Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Aba

Twitter Portal

My twitter Portal is not showing. What did I do WRONG?

http://teluu.myfastforum.org/index.php
danm97

The twitter portal isnt meant to be shown anywhere on your site. All it does is twit your new topics on your twitter account.

But saddly twitter keep changing their codings so this portal doesnt work all the time, its up and down since it got added to our forums.
Ask Mr. Religion

I assume I need not explicitly add the twitter portal to the header or footer templates, but only enable it, correct?

As such, I see it is not working and will just have to wait until the twitter folks stop twiddling with their software.

AMR
Zudane

Ask Mr. Religion wrote:
I assume I need not explicitly add the twitter portal to the header or footer templates, but only enable it, correct?

As such, I see it is not working and will just have to wait until the twitter folks stop twiddling with their software.

AMR

Correct it need only be enabled.  Although still not very reliable, and may not work again, not sure.
archers-rest

Is this all down to Twitter?  Is there nothing MYFF can do to get a feed to twitter back up and running or does anyone know of a 3rd party agent that could link a feed up?  

Twitter is a highly used tool amongst my forum members and having the forum linked to it was working extremely well when it was running?

Would a new portal/api (whatever they are called) sort this issue?
Nick(NR)

For making posts get fed to twitter, I doubt a solution is likely when they keep changing things that make it break
archers-rest

Nick(NR) wrote:
For making posts get fed to twitter, I doubt a solution is likely when they keep changing things that make it break

'tis a great shame that as when working it is a fantastic tool

Why is MYFF so different to other sites that successfully feed to twitter?
zeligmusic

What's the situation with this?

I've gone through portal setup but I'm not sure if I've done everything correctly. I only have one forum on my site, and it's hidden unless I authorise the user. Would this affect the twitter portal?

Am I right in thinking that any new thread should be tweeted on twitter? Is this the case for replies to existing threads?

I've posted a couple of new threads, but they haven't appeared on twitter.

Here is my setup below....

Once I had entered all the info, I clicked "Update portal parameters". That should be good to go shouldn't it?

Many thanks,
Will
myff admin

Twitter have changed their system so the portal no longer works.
zeligmusic

Ah, ok, no worries, cheers for the reply.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum