Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum Blogs
myff admin

Social networking question

This will show my NEWBIE status in this field.

A status I am deliberately keeping by not signing up for any services.

I don't want to be influenced by what I see if I do, I want myfreefriends to be original.

BUT

I do need to know this. Can you see your friends friends? is this optional?
symon

Yes you can on things like facebook, bebo. but not on msn or yahoo.

I don't like this option to be honest as i think you should only see who has allowed you too see.
myff admin

I confess I am in two minds on this one
symon

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
I confess I am in two minds on this one

You have 34 friends one of them looks at your friends list and sees that a few havnt added him , he now wants to know why etc etc, plus when i except a friend , i,m giving that friend sole permission to contact me see my profile etc, to have like facebook that you can see your friends friends i think is an invasion of your privacy.
myff admin

But on the other hand that is "networking"! maybe it should be an option?
symon

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
But on the other hand that is "networking"! maybe it should be an option?

Sure i,m just one voice, always good to have options, maybe i,m just too paranoid.
myff admin

I have made it optional whether your friends friends see you at all.
Nick(NR)

myspace allows the viewing of friends, friend lists, I really can't see any harm in it tbh, as used properly it can be useful to save you having to search for someone as this friend may have them added already.

I think it might be better to have it as a profile option for the user, example being yourself, you could have some very important people on your list that you don't want others to be able to see, thus you'd be able to block friends friend list viewing, but if like me couldn't give two monkeys for a bag of rocking horse s##t then it would be viewable by default.
myff admin

Well currently by default the option is off for users, when it is on the user will appear in a friends of friends list.

Not sure where clicking on a person will take you yet.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum Blogs
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum