Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
moondood

To save psetering you anymore then we have to

Click to see full size image

could you confirm as to if those settingare correct please???

Also could you tell us if our old domain name www.leedspeeps.co.uk with being in the old DNS database everydns.com could be causing us problems?

Cheers Admin:-)

www.theukforum.co.uk
myff admin

Since the domain name is resolving it would appear the correct settings are there.

I am not sure what you mean with the second question?
leedpeeps.co.uk seems to have been changed not to use everydns.net.
moondood

sorry for the delay Mr admin  

The www.leedspeeps.co.uk domain seems to be still in the everydns.com database , I know this because I tried to add ithe leedspeeps domain  to my new account I have opened on everydns.com site and when I did so  it advised me that the Leedspeeps domain was already in the  database:-(

Many thanks

Steve

www.theukforum.co.uk

sorry to be such a pain.
myff admin

I will remove it from my everydns.net account.
myff admin

though everydns.net seems down for me at the moment.
moondood

Thank you Mr Admin :-)

We are at present letting our members know that we will be changing servers , if that is the correct term?? once we have done so  we then  hope to transfer our details over to the everydns.net . Now I'm not sure if that in turn will mean you will have to alter your settings again , if it does I apologise ,  do you mind changing them again?????

Thanks

steve
myff admin

So long as people are not being a deliberate pain in the neck there is no problem.
moondood

Nope , not me boss      
moondood

Can you translete this for me please??

Quote:
> I havent done a 301 re-direct will that help??

Howdy,

I gather you may be on hosting that does not allow Index.php as the
default home page and are stuck with Index.html?

If your hosting company will fix that, you won't need any redirects
and your ranking points will be fine if all of the links to your home
page stay consistant.

The search engines are experts at combining the ranking points for a
site's home page.  Normally, they store it under the primary domain
name and then display the link they find the most often pointed to the
home page.

Chris

Oh and a big thanks for removing our old domain name from the DNS site:-)

Steve

www.theukforum.co.uk
myff admin

THe best thing for a site home page, is for you to create an index.html page.

Then www.leedpeeps.co.uk will go to landing page without any need for a redirect.
moondood

hanks admin I did do that , now when you use the www.theukforum.co.uk domain name you are re-directed to this  http://theukforum.co.uk/index.html is that right???  Wink
myff admin

Yes, but that does use a 301 redirect that is liked by search engines.
moondood

Good news at last , thanks Admin:-)
moondood

Before we switch over to the old DNS site and in turn causing you more work ,do you think we may have been banned by Google?

Thanks

Steve.

www.theukforum.co.uk
myff admin

why would you have been banned by google?
moondood

Im not sure Mr admin , the only reasons i can of are that Google do not accept the re-direct and maybe one of our topsites could have been deemed to be a links farm .

I did read on an SEO forum that if one of your pages is indexed that you wont have been banned from google , do you know if this is true??

cheers

steve
myff admin

Google will deal with the redirect, but what I don't get is why you don't promote the actual links rather than something that will be redirected?, even now your sig goes to a redirect  

I know little about google "bans" as from what I ever did know they are very very rare.
moondood

Quote:
Google will deal with the redirect, but what I don't get is why you don't promote the actual links rather than something that will be redirected?, even now your sig goes to a redirect  

I know little about google "bans" as from what I ever did know they are very very rare.

i think you are right , and its something we need to consider , I did have the same re-direct with my old domain name  www.leespeeps.co.uk and it didnt cause any problems at all , maybe its just a simple case of building up a bigger links network.:-)

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum