Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.
 


       myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Bez

Who is online?

Not sure if this is the right place but how do you install a 'who is online' thingy that goes at the bottom of your forum, which shows who's logged in in the last 24 hours. (I'm new to all this and havent a clue)   Thanks in advance  
myff admin

1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link to your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not.
  2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.
  3. Keep it to one support question per thread, if you have another question start a new topic. This will help others using "search" to find answers.

You also deleted those very questions when posting.
Bez

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link to your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not.


http://zappysnapperz.myfreeforum.org/index.php


 
Quote:
2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.


I have searched before asking and nothing came up  
Bravo

Bez wrote:
I have searched before asking and nothing came up  


The text you deleted asked for the keywords you searched under.  This helps us rename titles etc so people can find things more easily and more quickly.
Bez

Bravo wrote:
Bez wrote:
I have searched before asking and nothing came up  


The text you deleted asked for the keywords you searched under.  This helps us rename titles etc so people can find things more easily and more quickly.


Its hard work on here!

So can you tell me what you want me to do before you can answer my question?   In the search box I wrote 'who is online' and 'how to install who is online'

I'm completely new to all the admin side of forums.
Bravo

http://howtodoit.myfastforum.org/Visits_In_Last_24_Hours_about272.html
Bez

Thanks.   I'll try that tomorrow when my heads clear.. will let you know if I manage!
Bez

Its me again!

I've made the 'editor' account. Now I'm not sure which template I need to use? I used myff_zappysnapperz1/ for the forum logo, so would I select  myff_zappysnapperz2/ ?

Thanks!
Bravo

Whichever one you use.

A good tip:  Copy the one you use (eg snapperz1) into snapperz2 and then work on 2.  That way, if you bugger it up, you have a point to revert to.  Once you are happy with your changes you can simply either make snapperz2 the default, or copy it into snapperz1.
myff admin

You should copy the template that is set as default for the board to a slot you are not using and edit and test with the editor user in the new slot.
Bez

So if I copy the  zappysnapperz1, the logo wont disappear?

Is this the correct place to copy the template?


http://i44.tinypic.com/2cwqw1.jpg

Thanks in advance
Bravo

It is fairly straight forward from what I can see.  It has a template you want to copy and a template you want to create.  I don't think I could put it into simpler terms than are already there.

It's certainly true that some people are more 'techy' than others, so if something as basic as this is beyond you then I would suggest you don't attempt this kind of edit yet.  There is always time later for what after all, doesn't really add much to your forum.
myff admin

Yep, copy does what it says on the tin  
Bez

Hey well it might be simple to you's experts but to someone who's never done this before, and who doesnt want to blow up their forum,  Wink  need it in baby language!

I might get a more techy minded friend to do it for me anyway.
myff admin

Take it slowly and you will get there.
Daniel(u1bd2005)

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Take it slowly and you will get there.


yeh, the guides over at howtodoit are wrote by a simple person for simple people, you'll get there...

i mean....

sowwie symon  

       myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum