Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
symon

Spped up your pc free for 1 year

Please complete the form below to receive your serial number to activate your full version of SpeedUpMyPC including 1 year of Active Protection.

http://mag.uniblue.com/camag/uk/sp/signup/
panther_dust

speedupmypc isnt actaly any good all it does is delete temp files and clean the regestry... norton360 does that and more hehe..
Zudane

between spybot and ccleaner I can clean out all spyware, registry, and temp files/cookies/etc and get a computer running faster.

Paying for a program, or downloading a separate program to do it all is a waste.  Spybot I use normally, and ccleaner I use once in a while.  On other people's computers I use ccleaner because it's a quick way to clean it up, plus can clean up free space by rewriting blankness over it.
symon

It was something for free...

As for norton i wouldn't touch it if it were for free and the last thing on the market.
panther_dust

well everyone is to ther own opinion.. but if you have a virus you have to trap.. each time you turn on the pc it can spread.. this is y i use nortons... i have it installed on my external hard drive along with a fully licnced XP with universal drivers... this means when repairing peoples pc's i can remove virus and fix there problems without them spreading any further...
symon

panther_dust wrote:
well everyone is to ther own opinion.. but if you have a virus you have to trap.. each time you turn on the pc it can spread.. this is y i use nortons... i have it installed on my external hard drive along with a fully licnced XP with universal drivers... this means when repairing peoples pc's i can remove virus and fix there problems without them spreading any further...

I know all about viruses and the way they work , one of my past times is cleaning peoples pcs up,,, but again i refuse to ever use norton, i tried it for a year it slowed down the pc, it gave false readings and did not catch all...   on most independent tests norton does not fair well at all.
panther_dust

most nortons do but since 2007 they bucked up there ideas with 360 and 2008 so far no problems and it keeps pc running fast
Zudane

Norton is highly advertised, but not the top ranked.  I think they need to throw more funding from advertising to virus removal.
panther_dust

this is true... there is a new antivirus out kaspersky or something... suposedly v good.. will wait till i have the money to find out...
Zudane

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html <-- norton makes #13. on the list.

Avast made #17, but I like it, then again I don't expose myself to viruses...
symon

I see that avg which yo can get for free i still ranking higher than most of the big names.
Bravo

Zudane wrote:
Avast made #17, but I like it, then again I don't expose myself to viruses...

Same here, though I do find it significantly slows down fps games, but the same can be said of avg too.
Zudane

I've found that avg free SIGNIFICANTLY slows down the computer, and even worse the longer it runs.  I've thrown avast on the computers and gotten better protection (caught something that avg missed on one computer) and the performance is better, especially since you can control which processes it runs.

AVG might be safer, but that's probably full version only, not free version.
WarcraftDiscussions

Yeh, I use the free version, but I can game fine and my copmuter isn't running any slower/faster.
panther_dust

and kaspersky comes second... maybe i will switch but does anyone no what effect it has on speed?
Zudane

I don't need the protection of one that needs to be paid for so I really don't know.  Try looking at some reviews.
panther_dust

the only reviews i find are bad ones lol...
Zudane

Maybe that's a hint?
WarcraftDiscussions

Only maybe
CodyT07

Avast I had trouble conflicting with ZoneAlarm Firewall. I tried switching the firewall to Comodo and it ended up wiping my Sys32 Folder thinking it had a virus or some weird crap.  
Avg I don't use but they use it at school, and it takes about 5 minutes to get from Log-on to an actual working desktop.
Avira I had on my laptop but it keep showing a ton of ads on start up. (free edition)
McAfee- False positives and lots of fun paranoia
Norton- System bogger and this (look at file name scanning)

So for me
Spybot- Good
Ccleaner- good
Adaware- didnt work
Zonelarm- good
Comodo- would never download again
Avast- False positives, don't use if your computer speakers are cranked but ok
Norton- System bogger
McAfee- Never buying again
AVG- no opinion
Avira- good but full of ads on the free version.
Zudane

I have a firewalls for hardware and software through the ISP I use so I don't need zone alarm.  I use spybot (I love it's immunization) along with avast, and then occasionally ccleaner.  I also use firefox with adblock plus.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum