Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Spider Boy

Share button appeared on top post on page

http://teeteeshorseracingforum.myfanforum.org

You can see from this picture this is an out of size and format Share option which appeared today. How do we get rid of this as it looks messy? It only appears at the top post of each page. Clicking on it sends you to facebook.
myff admin

It is for sharing to facebook, and the look will be improved in time.
Spider Boy

Thanks, it already looks better today although I don't think our forum has a need for it so could it be switched off? If there is no way to do that can it be before the quote button or after the email button at the bottom of the post. A twitter share button would be more useful for our forum who are very active on there, could we have that instead?
myff admin

It's all a work in progress.

We did have Twitter some time back, but then they made it very difficult.
It looks like it is possible again now.

I will probably make it possible to turn off these features.
Spider Boy

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Think if you get the location on the page sorted then we would probably leave it. Will leave it in your capable hands anyway  
teetee

A few people would prefer it removed on the forum so the capability to do so would great  Wink
Sandman

teetee wrote:
A few people would prefer it removed on the forum so the capability to do so would great  Wink

We would like a remove option as well.

http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org
redryder

Yes an option to remove would be helpful.

However, total removal would be better.
james73

myff admin wrote:
It's all a work in progress.

We did have Twitter some time back, but then they made it very difficult.
It looks like it is possible again now.

I will probably make it possible to turn off these features.

Nice one. I think a Twitter one would be better than Facebook for our forum.
ChrisB

Yep definately want an option to remove it, while facebook has its uses its not something many people want.

Facebook for some is a vile place and they want a regular style forum as sanctuary away from it.

Its made worse as the facebook share button seems available to non members/browsers to click on.

I fully understand that some would like a facebook/twitter option but please do not thrust this on us all without the option to turn it off first as I feel that is completely unfair.

Please make a clickable option for its removal as a top priority.
Sandman

ChrisB wrote:
Yep definately want an option to remove it, while facebook has its uses its not something many people want.

Facebook for some is a vile place and they want a regular style forum as sanctuary away from it.

Its made worse as the facebook share button seems available to non members/browsers to click on.

I fully understand that some would like a facebook/twitter option but please do not thrust this on us all without the option to turn it off first as I feel that is completely unfair.

Please make a clickable option for its removal as a top priority.

This is what we are experiencing from most of our members as well.
Myles

I don't like my forum being used as a sandbox.
Extra features should be done with option to add, not option to remove.
It's a strange policy to roll this out in this way.
Frankonline

I too would prefer an option not to have this button. I prefer anything I say in our PRIVATE forum stays  in our PRIVATE  forum. We have lost so many people to Facebook it would be better if the link worked in the OPPOSITE direction  Wink
myff admin

A remove button option is going to be added soon.
Myles

Thanks, much appreciated.
Frankonline

Thank you.
ChrisB

myff admin wrote:
A remove button option is going to be added soon.

Any further news on the remove button option please ?
Nick(NR)

if the option isn't there still, I gift you my css magicness

Code:
.fb-share-button {position: absolute; left: -10000px;}

plop that into your css, all it does is let the div element holding the button float around the page and I've told it to fly off the left edge by 10k pixels, no scroll too so enjoy
myff admin

Nice one Nick, there will be an option its just a matter of where it goes and whether it is just on/off and how it fits in with other social media buttons that may appear.
I simply don't want to put something in that then needs incompatible changing.
myff admin

The OPTIONS portal now has an option to disable the facebook share button, and a new macro:

FB_SHARE is available.

If you disable the button, you can still use this macro in the viewtopic_body.tpl template to place the button where you want.
Myles

Thanks.
ChrisB

Thanks folks.

Sorry it may not have got the re-action you wanted when you had the idea but its good that there is the option to take it out now if folks done like it

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum