the post for their own use at their sites to encourage donations.
Morlock

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
Morlock wrote:

Exactly, because I was harassed and banned from a forum by a moronic Admin. Why would I donate?

What part of my original post was too difficult for you to understand?

I was providing some insight as to why many people will not donate money to internet forums and why you might find it challenging. But it's ok, prove my point further and be aggressive for no reason. We all know how these sites work.
countryboy
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 130

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

countrytalkandtips
online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
......Would you ask your forum members to donate if sad admins don't?...........

I certainly would have done because I thought the sole objective of this campaign was to raise money from anyone who is willing to donate. I have now changed my mind , though not for the reasons you give.
I have made a personal donation as a thankyou to MYFF and will say no more on here.
Good luck. I fear you will need it.
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

countryboy wrote:
Yankale wrote:
......Would you ask your forum members to donate if sad admins don't?...........

I certainly would have done because I thought the sole objective of this campaign was to raise money from anyone who is willing to donate. I have now changed my mind , though not for the reasons you give.
I have made a personal donation as a thankyou to MYFF and will say no more on here.
Good luck. I fear you will need it.

Thanks countryboy.

1. Thank You is the most important reason to donate. This is why I've donated £100.
2. It feels great to donate .
3. For all other reasons, it is worth (to me) ~ £350. I will raise my donation if all other admins join us.

Le'ts keep our fingers crossed until the fat lady sings...

Yes I do realize that we'll need a lot of luck. But I won't stop until the Fat Lady sings...
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morlock wrote:
Yankale wrote:
Morlock wrote:

Exactly, because I was harassed and banned from a forum by a moronic Admin. Why would I donate?

I was providing some insight as to why many people will not donate money to internet forums and why you might find it challenging. But it's ok, prove my point further and be aggressive for no reason. We all know how these sites work.

Hi Morlock,

I thought your are an admin, like all people here. My sincere apologies   .
I agree that you don't have any reason to donate if your admin is a moron.
All admins are sad to lose myff. Yet only 37 donated money to keep myff running.
I hope you ignore your admin and donate something. If you won't I completely understand.
Morlock

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
Morlock wrote:
Yankale wrote:
Morlock wrote:

Hi Morlock,

I thought your are an admin, like all people here. My sincere apologies † .
I agree that you don't have any reason to donate if your admin is a moron.
All admins are sad to lose myff. Yet only 37 donated money to keep myff running.
I hope you ignore your admin and donate something. If you won't I completely understand.

Hi,

Yeah I honestly didn't realize this was like an Admin type site until after I joined and posted. I saw the link and this discussion on another forum and felt it was important to express the "push back" effect poor Moderation and Leadership can have on forums and how it will eventually bite back on the company that hosts the site.

The Admin I talk about actually represents another company via his site and his attitude has led me to have a negative outlook on them as well. So karma catches up in the end.

I don't know how all of this works, I was just explaining why you might not get too many donations.

All the best.
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morlock wrote:

Hi,

Yeah I honestly didn't realize this was like an Admin type site until after I joined and posted. I saw the link and this discussion on another forum and felt it was important to express the "push back" effect poor Moderation and Leadership can have on forums and how it will eventually bite back on the company that hosts the site.

The Admin I talk about actually represents another company via his site and his attitude has led me to have a negative outlook on them as well. So karma catches up in the end.

I don't know how all of this works, I was just explaining why you might not get too many donations.

All the best.

All I know is how I treat my members. I believe that your admin is an exception.
Thanks.
Gerry ukaf
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
Gerry ukaf wrote:

Not all admin have £100+ to donate to a good cause,

- aren't your members asking/talking about it & are they going to be donating without you asking or do they only do what you tell them??????

1. Do you have £50? £25?

2. My forum is different than most forums here or elsewhere. And I can't explain in few words why my forum members are not even asking me "what is this note?".
I have to send them an e-mail in Hebrew and they will repond. †

If the admins do not raise at least 7,500 by April 10th I will not ask my members anything.

If the admins fail to raise 10,000 it means that all the admins are already planning to move their data eslewehre.
There are 2000 admins. If only 10% of them respond and each one donates £50 the goal will be acheivd.

Currently ther are some admins who are "sad" that the forum is going dopwn but they don't donate.

1) I, personally, have donated, and will be paying the 'full price' when we are ready to ask for the transfer file at the beginning of May (yes, we are planning on moving elsewhere).
2) אני מקווה כי הפורום שלך תומך לך את כל פעולות ומאמצים

With the announcement put up universally, visible to all, it isn't just the Admins that can or will respond - so it's down to all users on these forums to help save the site, several on my forum responded & donated off their own initiative - the same as when the plea to help upgrade the servers was put up.

Yes, I'm sad to see this valuable resource going down, if it wasn't for the MYFF team, I wouldn't have a) started a forum (which, to my surprise took off & became popular), b) made as many friends all over the world as I have, and c) met up with some of them & had a good laugh as well.

However, I've always held the opinion that no matter how well things are going, always have a 'backup plan' & once things go pear-shaped, fall back onto the back-up, then formulate a new back-up plan
Gerry ukaf
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
Morlock wrote:

Hi,

All the best.

All I know is how I treat my members. I believe that your admin is an exception.
Thanks.

Yankdale, in this I fully agree with you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Crowd Funding All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: