Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
FPs

Use of e mail

Someone with a free forum from here has been using an e mail address registered to me.

fishingposts1@yahoo.co.uk

The person who is using it has no right to do so, i have NOT given him permission to use it.
What is the procedeure to have the person remove the e mail. Is the use of non ownership of e mail a violation of free forum rules please. ?
Bravo

We don't police the internet, we have no means to investigate your claims or do anything about it if we could.
FPs

So what your saying, a member of free forums can use something that he/she has no right/permission to use. ?

The  person in question has violated my e mail address and as far as i can gather. your condoning his actions.
myff admin

You have not exactly given us any information!

What we do have is at the bottom of each email sent by our forums is a link that allows you to wipe out that account yourself.

I assume if someone if accidentally or on purpose using your email address you are getting emails with that link and could use it?

Meanwhile as Bravo says we have absolutely no means of knowing who owns email addresses. Which is why we provide that link!
FPs

myff admin wrote:
You have not exactly given us any information!

What we do have is at the bottom of each email sent by our forums is a link that allows you to wipe out that account yourself.

I assume if someone if accidentally or on purpose using your email address you are getting emails with that link and could use it?

Meanwhile as Bravo says we have absolutely no means of knowing who owns email addresses. Which is why we provide that link!

He is using it on purpose, simple as that.
The first thing you say, i have no means to " wipe out that e mail account " as you put it.
Yes i have has e mails from that free forum site, from spamming sunglasses to not so nice websites.
FPs

If you would care to send an e mail to

fishingposts1@yahoo.co.uk

I will duly oblige and reply to you to prove that it is my e mail account.
FPs

Oh well never mind,  
Nick(NR)

Why not go onto that forum, do the forgotten password link, reset the password, login and delete/deactivate the account, it will force the person who used your email address unjustly, to re-register with their own, we do not control what other people do, nor are we here to micromanage a forum that is under the ownership of the forum admin, it is their responsibility to act on a complaint regarding a user of their forum, we will only interject when a forum is/brought acting intentionally or unknowingly against our set of terms and conditions which forum owners agree to abide by when they create their forum.

http://www.myfreeforum.org/index....task=view&id=22&Itemid=32

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum