Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
rose

voting poll

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

jackrussellfriends.myfastforum.org

can you please help me make the voting poll open to public voting.
i am requesting that it be public in the admin panel and selecting all and unique vote but it keeps telling me that to vote the user has to be registered.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
rose

oops sorry i think i might have put this in the wrong place.
myff admin

You can set whether guests can see polls, but guest can NEVER vote.
rose

jackrussellfriends.myfastforum.org

thats a shame but thanks anyway

thanks
rose
Zudane

It's a bit hard to have a public vote that is accurate, and if it's not accurate, why do it?

There are only two ways to select if a guest is 'unique' and either one can both block people and be avoided.  Using a cookie is one way to mark when a guest has voted, but other users of the same computer could then not vote.  At the same point the cookie could be cleared and the guest can revote.

Tracking IP addresses could work, but it can block any other user with the same IP address, which if the original voter reconnects with a dynamic IP then another guest could then be told they already voted when they didn't.  This could be bypassed through reconnecting to the internet (if the person has a dynamic IP) or if the guest uses a proxy which can change the IP address.

So, that's the long answer... in short: it's just not feasible.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum