Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Highspirit

Traffic exchange?

Are there any good places to go for a good traffic exchange to get more users to sign up to your forum?
myff admin

Re: Traffic exchange?

Highspirit wrote:
Are there any good places to go for a good traffic exchange to get more users to sign up to your forum?

I think traffic schemes tend to be scammy
Highspirit

Are there any hints or tips you could pass over then admin?
myff admin

There is a ton of threads on here on promoting your forum.
sgts

Join any supernatural type forum and make a couple of posts on each a week. Make sure you have your forum in your signature. Be active on those forums and find new stuff for yours. I've seen some photos on 'supernatural forums' that are so faked it hurts... it does get people talking though!
A photo like that would be so easy to fake and with a little bit of clever "Do you think this is real?" and have the link to YOUR forum, people might join just to say thatthe photo is a blatant fake, then they look around, the rest is history
Highspirit

good point, thanks
David

Re: Traffic exchange?

admin wrote:
Highspirit wrote:

I think traffic schemes tend to be scammy

True, true
MarkD

Slightly off topic, but one thing I was thinking of today after a new person who has a myfreeforum site joined my general chat site, would it be useful, from a page rank point of view, for us to each set up a "post your forum" on our individual sites like the one we have here?

You would only be able to post your forum if you have a reciprocal forum on your own site.

i.e. Symon posts his funnyworld and theghosthousegang forum with a description of what they are etc. I can then post my forum and description on his sites.

Mark
SweetSour

MarkD wrote:
Slightly off topic, but one thing I was thinking of today after a new person who has a myfreeforum site joined my general chat site, would it be useful, from a page rank point of view, for us to each set up a "post your forum" on our individual sites like the one we have here?

You would only be able to post your forum if you have a reciprocal forum on your own site.

i.e. Symon posts his funnyworld and theghosthousegang forum with a description of what they are etc. I can then post my forum and description on his sites.

Mark

I quite like that idea.  Were you thinking of allowing posting by Guests for that, or would we all have to register to be able to post on each other's forums?

I have a section on my forum for affiliates where I post a button (i.e. a small pic) which links to their site and they link back to my forum.  Would that be any better?  That way the forum admin does the posting on their own site.
MarkD

SweetSour wrote:
I quite like that idea. Were you thinking of allowing posting by Guests for that, or would we all have to register to be able to post on each other's forums?

I have a section on my forum for affiliates where I post a button (i.e. a small pic) which links to their site and they link back to my forum. Would that be any better? That way the forum admin does the posting on their own site.

Sorry, forgot all about this hadn't really thought that far ahead, but your idea sounds good, the only problem I see is how do people make a request for a link without joining?? Maybe a guest posting forum is the way to go you could still delete posts that are deliberate spam or were the forum in question does not allow reciprocal links.

Would this actually help to increase page ranks??
myff admin

All links are goof for page ranks. Especially if you can get them across domains. Hence partnerting with myfastforum.org site from myfreeforum.org would be extra benefical.
MarkD

OK I have set up a reciprocal links forum to give this a try. It is available HERE

I have one link in there, which is not reciprocal at the moment, but I liked the idea behind the forum

If anyone wants to post in there then if you set up a similar forum on your boards were I can post a link then we are in business.
myff admin

MarkD wrote:
OK I have set up a reciprocal links forum to give this a try. It is available HERE

I have one link in there, which is not reciprocal at the moment, but I liked the idea behind the forum

If anyone wants to post in there then if you set up a similar forum on your boards were I can post a link then we are in business.

A good idea is to try and make the links to a forum sticky. e.g. a powerful landing page for google.
MarkD

Thanks for that.

So it would be a good idea then to let people post their links as normal, then for me to set up a sticky that I can recreate the links in? That way people can post a little info on their forum with a pic, but I have a sticky which just contains the links. Would that be the best way to go?
myff admin

MarkD wrote:
Thanks for that.

So it would be a good idea then to let people post their links as normal, then for me to set up a sticky that I can recreate the links in? That way people can post a little info on their forum with a pic, but I have a sticky which just contains the links. Would that be the best way to go?

The important thing is that both the page with the links and the pages linked to are prominant pages with good keywords. Thus a sticky on your forum should contain both descriptions and a link to a "good" page on their forum.
MarkD

Thanks for that I will amend the announcement to make sure people post a description and "good" page link as well. May be better then to have them post in the info directly into a sticky rather than making a seperate Topic and me then duplicating it.
symon

What i tend to try and happen is that when people post their links i ask them for a logo aswell as i think this looks better and you have more chance of people clicking the link,, which reminds me mark on funnyworld i only have a plain link for you so pop over and put a photo link up if you want
MarkD

Thanks Symon I have amended the Announcement to suggest just that, along with incorporating Admin's suggestions. I will get over and post a a picture once I get a minute, really should get on with what they pay me for here well for at least an hour anyway.

Get yourself over to our site and post the reciprocal link, I know we have a link to you somewhere anyway, but better to have it more prominent and in the dedicated links section.

By the way how did you get on with that free hosting site I mentioned?
symon

Have not had a chance to try yet as my hosting company at ther moment are working well fingers crossed.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum