Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
lil cypriot

what am i missing and how to put.....

Hello im new and i dont really know if this is the right place to put this if it isnt please correct me,

but i just wanted to know what else do ii need in my forums to make them better

www.thechat.myfastforum.org

and another thing how do i put my forums on google and how do i advertise to get people there this forum is just for people to go and talk...
myff admin

It's an empty forum. No one will be in the slightest bit interested in it.

I suggest reading the myriad bits of advice in this forum and learning.
lil cypriot

Liisten im just asking for help im heaps new to all of this and i wanted to know how to like "unempty" the forum?
Bravo

Reasons your forum is empty:

Quote:
Our users have posted a total of 6 articles
We have 2 registered users

and

Quote:
Staff names
These are all the staff names please respect these people. Or you WILL suffer

I don't think people are gonna be falling over themselves to join just yet
lil cypriot

yes well ive just created the forum a day ago...what do you expect?
Bravo

lil cypriot wrote:
what do you expect?

A less aggressive attitude to those trying to help you for one.
lil cypriot

listen im sorry but its starting to annoy me i want people to come on my forum but i dont knoe how to "advertise" it
symon

lil cypriot wrote:
listen im sorry but its starting to annoy me i want people to come on my forum but i dont knoe how to "advertise" it

So by your attitude so far you think people will come running ?

Ok you want more members,

1. more posts
2. read
3.read
4.read

read = read all the tips and suggestions we have only by hard work will you get a successful forum.

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/...hp?component=forum&forumid=12
myff admin

A general chat forum is the hardest of all to start, and why anyone would think someone would joint an empty and illiterate one is totally beyond me.
lil cypriot

Thank you symon im currently trying to get some forums up. But is there anything else that can help me? Like a way advertise?
Nick(NR)

some suggestions in other threads, that you were encouraged to go and read seeing as other people have asked the same question before: http://forum.myfreeforum.org/about14208.html
lil cypriot

Yes, i have been doing that and im trying to get more topics up
demon

here is what i do i pm people on other sites usually just 1 and then tell them to get some more members that is how i do that sorta thing
Louise

You are extremely lucky if you get away with trying to poach members of other sites in that way.

You'd never get away with that on mine - It's one of our rules!
Louise

lil cypriot wrote:
yes well ive just created the forum a day ago...what do you expect?

Sorry for the double post But I just read this.

I would advise that you don't advertise then until you have something to attract members.

My own forum was advertised after 24 hours but by then it had over 400 posts .
Monsieur-Folie

besides the fact that it's wrong and against most forums policies,
it's not going to work.

You need to put work and effort into your forum and when you do, people will notice and they will join.

To pull such a stunt on my forum would get you warned or banned. Hard work builds a forum, not just a "hey my site is cool come and look" PM or whatever.
Bravo

demon wrote:
here is what i do i pm people on other sites usually just 1 and then tell them to get some more members that is how i do that sorta thing

No need to revive an 8 month old topic, especially with advice that is against T&C spamming rules.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum