Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
corbra

Wilshizer LTD.

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here (or link to your specific problem) : http://wilshizerworks.myfreeforum.org

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
A Tesuser, which is an admin, has been goten into, and has delted all accounts that are not founders, this is my freinds forum, but im still a founder, and i found this out in the ACP. This also happened yesterday, so we did a ip range ban, but they got back on.

Please help

Thanks

Corbra
myff admin

They must have an admin account for which they know the password.
corbra

we changed the password, and only one person new it, and that was the person that made it
wilshizer

I am the admin of the forum

hi i am the admin and i dont know how he did it but he removed my admin premmisions yesterday and now the accounts after i changed the passwords on the forum
myff admin

As I say either he must know an admin password, or the control panel password.

Use the admin panel user search to look for admin accounts!
myff admin

The daily log shows "blipblipblur" as the admin.
corbra

yh, we know he is an admin.

wilshizer delted the tesuser.

also, i know how to run a my free forum, i have my own.

also on PHPBB3
wilshizer

info

we just want to know if there is a way to recover the users that have been deleted
myff admin

corbra wrote:
yh, we know he is an admin.

wilshizer delted the tesuser.

also, i know how to run a my free forum, i have my own.

also on PHPBB3

Then you will know the only way in is via a password.
wilshizer

passwords

all the passwords have been changed
myff admin

We can go round in circles like that forever.

The only way in is an admin/control panel password or I suppose the lost password routine if someone has access to your email, or someone with access to your PC if it stores passwords.

Deny it is any of the above and that you have not missed something and your forum will continue to have problems.
wilshizer

2 auestions

1 is there a way to recover the user accounts that were deleted
2 is there a programme he could have used
myff admin

You can pay $10 for a forum restore.

There is no way in apart from a password, repeated tries gets the account locked. So no program can be used.
wilshizer

hi

ok thanks for the help

wilshizer
myff admin

But have you figured it out?

It is not good to just leave the issue hanging. Much better for all of us if the attack vector is explained. It may be a bit embarrassing to explain what happened but it does help everyone.
blipblipblur

well i hate to be the one who says it but there was a fallout between wilshizer and corbra at one point, its quite possible for there to have been a leek of information back then in the spite of anger.
seems to be one of the only explanations.
myff admin

Well I can't comment on exactly what happened, but you have to consider the order of probabilities.

e.g.

1) Is it likely our forums are vulnerable, but only your forum out of the 30,000 odd on myff and the hundreds of thousands of other phpbb forums in the world is hit?

2) Someone you trusted is a rogue?

3) Someone guessed your password on forum or email account?

It is clearly obvious that if myff/phpbb had the vulnerability then forums would be being hit by the hundreds and thousands. If it happened we could not (and would not) deny it.
corbra

well this is the log

Test user2  90.192.88.122 Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:00 pm Deleted user
test user  
Test user2  90.192.88.122 Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm Deleted user
skategurlx  
Test user2  90.192.88.122 Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:58 pm Deleted user
PyRoZz<3sGEARS  
Test user2  90.192.88.122 Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:58 pm Deleted user
jenzo  
Test user2  90.192.88.122 Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:57 pm Deleted user
berandombecrazy  
Test user2  90.192.88.122 Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:56 pm Deleted user
semplew

but Test User2 got delted

and i got my freind( dunno if he still is) to join a new forum i made and it came bck as the same ip address, his ip changes too much, we did a Ip range ban, and this is about 1 week after that, its change way differently then before.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum