Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
*John*

thefamilyguyforum.co.uk

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link : http://thefamilyguyforum.co.uk/index.php

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

I Made this forum from the start

The forum has a real shop, Which will be have real items like.

- Family guy pens
- Family guy badges
- Family guy Keyrings
- Family guy badges

^^^^ All this stuff shall be added soon in the real shop. NOW, There is a Clearance Shop, the items are not the best but it will be done in around 2 days , There isnt much items added in it yet so keep an eye out!
Lots more just for posting!

We also have just bought a domain which looks alot neater.

So hope to see you there! And you choose to join us today

Thanks

LINK : http://thefamilyguyforum.co.uk/index.php
Zudane

If you are selling REAL family guy items... I assume you have all necessary licensing paperwork?

If you don't have permission to sell them, then you are in copyright violation and subject to having your forum shut down and legal action taken against you by (I believe Fox owns Family Guy rights right now).
Bravo

We are not lawyers working on behalf of Fox or anybody else.
while()

Zudane wrote:
If you are selling REAL family guy items... I assume you have all necessary licensing paperwork?

If you don't have permission to sell them, then you are in copyright violation and subject to having your forum shut down and legal action taken against you by (I believe Fox owns Family Guy rights right now).

As far as I know this isn't the case unless they're acting as a commercial entity, which these people are not. You're well within your rights to sell a DVD you legally purchased to a friend, you don't have to have any sort of license. How would ebay etc. function if this was the case?
Zudane

Selling one thing personally is not the same as selling from a site, which becomes e-commerce and thus is operating as a business.

I'm not sure about UK laws, but minimal you in the US you'd need a resale license and permission to sell licensed product legally.  Even if they do not produce it - if they are selling it commercially (which this would qualify as) then they would need to be acting under the product license of their supplier, which would require a direct contract with the supplier as the site would be working as an entity of the supplier.

And I can understand that MYFF need not be policing other company's policies, but this would be direct copyright infringement which is quickly dealt with in other cases when the user is not making a profit.  When the user is making a direct profit I feel it should be more important to enforce copyright laws.
myff admin

Reselling stuff is not illegal or in violation of any copyright unless the goods are "knockoff".

I see no suggestion of that here.
Gosu71

while() wrote:
Zudane wrote:

As far as I know this isn't the case unless they're acting as a commercial entity, which these people are not. You're well within your rights to sell a DVD you legally purchased to a friend, you don't have to have any sort of license. How would ebay etc. function if this was the case?

While() is right.

There is nothing 'illegal' whatsoever happening on this forum.

On a side note, the forum looks quite good too  Wink
Keaton

Many forums do this.
Moderated: 1
text remove by admin

If its against the law/ToS, admin, say and John will take it off.
myff admin

Cool it people. Let's keep things civil.
*John*

If i do have to get rid of the idea, I Will.

But i see nothing wrong with it  
Keaton

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Cool it people. Let's keep things civil.

OK sorry?

So is it all ok?
while()

*John* wrote:
If i do have to get rid of the idea, I Will.

But i see nothing wrong with it  

Read the thread, it's already been discussed.
Zudane

Alright then, you may know more about the laws in the UK than I do.

But I am curious, what is the amount of royalties per sale going to the owners of Family Guy?
myff admin

If you resell goods that is not your concern anywhere in the world, royalties occur at the first sale in the distribution chain , not at each stage a product is resold.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum