Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Polycell

Uploading personal 'ranks'

http://submariners.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Hi I'm trying to upload  'ranks'  someone told me on another forum site that if i use the img code it will work is that true as mine will not work.
Bravo

Link
Bravo

I see your forum has no posts yet, and has these video tutorials still on.  I suggest you watch them, they are there for your benefit and answer the most common starter questions.
Polycell

OK, sorry I didn't read the tutorial!!  I have now thanks for the directions.
One question so I have a set of 'ranks'  images, do they have to be gifs?  Can they be jpg files?
In the tutorial you talk about the path to the 'ranks' images like so
quote from tutorial:
So our final rank path is

ranks/Coeur/heart0.gif
So is this path to my PC ie do I make a folder then file etc on my PC?
Sorry for asking noddy question(s)
Fred
myff admin

Nothing needs doing on your PC.

For personal ranks they need to be uploaded for a forum template and the template path used in place of ranks/...
Bravo

Polycell wrote:
Can they be jpg files?

Yep, or png also
Bravo

Polycell wrote:
ranks/Coeur/heart0.gif

Just copy and paste the parts as per the tutorial.

ie

Templates/(paste in here)
Polycell

Bravo wrote:
Polycell wrote:
ranks/Coeur/heart0.gif

Just copy and paste the parts as per the tutorial.

ie

Templates/(paste in here)
Sorry I don't mean to appear thick or ungrateful but...
I don't understand what the tutorial or you are trying to tell me.
I have ten ranks I would like to use so..
Where do I start?  ie I have the ranks as little files, as yet I haven't given them a file ident (gif, jpeg or whatever)  Do they need to go into a image maker/photo bucket source?
By all means point me to some script/text that explains all but just making statements like
Templates/(paste in here)[/quote] mean diddley squat.
Yes I understand the code needs putting into a template, yes I understand that the code has to have a font size etc put its the template bit.
Again I am sorry but....................Fred
Bravo

its on the video

When you upload your image, copy and paste the text at the top, and add that to the bit I said.

You will need to watch the video, I am only typing out here what is said on there, there is no other way of saying what you need to do.  Thousands of people have sorted their ranks out like this.  So I suggest rewatching the video and pausing if you need to.
myff admin

No forum needs its own ranks to be successful. If you are too low on the learning curve to add ranks then concentrate on running a forum, that is what really matters.
Polycell

Thankyou for the advice but I wanted the rank feature to work.
I have now sussed it out and it may be worthy of note that those others struggling to understand the gobbly dee goog that this is how I did it.
I downloaded my rank images into Photobucket.
I then copied the Image code in Photobucket and pasted each rank into a word document.
Then took of the [IMG] identifier at the begining and end of the code so I was left with code like this
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albu...279/Jayouest/Ranks/Submarine5.gif
This I copied and pasted into the rank image code box in the 'Rank image ' management section on the Administrators panel.
QED
scottishbikers

Just tried that,when i save them  / is not allowed in a filename?
myff admin

/ is most definitely not allowed. Steer away from spaces and other odd characters as well.
scottishbikers

Polycell wrote:

Then took of the [IMG] identifier at the begining and end of the code so I was left with code like this
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albu...9/[b]Jayouest/Ranks/Submarine5.gif[/b]
This I copied and pasted into the rank image code box in the 'Rank image ' management section on the Administrators panel.
QED

how did he manage to get these filenames to upload to photobucket?
myff admin

I think you are confusing the filename uploaded and the file path the file has on photobucket. Paths will have "/" in them, which is why the filename cannot have!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum