Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
myff admin

Unbearably hot

I just thought I'd state the obvious  

Can hardly breathe here.

I have just slapped on the Sauna which should make a very cold shower bearable, the boiler died last night so no hot water here

I don't know if the boiler dying was heat related, but I expect the net being down for 18 hours yesterday/today was, as the box in the street melted down (not that the ISP could tell me that on the phone, I still have an engineer booked for Friday as they were telling me it was my modem) I got back this morning from buying a 30m CAT5 cable to get the main office setup back on line via a backup connection to find someone repairing the box in the street  
Bravo

We have to work in it and they make us wear hard hats, full length overalls (rolling up sleeves not allowed, no skin allowed to show) and believe it or not, gloves.

Yesterday was so hot a lot of lads were working gloveless, I also took mine off.  Wasn't long before some safety officer prat asked me to put my gloves on (he was just on a little foray into the site out of his air conditioned office).  I told him we'd been given special dispensation on account of the weather (we hadn't but it shut him up   )
CodyT07

Re: Unbearably hot

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
I just thought I'd state the obvious  

Can hardly breathe here.

I have just slapped on the Sauna which should make a very cold shower bearable, the boiler died last night so no hot water here

I don't know if the boiler dying was heat related, but I expect the net being down for 18 hours yesterday/today was, as the box in the street melted down (not that the ISP could tell me that on the phone, I still have an engineer booked for Friday as they were telling me it was my modem) I got back this morning from buying a 30m CAT5 cable to get the main office setup back on line via a backup connection to find someone repairing the box in the street  

It is either really hot here or really nice out on days where I live.
I take it 'boiler' translate from England English to 'Water Heater' in American English, we had to buy one after the city put some new 'meter readers' in and caused a lot of peoples water heaters to fail  
Full Tilt Boogie

It's calmed down a bit today though.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum