Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Speed up in the works

I'm planning on putting the main forums systems onto a proxy system. Most already have been for years, but for "historical" reasons the largest system has not been.

No one should really see any difference apart from things being a bit faster, but eventually people running their own DNS records (which we cannot track) will have to change them or be cut off.

I plan for this to start going live Monday.
SRSeditor

We have our own domain and have entered your ip as an A record.  Do I need to do anything?

Thanks
myff admin

You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.

It depends what server the forum is on, and what ip you have now.
SRSeditor

Sorry forum link normally in signature...
myff admin

you are on wonko and so uneffected.
SRSeditor

myff admin wrote:
you are on wonko and so uneffected.

Thanks
Sandman

http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Please bear with me admin, I'm not familiar with the technical side of our forum.

We have a domain name that directs our members to our forum (www.mamodforums.co.uk)

Do we need to change anything before Monday?
myff admin

This change got held up unfortunately, but is now live on the support forum with it rigged to shift a couple of % of forums nightly, no one should see any effect as a result of this apart from a faster forum.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum