Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
ant1994

What does it need?

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :
http://theantkeepersforum.myfunforum.org/index.php

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
so what do you think it needs?
Full Tilt Boogie

Re: What does it need?

ant1994 wrote:
http://theantkeepersforum.myfunforum.org/index.php

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

so what do you think it needs?

Honestly?

It needs you to first think about, and then answer this question:

"Why should people join my board? What incentive or aspect am I providing for them which would make them want to join?"

Unless you can answer that, you're gonna struggle with growing your board.

Good luck.
ant1994

I did figure out on how to get traffic i have it in all my sigs of the sites i go to i also got some caresheet and a load of help i also made a mod.
Full Tilt Boogie

ant1994 wrote:
I did figure out on how to get traffic i have it in all my sigs of the sites i go to i also got some caresheet and a load of help i also made a mod.

None of which, alas, goes to answering the question, as they're all merely cosmetic.

Again, have a wee think - why should potential new members join your site? What have you got there which might make them want to join?

Can you answer these questions?
ant1994

no
Full Tilt Boogie

ant1994 wrote:
no

OK, are you aware of any websites or forums which deal in the same single topic which your site does - i.e. ants?

If you are, visit them and take a look at how they do things; what kind of content they house, what kind of questions are asked; what topics attract a lot of user traffic & discussion - and then ask yourself, "Am I doing anything like this?"

If not, then you could always begin writing or putting together content like this, as you know people with an interest in ants are happy to sit and discuss in web forums. Join these other forums and place your site URL link in your profile signature - other may see it and check out your site and join!

Do not go stealing content though! That could likely get you in to hot water.

Good luck!
ant1994

lol i did all the above [exept the stealing part]
Full Tilt Boogie

ant1994 wrote:
lol i did all the above [exept the stealing part]

OK, then that should at least begin to show you how to answer the question - why should people join your forum. What have successful forums got which you haven't (and I don't mean members)?
ant1994

I got it they got good quaility posts and helpful tips thanks!
Full Tilt Boogie

ant1994 wrote:
I got it they got good quaility posts and helpful tips thanks!

No - they have content - without content which potential new members want to read or comment on, your site won't take off. It's really that simple.

So, what are you doing to give your site worthwhile content?

And just posting "Place all your ant nest question here!" is not content.

Ultimately, is your hobby of sufficient interest to build a forum on? How big are those forums which you see as your chief 'competition'? How many members and posts do they have?
ant1994

here it is
35 members and
83 topics
933 posts
Full Tilt Boogie

ant1994 wrote:
here it is
35 members and
83 topics
933 posts

Your "Ant site" has (as I've just looked at it):

3 registered members
63 posts

So where your figures above come from is anyone's guess.
ant1994

lol the stuff i posted is of the competion site.
Full Tilt Boogie

ant1994 wrote:
lol the stuff i posted is of the competition site.

OK, and this is the largest forum you see as your immediate competition is it?

So you aspire to have a grand total of 35 members?

Remember what I said in the first part of the thread about 'one-trick-pony' forums?
ant1994

oh the biggest you say
134289 Total posts
7575 Total topics
1650 Total members
Full Tilt Boogie

ant1994 wrote:
oh the biggest you say
134289 Total posts
7575 Total topics
1650 Total members

OK, so again, and ignore number of members for the time being, because we're not comparing apples with apples, but what has the above site got which your site hasn't, what is it doing differently to your site?

What is it which attracts members to post and post regularly? And don't just say 'quality posts', as that's a non-descript term which means different things to different people.

Imagine you've got one shot at trying to explain the interest in your hobby to someone who's got no experience of it but might want to learn.

How would you convey and explain that message? How would you convince them to join?
ant1994

The guy who made it is smarter and older?not enough discussion?[i dont know how to make discussion ]
ant1994

I got it it has more content so i need more content!Thanks for that!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum