Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
symon

Virtual Shop Questions

The but back price has to be the same as the purchases price, can this be changed, after all i dont want members buying something then months down the line selling it back 2nd hand for the same price.  Wink

Also the buying back process is a little mind confusing as to the untrained eye it looks like you have added another item to your basket insted of selling it.

And the buy back has no button its just a link.

www.facebookappchat.co.uk
myff admin

Bug fixed with the buy back price.

I agree it is a little confusing, perhaps that can be handled better in the template.

But for reasons of keeping things simple we do want the process of buying and selling to be logically identical otherwise we would have to run a lot of different shopping cart code for buying and selling.

I guess we need to ask Nick for a button, I held off on doing this as I view this as a tricky area and did not want Nick to be functioning blind when looking at the issues of buttons.

Hopefully if you are developing a shop with buying and selling we can point Nick at a link soon and he will have a much clearer idea.

Equally the whole template is my typical bare bones functioning affair, something with all the macros and <IF> statements, but with sod all css classes and design to it. Hopefully we can take someones better effort and make it the default.
But we do not want to rush whilst the bug fixes are ongoing.
symon

Ok been working on this and got nearley there just one small problem.

1.If I Go  to www.facebookappchat.co.uk/beer.html  

I can select the drink I want (top one is best as x profile field set.)

I then  click buy which takes me to my mangerscart page giving me the option to checkout or go shopping for more.

If you click checkout it takes me to my normal shop
Code:
{MYFF.SHOP}

If you click view basket the items you have brought do show up and you can checkout and they do show on your profile.

However what i,m asking is what would be the link to skip the myff.shop and go straight to check out or view basket.

I have tried

Code:
<FORM ACTION="http://facebookappchat.co.uk/shop.html?component=shop&mode=viewcart" NAME="form" METHOD="GET" onsubmit="return ValidateCart(this)">

But again this will just take me straight to the shop with a link of

http://facebookappchat.co.uk/shop.html?x=25&y=10

Would love an answer on this as been working on it for some time now.  

Also where is the .css to control the shop as the colours do not go well with my template.

www.facebookappchat.co.uk
myff admin

I'm somewhat confused by using several pages for the shop   the principle of the system is that you use the one page and the shopping cart cms_shop.tpl file adapts. This file knows what mode the shop is in.

<!-- IF SHOP_S_MODE == 4 -->
<!-- Order received  -->
Thank you for your order

<!-- ENDIF -->

for example is for mode 4 when payment is complete.
symon

So are you saying once i hit buy on my first page it should go straight too cms_shop.
myff admin

Symon wrote:
So are you saying once i hit buy on my first page it should go straight too cms_shop.

certainly all shop pages should be one page.
myff admin

Also you seem to have been editing forms a bit:

<FORM NAME=order ACTION="managecart.html" onSubmit="AddToCart(this);">

seems to have come from the nopcart documentation? at any rate it is a bit wrong for us.

We need method="post" in there.

Also that definition is non standard html. There is a lot of that in nopcart and I am slowly trying to correct it.

<form name="order" method="post" action="{U_SHOP_ACTION}&mode=viewcart" onSubmit="AddToCart(this);">

is the correct line. Note that the action is designed to keep you on the same page. Possibly if you are embedding in a html page, this will break, but that is a bug that should be reported. e.g. {U_SHOP_ACTION} may be unreliable.
symon

admin (no pm's please) wrote:

<form name="order" method="post" action="{U_SHOP_ACTION}&mode=viewcart" onSubmit="AddToCart(this);">

is the correct line. Note that the action is designed to keep you on the same page. Possibly if you are embedding in a html page, this will break, but that is a bug that should be reported. e.g. {U_SHOP_ACTION} may be unreliable.

This leads to

http://facebookappchat.co.uk/&mode=viewcart

which is not found.

However i used
Code:

<FORM ACTION="http://facebookappchat.co.uk/shop.html?component=shop&mode=checkout" NAME="form" METHOD="post" onsubmit="return ValidateCart(this)">

Which does the trick and leads me straight to checkout, avoiding the view basket etc.
myff admin

Ok, I will knock up a html page to see if I can get it to work without tweaking, as this is still a bug.
myff admin

Seems to work okay in the html page for me.

It is an extra stage I know having the view basket sequence. Maybe I should make this optional?
myff admin

Then again View Basket is where you can adjust the content of the order and so does have a logical role.
symon

My question now is more and likey a silly one but what part of the .css do i adjust to stop having this page have the black background as you can see its hard to read the text, if it had no background colour it would fit nicely in the system.

This page looks badley wrong.

http://facebookappchat.co.uk/shop.html
symon

Well i have the basic shop front sorted and links all seem to be ok just need the button links on final page to go to my shop rather than to myff shop.

And before anyone reports me or gets to excited its just a virtual shop.

www.facebookappchat.co.uk/appyshop.html
myff admin

Looks good, it seems you have sorted the background.

In general with the shop there are few css definitions used in the template at the moment, something that probably should be improved.
Nick(NR)

Just curious Symon I take it your using it in web pages as: http://portalogy.myfastforum.org/index.php?component=shop

all works fine through the forum template, while logged in?
symon

Nick(NR) wrote:
Just curious Symon I take it your using it in web pages as: http://portalogy.myfastforum.org/index.php?component=shop

all works fine through the forum template, while logged in?

Not quite nick ,, i uploaded the files from the net and just integrated it to work with the myffshop.

I,m using files like beer.html etc
symon

Looks good, it seems you have sorted the background.

In general with the shop there are few css definitions used in the template at the moment, something that probably should be improved.

Not quite here is the view i mean

this is on http://facebookappchat.co.uk/shop.html

Now checkout on  http://facebookappchat.co.uk/shop.html?component=shop&mode=checkout

Looks like this and its like this that i want the first pic to look with out the blue/black ground

myff admin

I see two issues.

Code:
<form action="shop.html?component=shop&amp;mode=pay" method="post" onsubmit="return CheckForm(this)"></form>
    <script>
        CheckoutCart();
    </script>[b]</tbody></table>[/b]

the bolded bit seems wrong it ends a table that should not be ended. This seems to be coming  from the javascript   have you altered the javascript?

I also note your form actions are sometimes shop.html and sometime appyshop.html which will cause issues.
symon

I see two issues.

Code:
<form action="shop.html?component=shop&amp;mode=pay" method="post" onsubmit="return CheckForm(this)"></form>
    <script>
        CheckoutCart();
    </script>[b]</tbody></table>[/b]

the bolded bit seems wrong it ends a table that should not be ended. This seems to be coming  from the javascript   have you altered the javascript?

I also note your form actions are sometimes shop.html and sometime appyshop.html which will cause issues.

Stiill working on the forms i know viewcart is wrong.

no i dont think i edited the cms_shop at all ,, well i did in teh beginning but then copied a working one form spare template as far as i,m aware it has always had this issue.
myff admin

the cms_shop.tpl is not the javascript!

I think the problem is that the browser is struggling with html errors.

I think cms_shop.tpl has them in spades   and needs a lot of fixing. I am working on that now. What happens I think is that the browser does its best to deal with a table error and messes things up.
symon

Found a bug.

When you sell something back to the shop for example

Quote:
Product Id Product Name/Description Quantity Price
FGG1 Luxury Nights 1 114.95/ea
SUBTOTAL 114.95
TAX 20.12
TOTAL 135.07

It adds the tax to it and you get the buy back price plus the tax back.
myff admin

Is that actually wrong? surely with a buy back system we are only talking virtual shops where tax would not be enabled?
symon

Is that actually wrong? surely with a buy back system we are only talking virtual shops where tax would not be enabled?

I,m cool with it, shame all the spare change couldn't be directed to the forums bank  

Ok i,m working on an inventory very basic at the moment so was wondering if you could make the macros for item description item cost item sell back ???

http://facebookappchat.co.uk/inventory.html

You see the img and how many you is there .
myff admin

Isn't inventory something that should be part of cms_shop.tpl, but in a different "mode".

so you could have {MYFF.SHOP mode="inventory"} in a template and the inventory would show?

Something I'd need to put in (which is trivial) and which I cannot see how you are managing at the moment?
symon

Isn't inventory something that should be part of cms_shop.tpl, but in a different "mode".

so you could have {MYFF.SHOP mode="inventory"} in a template and the inventory would show?

Something I'd need to put in (which is trivial) and which I cannot see how you are managing at the moment?

I,m not mangering apart from img and count

Code:
<tr>
                <td align="center" class="gen"><span class="gen">&nbsp;{TheDogsBollocks_IMG}&nbsp;</span></td>
                <td align="center" class="gen"><span class="gen">{TheDogsBollocks.DESCRPTION}</span></td>
                <td align="center" class="gen">&nbsp;{TheDogsBollocks}&nbsp;</td>
                <td valign="middle" align="center" class="gen">&nbsp;{TheDogsBollocks.BUYPRICE}&nbsp;</td>
                <td valign="middle" align="center" class="gen">&nbsp;{TheDogsBollocks.BUYBACKPRICE}&nbsp;</td>
            </tr>
myff admin

I will try and put this in tomorrow, even with xmas getting in the way of things it is not hard to fit in, the only bother is whether this needs to be done a little outside of the current mode system so that any new modes can be added. e.g. inventory should not end up in a line:

<!-- IF SHOP_S_MODE == 7 -->

but we should pass it through as :

<!-- IF SHOP_S_MODE == "inventory" -->

allowing people to play more.
symon

What ever you feel best i only did my own as there wasnt one, if one was to be added i,d use that one.
symon

One other thing while we are flagging things up .

The option to give the item to another person is there in the settings but there is no visual way of doing this. ?
myff admin

Not currently implemented. I'd welcome thoughts on mechanisms for doing this?

I'd guess it would be a link you could put in topics and profiles against the person being given to, and it would bring up a dialog which would I guess be once again a version of the shop component meaning a few more changes to the cms_shop.tpl template  
symon

IMHO

I think inventory  is the best place to control this same as a buyback link, so next to an item maybe a drop box saying give to then you search username and they get a private message or email to say its done.
myff admin

Kind of proves the point really

We have a difference of opinion on this.

Hence the logic in waiting a bit, and perhaps polling opinion when a few people have the portal in use.
symon

Kind of proves the point really

We have a difference of opinion on this.

Hence the logic in waiting a bit, and perhaps polling opinion when a few people have the portal in use.

LOOK IN TOO MY EYES you know i,m right

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum