Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Watch this space!

http://sdtimes.com/blog/post/2010...acebook-rewrites-PHP-runtime.aspx

This could be very compelling, and we should be in a good position to take advantage of it.

It will not be before time, php is a very significant slice of performance.
myff admin

What I'm reading so far says you can halve the cpu load of a server with this system, which makes sense.

But I'm still confused by the mechanisms involved  

It sounds like:

1) Developer writes and test php code in php test environment.
2) Code get passed to monkey who does a process of converting the code.
3) Code gets test in special environment that can handle such things.
4) Code gets deployed.

Facebook pays one extra monkey, saves cost of hundreds of servers.

Round here buying extra server (singular) not paying extra monkey is more real.
Zudane

I think facebook needs it.  Then again, their entire URL system needs a bit of an overhaul.  The tagging system doesn't work unless you refresh the page.  At least for me.  I'm assuming it's similar for other people.

But still, facebook's chat system is horrible... half the time it just doesn't work, and the sound thing will take the attention of firefox from whatever you are doing.
Nick(NR)

Zudane wrote:
I think facebook needs it.  Then again, their entire URL system needs a bit of an overhaul.  The tagging system doesn't work unless you refresh the page.  At least for me.  I'm assuming it's similar for other people.

But still, facebook's chat system is horrible... half the time it just doesn't work, and the sound thing will take the attention of firefox from whatever you are doing.

Tbh myspace has become increasingly more stable where as before it was shockingly up and down, while facebook has seemed to go in reverse by going from stable to ever more problems, posting a comment on a friends wall has given me an ajax error warning numerous times this week.
Zudane

myspace = more back-end support followed by more features

facebook = more features followed by more back-end support

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum