Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Tartarus sauce

Simracers community forum has dissapeared

http://simracers.myfreeforum.org/

I am the primary caretaker of this forum of many years.  It has suddenly gone offline with a 500 - internal server error message when attempting to access it either through the myfreeforum link, or it's SimROnline.com domain.

At this stage I have no idea what is going on with the website or why it is offline, but it is a very active community and holds a treasure of archives dating back to 2006 of our league races and discussions.   Any help would be appreciated.
Tartarus sauce

Update: The website appears to be back up and doing fine.
Tartarus sauce

This little episode was probably just maintenance or something, but it got me thinking - what if there really had been a crash or corruption of the site, would there have been any recourse for the users of the community to salvage what was lost?  

Is there a backup of all the forums in case something were to happen, or is it my responsibility as the caretaker of the site to back it up myself in some way?   Is there an easy was to back up and store the forum?   Thank you for your time.
Bravo

There is a very extensive backup system already in place. The outage was a routine server move which was announced previously on these forums. Your forum was just moved to another server to improve speed and service etc

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum