Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Glenwing

Smilies Pack Request

Hi, I was wondering if I could have this pack of smilies uploaded for use:

Click to download file

Thanks =)
myff admin

as ever on these requests I have to ask where is the theme, and what does this set add to what we have? I see slightly different smilies here but nothing that answers those questions.
Glenwing

Just sort of a newer style... They have a cleaner look to them with the lighter color and less pixelated-ness....

www.academyofcombat.myfastforum.org

I've just finished reworking the buttons and images on my forum there and I was looking at smilies next... If you don't want to install them though that's fine though =) Is there any way to get them on to my forum alone by myself?
myff admin

Its a matter of justifying them, and you have put up a sensible argument. So I will install.

A theme name would still help though!
myff admin

Deployed as BW.
Not overly happy on this one, as there is no pak file, so people cannot install as a set.
Glenwing

Oh!  Sorry about that, I am new to this... Thank you for uploading them though!  How does one make a pak file?
myff admin

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=130437
Glenwing

Sorry about that giant delay, I have no excuse *hangs head in shame*

But I have the pak file for you
I had to convert the images into gif to put them in the pak file, it wouldn't recognize png.  Also in addition to that I made some slight name changes in a few of the smiley names.  I've attached the .zip with the updated file types/names in case you have to re-upload it.

Click to download file

Click to download file
myff admin

Deploying now.
Glenwing

Doesn't seem to have worked correctly.  I've never done this before so I probably didn't do it correctly, but is it possible that it's because the names of the smilies (and their filetypes) were changed in the pak file versus the original zip you deployed?
myff admin

The pak file on examination is all gif files. The BW smiles are pngs.

There is a little point in a pak file that does not actually correspond to a smilie set that people are already using.
We can't change the image files under their feet.
Glenwing

Yeah, the pak generator wouldn't recognize the pngs so I had to change them to make the pak.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum