Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
aragorn

Who would be interested in this forum?

Hello, I am thinking of either making a Rocky Mountain National Park forum, a Colorado Wildlife forum, or a Colorado forum-- I will not make any of the forums unless I get at least 10 people who say they will post regularly.

If you would like to see one of these forums created, please vote "yes and post regularly" and whichever forum you want in the poll.
aragorn

no votes yet...?
daSchoof

aragorn wrote:
no votes yet...?

Well, you are asking on a worldwide open forum who would be interested in a Colorado exclusive forum, I don't know how many of the people that come regularly here are from Colorado but in my opinion there may not be that many.

I didn't vote because this forum wouldn't be aimed at me, being from Quebec, Canada, so my vote would mean anything anyways.
aragorn

yes, but Rocky Mountain National Park is a worldwide tourist destination. maybe I should have been more broad and asked if people wanted a United States Wildlife forum
daSchoof

aragorn wrote:
yes, but Rocky Mountain National Park is a worldwide tourist destination.

True, but how many people outside of Colorado would come back regularly to a forum about it.

aragorn wrote:
maybe I should have been more broad and asked if people wanted a United States Wildlife forum

I'm pretty sure there are already forums about that out there though, so if you would want to start one you would have to ask yourself why people would come chat on yours and not on one of the other ones like it.
Zudane

This is a bit niche... and a support forum wouldn't be the place to ask.

Try asking this on a site where people are often visiting other areas.  I myself live near Yosemite National Park (beautiful by the way), but most people I know online don't travel much, and as such wouldn't want to be a part of a forum for it.

You'll need to look for people that would be interested in areas they could be found.  For example you wouldn't look for members of PETA at a slaughterhouse.
symon

As it is a niche i would suggest you make it ,, make enough good posts then shout it out,, google will pick it up and who knows after that.
Steveg

Don't take this personally aragorn but I regularly come across people in America on the net on many sites who seem to assume all their readers live in America, this is the WWW.
Zudane

Steveg wrote:
Don't take this personally aragorn but I regularly come across people in America on the net on many sites who seem to assume all their readers live in America, this is the WWW.

Definitely not personal, but a very good point.  Many Americans forget about the fact that the US is not all of the people online.  There are a lot of tourists that travel around the world (and the US national parks are tourist attractions) but they rarely look for a forum for one of the areas they plan to visit, more that they want to find visitor guides.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum