Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
SpaceInvaderz

Temporarily Disable

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link : http://swapitshoplounge.myfreeforum.org

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

Hello, please can you temporarily disable SwapitshopLounge, why the other admins and I decide about a restore, and if possible, please could you check the logs to see who deleted posts/users.

Thanks
Invaderz.
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

You can check your own logs in your admin control panel, towards the very bottom on the left side under "7. Logs".

You can also temporarily disable your board in the admin control panel under 2. General > Configuration and click "Disable Board"
SpaceInvaderz

That's the problem you see, I would, but they have deleted/disabled all admin accounts and main posters' accounts, accept theirs, and it is whoever is hidden and online now doing the damage.
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

The "main" admin should be able to iraticate the situation. If you are not the "main" admin you should contact that person as the rogue admin cannot prevent the "main" admin from gaining admin back and such.

If the rogue admin is the "main" admin then you really are limited with options.
SpaceInvaderz

I am trying to contact the main admin, but they are very hard to get hold of.
That's why I posted here
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

I can see your forum is a very large important forum and your situation doesn't look good at the moment. Maybe admin here can help you or you can just wait to get ahold of your "main" admin. Good Luck.
SpaceInvaderz

Thanks for your help

Need to find out who that hidden person is though. (Just so we don't fall into the trap of making them admin again).
myff admin

The forum owner should be able restore access via the control panel.

This occurs time and time again on swapit forums, admin access is given away and the inevitable happens.
myff admin

Yep, 4 admin accounts. So 4x the risk.
forest_fan

Admin who ever this hidden admin is,they are online now.

Just to let you know admin that Joey the co-owner of the forum is online.
adz

I think joey is going to sort it as the forum is currently closed.

Considering its very successful the forum, joey will get it sorted.

Hopefully he will only consider 1 admin and himself to look after the forum in future,  cause having 4 was stupid
forest_fan

I just hope he picks a decent admin who won't do anything like that again.
Daniel(u1bd2005)

he just has to be very careful, a lot of the swapitshop forums have "grudges" on the other swapitshop forums as we have seen a lot here on the support forum.

Chances are that one of those 4 admins he previously hired is also a member/mod or admin on a rival forum.

Thats why (with very rare exception) 1 admin is usually enough for any forum, you should only hire other admins if you are 100% sure they can be trusted, and even then you need to be really careful.
panasonic

out of suspicion
A member called rainbow was acting quite strangely as they had

The Messed up logo as their sig
They kept saying this was fun in one of the posts complaining about it.

Just saying i know that may not be enough to maybe prove it could be them but i think it.
myff admin

Unless the admins are using stupid passwords, then an ordinary member can do nothing.
while()

The majority of members are treated poorly and have bad experiences with the forum, they form a grudge and then use whatever opportunity they have to mess with the forum, this coupled with the ridiculously sub par administration makes it easy game and common. It's nothing to do with the subject matter (swapitshop) it's the individual forum. I could quite easily get myself into an admin position with minimal effort in days, they're very naive.
Rainbow.

panasonic wrote:
out of suspicion

Just saying i know that may not be enough to maybe prove it could be them but i think it.

Well hello.

I am Rainbow. from SSL, check my IP's everything, i am a normal member and only joined in like august/september.
Someone changed my sig and posts, so everyone whould think it was me.

When MFF finds out who it is, it wont be me.
Why would you think a girl would do such a thing?
I have been nothing my nice on that forum and what do i get? You people thinking i ruined a leeding SS forum.
Why? Your making yourself look like a fool and me upset.
Are you happy?
Leave me alone and dont blame someone who you dont even know.

Rant OVER.
myff admin

This is not the place to argue about the merits or otherwise of a forum.

Please leave this thread to the forum admins.
*BigAl*

Well atleast it's disabled now.
panasonic

Rainbow. wrote:
panasonic wrote:
out of suspicion

Well hello.

I am Rainbow. from SSL, check my IP's everything, i am a normal member and only joined in like august/september.
Someone changed my sig and posts, so everyone whould think it was me.

When MFF finds out who it is, it wont be me.
Why would you think a girl would do such a thing?
I have been nothing my nice on that forum and what do i get? You people thinking i ruined a leeding SS forum.
Why? Your making yourself look like a fool and me upset.
Are you happy?
Leave me alone and dont blame someone who you dont even know.

Rant OVER.

if you read it says i think its you  What would you think if you saw a forum trashed up and a member posting it was fun.

Im sorry that i blamed you for something you say you didnt do. i respect that.

Making my self a fool no way how is telling something that i thought was suspicious make me a fool

Anyway at least the forum is now deactivated.
Nick(NR)

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
This is not the place to argue about the merits or otherwise of a forum.

Please leave this thread to the forum admins.

Nor is it the place to continue regardless of agreement or disagreement, someone needs to go grab joey by the scruff of the neck and let him now, so this can be dealt with assuming it hasn't been fulfilled already.

I'm gonna be leaving this open so he can post here when he sees it, please refrain from anything else ladies and gents.
Billybob

This for is still disabled. Does anyone know if it's staying closed or being re-opened?

I take it from the lack of Joey's interest in this thread he may have decided to keep SSL shut.
panasonic

Billybob wrote:
This for is still disabled. Does anyone know if it's staying closed or being re-opened?

I take it from the lack of Joey's interest in this thread he may have decided to keep SSL shut.

yeah its been a week and he still hasnt posted here yet. All the back up would be gone by now
myff admin

There are longer term backups, but it is up to the owner.
panasonic

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
There are longer term backups, but it is up to the owner.

how long?
myff admin

I wouldn't nail it down with a figure, as no one should rely on long term backups.
Splash

Heya,

Im currenrtly deciding what to do with the forum, I am sorry for the delay
everhopeful

Hi,
Splash, as a member (and Donator) of your Forum for almost 2 years now, along with many other loyal members, some of whom have been there much longer than me, I think you owe it to them (us) to get it back up and running.
I know, sometimes, it's a thankless task, owning or running a Forum (esp. busy, popular ones), and often hard work (unless many others run it for you) and troublemakers are always out there to try and spoil things for the good, law-abiding members but, you really have to think of the decent members who ARE missing and WILL miss the Forum.

Get it back up, please

Sue

PS I hope that it's allowed, on this Support Forum, for a member of a "Fried" Forum to post some support/a suggestion/plea?
myff admin

Not a problem and I do agree with you.
22_22

I am a member of SSL and have been since March 2009.
I saw what had happened and Rainbow. did not do it, it was the hidden user. Him/her tried to frame Rainbow. by changing his/her post to "This was fun" and added the same image that said "Shit Hole Forum" in the SS colours lots of times in his/her's signature.
Rainbow.

Thankyou 22_22
Oh and please get this forum back up, I MISS IT!
22_22

Rainbow. wrote:
Thankyou 22_22
Oh and please get this forum back up, I MISS IT!

No problem. Wink

I know, it's been a while since it has been closed now. Only the myff Admin and Splash (Joey) can fix it now.
forest_fan

I hope that the admin does mind me posting this for the members of the lounge.

I have spoken to Joey on MSN and far as i gather that the lounge will be up and running soon.

There also will be a new owner as well.
Rainbow.

Is there any other news?
Is it coming back ?

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum