FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

• Open Support Tickets
The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
How to get the best response out of the support forum
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
Posted:     Post subject:

Zudane
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 21140

Add Karma

rated by 24 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

Harsh Reality
online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Correction?  Reply with quote

kagome wrote:
Viper wrote:
K.a.t.h.y wrote:
I'm sorry, but your last sentence in #4 does not make any sense at all!

I understand it fine.

I wanted to comment on #4. I agree it makes not perfect sense but I  think  I do understand what you mean. To clarify I understand it as this:

"Don't spend only time to make your forum pretty as content is VERY important"

as apposed to what I think people read it as which is:

"Work on content and getting members first before working on the look / theme / smilies / ect on your forums".  

If it is infact the 2nd one then I disagree because a forum that is not set up and looks generic I know personally turns me off as an "unkept" forum (first set up and nothing done with it) even though I know it matters how recent it was first set up. Adding content at first will just be you posting to yourself until members get interested enough to join, so I think that looks of a forum is important! Not as much as security and keeping spam off the forums, but I think it is higher than #4 seems to say it is.

Or on 2nd thought perhaps you are referring to relevant content and not allowing spam to remain on forums before seeking support?

Please clarify / reword?  No offense, I just want to understand the "rules" of what gets forum questions answered the fastest. Also I am thankful that my very little content on my new forums and me being the only member didn't get held against me when I asked my first question and I commend the admins here for their fast support.

I know how frustrating it can be for an admin when members post just anywhere and don't search first before posting their question, and effects any admin's patience when dealing with new members.

This really depends on the audience and the forum type.  Yes you want the forum to look 'pretty' but don't spend a month working on adding tons of features and customization when really just a day or two of customizing is fine, then work on getting members.  What is the point of spending a month to make the site unique when you have no members?  Work on the members first, making the page look entirely unique isn't as important.

Harsh Reality - Life is a Canvas, Paint it your way!
kazobel
Student
Student
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 820

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Admin is trying to say

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/sutra95017.php#95017

I took screen shots, I made an effort to try show where the issue was in the code and show the changes I made and because of that effort made by me my problem was solved in a day simply because he and his staff knew where to look for it from my post instead of having to root for it through the hundreds of pages of code that all your sites have.

If you edit something then just say "I edited XXXXXX and I shouldn't have and now things are messed up, can you please help" rather than "I owns a site and now it aint workin, whats da storie wit dat????"

Trust me the more effort you put into a request for help the more effort Admin and his staff will put into solving your problem and if you mess up they don't care and won't ridicule you, if anything they will try help you sort the problem out.

Thats just my 2 cents for what it is worth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements! All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: