Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
David

Sudden changes in Google results!

Can someone please explain to me why Gogle results for Web pages decrease dramatically sometimes!?!? Take myfreeforum for example. About two weeks ago I typed in "myfreeforum" on Google, and there were over 95,000 results. Now there are only 32,000! Why the sudden decrease?
Gosu71

maybe its to do with the wrong type of snow on the tracks slowing things down.

or is that british rail?
myff admin

Google can bounce up and down

I can all be a bit mysterious. But aim for backlinks and you will get there. One minor tip I klnow a lot of people are cross promoting forum by linking via other myfreeforums this will not be as effective as truly external links.
SweetSour

We've started off with links on MySpace and other forums (external to myfreeforum). It's too soon to tell if it's having any effect yet though.
myff admin

All measuring systems are prone to funnies.

Look at:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details...?q=&url=forum.myfreeforum.org

Today we have seemingly got to within the top 20,000 sites on the net. But the figure given for the week would show us going downhill compared to the 3 month average

But looking as i can at a graph showing a trend line of the activity over the last several months, I know that week in and week out we are getting busier at a very significant rate.

The answer in this case is that Alexa measurements are based on people surfing using their toolbar, which is a bit of spyware. So the data collected iis as warped as hell.
David

admin wrote:
Google can bounce up and down

I can all be a bit mysterious. But aim for backlinks and you will get there. One minor tip I klnow a lot of people are cross promoting forum by linking via other myfreeforums this will not be as effective as truly external links.
I think that what is actually being unlinked is mainly Google-searched threads of my own forum, and not links to other sites,
David

The sudden decrease of MFF Google results could possibly be due to the forum cull, right? Then again I don't think the cI think around 3000 forums(correct me if I'm wrong) deleted would result in a subtraction of 65,000+ Mff results from Google!
David

It's back up to 84,000 results for MFF! A 50,000+ gain from yesterday.
symon

Ohhh are you a google anorak then Wink
myff admin

David wrote:

Looking at google or any other ranks daily gets a bit like a gog chasing its own tail!
Gosu71

admin wrote:
a gog chasing its own tail!

tell us more about these 'gogs'
myff admin

St0rm[TitE] wrote:
admin wrote:
a gog chasing its own tail!

tell us more about these 'gogs'

Still haven't finished the first cup of coffee, spelling does not kick in until then
David

admin wrote:
David wrote:

Looking at google or any other ranks daily gets a bit like a gog chasing its own tail!
I don't look at Google results everyday,it'a just that everytime I go to the Myfreeforum supoprt forum is thru Google, and I happened to notice that from the last time I visted the Support forum, it had risne 50,000+.
myff admin

Just noting that looking at stats can get a bit pointlessly obsessive. It is in fact a bit of a fault of mine
David

admin wrote:
Just noting that looking at stats can get a bit pointlessly obsessive.:
You're right.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum