Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
cheryl1989

Sub-forum keeps vanishing, Please Help.

http://cherylsbreasttalk.myfastforum.org/index.php

Hi, i have a problem where one of my sub-forums keeps vanishing and cannot be seen, when i go back and set it as a sub-forum its ok until i log out and then it vanishes agiain, when i go back into management and try to set it again, there is a messege at the top saying resetting forum to not a sub-forum as parent does not think it has sub-forums. Can anyone help me with this please as i really do not know whats going on.

Thanks Cheryl.
myff admin

Sounds like a bug. It may be that reordering the forum/sub-forum will sort it out. e.g. move it or its parent up/down.
cheryl1989

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply, i have tried what you suggested but it did not work, it seems to happen when i change the permissions on the sub-forum so only registered members can see it, then it does what i said on my previous post, if i leave it so guests and everyone can view it, it seems to be fine, but i want it to be hidden from guests but nothing i try seems to work. i dont seem to have any other problems with any other sub-forums except this one?

Thanks Cheryl.
myff admin

Is there some kind of conflict with the permissions of the parent forum?
cheryl1989

Yes i think there might be, my parent forum, is set so everyone can view it, but i set my sub-forum to be registered only so do you think that is the reason?

Thanks Cheryl.
Zudane

Do you have permissions set for the subforum for guests?  If there is none set for the guest (under normal circumstances, IE: parent forum) it would be no access - but with a parent forum it will inherit the permissions from the parent forum.

Also worth checking, if guest permissions are set.. are they set to "No" or "Never"?  "No" can be overridden by a "Yes", but nothing overrides a "Never".  Which is to say that if you put No for the subforum but Yes for the parent forum, the Yes overrides the No.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum