Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
EvanP

Thanks Button

Hi Guys

I was just wondering, is it possible for a new portal to be added to allow us to add the Thanks button to our forums? I think this would be great and would help all of us, especially as sometimes our forum gets clogged up with posts just saying Thanks.

Do you reckon this is possible Admin?
myff admin

We have been discussing a future system of "post ratings". But that needs more defining. As for "thanks" I have no real idea what you mean by it.
EvanP

What i mean is like Thanks for Posts.

Here is the phpBB link for the Thanks for Posts Modification - http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/inde...mode=display&contrib_id=10395
editor

Doesn't seem so different to post ratings.
EvanP

Personally, i think it's easier and better.
Zudane

How is it easier and better if it is no different?  Basically the request already in place is meant to be able to rank a post as positive or negative - which would work the same as a thanks button, with the addition of being able to say a post was not helpful.
myff admin

As a philosophy we don't litter the forums with mono functional mods.

We write portals that work to give massive choice of functionality.
EvanP

Ah, by post ratings i thought you meant click a link then write a rating about the post. Now you've cleared that up, it does seem much better.

Thanks man.
EvanP

Did anything ever come of this?
myff admin

Not really, I can't recall much input being given on what was wanted, and hence it ends well down the list.
EvanP

Well this post ratings thing was meant to be being introduced, wasn't it?
myff admin

Complex things only get written if there is sufficient interest, if there is not enough interest for people to help define what is needed, there is no way to properly develop a feature.
EvanP

But i think this is a great feature, and it just being a topic here won't create much attention for people who would be interested in it.

Maybe if you asked for thoughts on it in an announcement, it would create a lot more interest?
Zudane

The problem is that we don't just want to find out how many would use it if it was in place... we want to find how many people WANT it.  If there is nobody coming here and asking for it, then it is pretty safe to assume that very few people really want it.
bazfalty

I would love to see a thanks button added. there are so many forums out there with this option on these days.  Is there any chance you could at least give it a trial.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1690905
myff admin

That's a phpbb3 mod, and you are asking in phpbb2 support and not giving a link to your forum so we can't know if you are phpbb2 or phpbb3.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum