Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
saintjordan96

The Social Corner

Well here is my second forum, hopefully to be a little more successful than SNIPED. Here you can talk about anything as long as it applies to the rules. When and if you join then please post an introduction in the Newcomer's Corner, if there isn't an adequate amount of posts, I tried but I couldn't quite think of stuff to post. We have pretty fun threads and community events are coming soon!

Here is the link,
Click Here

!Comments/Complaints/Criticism Wanted!

Please join if you can!

.:Thanks:.
saintjordan96
Gosu71

What chatbox is it that you are using?
saintjordan96

I am using yellbox. Here is the link, yellbox.com.
saintjordan96

Anyone want to register? Anyone have any suggestions?
Zudane

it's been said before and I've learned first hand...

General chat forums are much more difficult to get started than other forums.  Most people with a busy chat site have a bunch of friends that get it kick started and draw more people in, but it's not very likely to succeed either way.
Full Tilt Boogie

Re: The Social Corner

saintjordan96 wrote:
Well here is my second forum, hopefully to be a little more successful than SNIPED. Here you can talk about anything as long as it applies to the rules. When and if you join then please post an introduction in the Newcomer's Corner, if there isn't an adequate amount of posts, I tried but I couldn't quite think of stuff to post. We have pretty fun threads and community events are coming soon!

Here is the link,
Click Here

!Comments/Complaints/Criticism Wanted!

Please join if you can!

.:Thanks:.
saintjordan96

Sorry mate, can I just ask, are you now focussing mainly on this new forum as opposed to 'Sniped'?

If so, what is it that you think didn't work about 'Sniped'? Why move from a pseudo-military shoot-'em-up to an apparently generalist 'chat' format? What persuaded you to make such a change (i.e. from shooting to chatting?)

One last piece of hopefully constructive criticism - there's an age old adage which reads "aim a nothing, and you're bound to hit it".

That being the case, you have, as part of your banner, the line "Talk About Anything" - so at what and at whom is your new forum aimed? "Anything" covers a mightily large spectrum, and that can confuse potential joiners, as it's unclear as to what the site is about - so what, and at whom, is your forum aimed? What's its point/hook?

If, as you say, your new forum will "hopefully to be a little more successful than SNIPED", why did SNIPED fail? What aspects of Sniped are you avoiding in your new forum?

Hope that helps and would be interested in in your response. Good luck either way!
waspman

I joined my name is waspman!
Zudane

After looking, I'd say if you know about coding at all then make the forum wider, perhaps a set % of the width like 70-80% maybe.  Otherwise it looks pretty good, easy to navigate.

Only things that bug me at all are the width (I run a higher resolution, so to me it's under half the width of the monitor, and leaves a lot of empty space), and then the newcomer's corner and discussion corner.  if the site is the social corner, each forum being a corner sounds.... tacky, I think would be the word.
saintjordan96

Thanks waspman.

I am running a huge resolution and it looks normal but I will change it.

The reason I started this one is I figured it would be easier to talk about and everyone just likes to talk and no one would ever post on the other forum or get online. How do I make my forum successful? I have used the guide but I just can't grasp it. Any suggestions?
Gosu71

Personally I would recommend making a 'niche' forum as opposed to a 'chat about anything' forum. You see, nearly every forum has an Off Topic section where people can chat about anything, so a forum dedicated to chatting about anything is will more than likely fail.

Good look if you carry it on but I would seriously consider going for a niche forum instead.
Zudane

Gosu71 wrote:
Personally I would recommend making a 'niche' forum as opposed to a 'chat about anything' forum. You see, nearly every forum has an Off Topic section where people can chat about anything, so a forum dedicated to chatting about anything is will more than likely fail.

Good look if you carry it on but I would seriously consider going for a niche forum instead.

Not to... push his forum too much.  But Gosu has an excellent point, and is one I said earlier.  General forums difficult to push because you are more likely to get people to visit if you are "the place to go to for ________".  Gosu has created a niche forum for Call of Duty, and it has grown amazingly fast.  The off-topic talk is bound to happen on any forum, so it is hard to get a forum just for that.
Ask Mr. Religion

Indeed. Having a focus will drive like-minded persons to our site, else you get lost among the hoi polloi.

AMR

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum