Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
myff admin

Severe internet explorer warning

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm

Time to ditch IE!
Daniel(u1bd2005)

Re: Severe internet explorer warning

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm

Time to ditch IE!

Ditched it long ago  

using firefox 3.5.7 atm...
Zudane

*pets his firefox*

I do use IE once in a while - but only to make sure anything I'm working on looks okay from logged out or with IE.  Beyond that it just collects dust.
Bravo

I use IE to moderate a user on here, doesn't work in Safari.  You press the button and it goes back to as though you have just started.  So, when I come on and see a spam post, I have to swap about between the browsers lol.
myff admin

Bravo wrote:
I use IE to moderate a user on here, doesn't work in Safari.  You press the button and it goes back to as though you have just started.  So, when I come on and see a spam post, I have to swap about between the browsers lol.

Is there a Javascript error logging system? What does it say?
Bravo

I just did an experiment on Daniel (sorry mate).

I unchecked everything to make it all red.  It all went red, I clicked 'submit', it refreshed and made all green again and all ticked again, no error messages, just back to the original good as new.
Bravo

Safari 4.0.4 btw
Daniel(u1bd2005)

Bravo wrote:

I unchecked everything to make it all red.  It all went red, I clicked 'submit', it refreshed and made all green again and all ticked again, no error messages, just back to the original good as new.

Haha cool, I'm a guinea pig lol  
no probs anyways m8 :p
myff admin

Bravo wrote:

Javascript errors will not show on screen, they will generally show in an error console somewhere.

In this case it sounds like the form is submitting, but failed to contain the Daniel zapping information that should be passed  
myff admin

Whilst that supposition does narrow down what code might be the issue, it does not actually make it leap out from the page

Javascript is full of little caveats in the implementation in different browsers though, so it almost certainly is a trivial error to fix, if we have the information.
Bravo

It's ok, I think I'm the only mod using Safari, and it's not too big a deal to go to IE whenever I need to zap a spammer
myff admin

Bravo wrote:
It's ok, I think I'm the only mod using Safari, and it's not too big a deal to go to IE whenever I need to zap a spammer

But others may be using the modactions template! So if we can spot the bug then it would be good.
Bravo

Ok I'll see if I can find where Safari puts the error stuff...
myff admin

Thanks
Bravo

Ok I did the submit, then selected 'show error console' and this is the result:

Spoiler:

Code:
if(typeof org=="undefined"){var org=new Object();}if(typeof org.openx=="undefined"){org.openx=new Object();}if(typeof org.openx.util=="undefined"){org.openx.util=new Object();}if(typeof org.openx.SWFObjectUtil=="undefined"){org.openx.SWFObjectUtil=new Object();}org.openx.SWFObject=function(_1,id,w,h,_5,c,_7,_8,_9,_a){if(!document.getElementById){return;}this.DETECT_KEY=_a?_a:"detectflash";this.skipDetect=org.openx.util.getRequestParameter(this.DETECT_KEY);this.params=new Object();this.variables=new Object();this.attributes=new Array();if(_1){this.setAttribute("swf",_1);}if(id){this.setAttribute("id",id);}if(w){this.setAttribute("width",w);}if(h){this.setAttribute("height",h);}if(_5){this.setAttribute("version",new org.openx.PlayerVersion(_5.toString().split(".")));}this.installedVer=org.openx.SWFObjectUtil.getPlayerVersion();if(!window.opera&&document.all&&this.installedVer.major>7){org.openx.SWFObject.doPrepUnload=true;}if(c){this.addParam("bgcolor",c);}var q=_7?_7:"high";this.addParam("quality",q);this.setAttribute("useExpressInstall",false);this.setAttribute("doExpressInstall",false);var _c=(_8)?_8:window.location;this.setAttribute("xiRedirectUrl",_c);this.setAttribute("redirectUrl","");if(_9){this.setAttribute("redirectUrl",_9);}};org.openx.SWFObject.prototype={useExpressInstall:function(_d){this.xiSWFPath=!_d?"expressinstall.swf":_d;this.setAttribute("useExpressInstall",true);},setAttribute:function(_e,_f){this.attributes[_e]=_f;},getAttribute:function(_10){return this.attributes[_10];},addParam:function(_11,_12){this.params[_11]=_12;},getParams:function(){return this.params;},addVariable:function(_13,_14){this.variables[_13]=_14;},getVariable:function(_15){return this.variables[_15];},getVariables:function(){return this.variables;},getVariablePairs:function(){var _16=new Array();var key;var _18=this.getVariables();for(key in _18){_16[_16.length]=key+"="+_18[key];}return _16;},getSWFHTML:function(){var _19="";if(navigator.plugins&&navigator.mimeTypes&&navigator.mimeTypes.length){if(this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")){this.addVariable("MMplayerType","PlugIn");this.setAttribute("swf",this.xiSWFPath);}_19="<embed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" src=\""+this.getAttribute("swf")+"\" width=\""+this.getAttribute("width")+"\" height=\""+this.getAttribute("height")+"\" style=\""+this.getAttribute("style")+"\"";_19+=" id=\""+this.getAttribute("id")+"\" name=\""+this.getAttribute("id")+"\" ";var _1a=this.getParams();for(var key in _1a){_19+=[key]+"=\""+_1a[key]+"\" ";}var _1c=this.getVariablePairs().join("&");if(_1c.length>0){_19+="flashvars=\""+_1c+"\"";}_19+="/>";}else{if(this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")){this.addVariable("MMplayerType","ActiveX");this.setAttribute("swf",this.xiSWFPath);}_19="<object id=\""+this.getAttribute("id")+"\" classid=\"clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000\" width=\""+this.getAttribute("width")+"\" height=\""+this.getAttribute("height")+"\" style=\""+this.getAttribute("style")+"\">";_19+="<param name=\"movie\" value=\""+this.getAttribute("swf")+"\" />";var _1d=this.getParams();for(var key in _1d){_19+="<param name=\""+key+"\" value=\""+_1d[key]+"\" />";}var _1f=this.getVariablePairs().join("&");if(_1f.length>0){_19+="<param name=\"flashvars\" value=\""+_1f+"\" />";}_19+="</object>";}return _19;},write:function(_20){if(this.getAttribute("useExpressInstall")){var _21=new org.openx.PlayerVersion([6,0,65]);if(this.installedVer.versionIsValid(_21)&&!this.installedVer.versionIsValid(this.getAttribute("version"))){this.setAttribute("doExpressInstall",true);this.addVariable("MMredirectURL",escape(this.getAttribute("xiRedirectUrl")));document.title=document.title.slice(0,47)+" - Flash Player Installation";this.addVariable("MMdoctitle",document.title);}}if(this.skipDetect||this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")||this.installedVer.versionIsValid(this.getAttribute("version"))){var n=(typeof _20=="string")?document.getElementById(_20):_20;n.innerHTML=this.getSWFHTML();return true;}else{if(this.getAttribute("redirectUrl")!=""){document.location.replace(this.getAttribute("redirectUrl"));}}return false;}};org.openx.SWFObjectUtil.getPlayerVersion=function(){var _23=new org.openx.PlayerVersion([0,0,0]);if(navigator.plugins&&navigator.mimeTypes.length){var x=navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"];if(x&&x.description){_23=new org.openx.PlayerVersion(x.description.replace(/([a-zA-Z]|\s)+/,"").replace(/(\s+r|\s+b[0-9]+)/,".").split("."));}}else{if(navigator.userAgent&&navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows CE")>=0){var axo=1;var _26=3;while(axo){try{_26++;axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash."+_26);_23=new org.openx.PlayerVersion([_26,0,0]);}catch(e){axo=null;}}}else{try{var axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.7");}catch(e){try{var axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6");_23=new org.openx.PlayerVersion([6,0,21]);axo.AllowScriptAccess="always";}catch(e){if(_23.major==6){return _23;}}try{axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash");}catch(e){}}if(axo!=null){_23=new org.openx.PlayerVersion(axo.GetVariable("$version").split(" ")[1].split(","));}}}return _23;};org.openx.PlayerVersion=function(_29){this.major=_29[0]!=null?parseInt(_29[0]):0;this.minor=_29[1]!=null?parseInt(_29[1]):0;this.rev=_29[2]!=null?parseInt(_29[2]):0;};org.openx.PlayerVersion.prototype.versionIsValid=function(fv){if(this.major<fv.major){return false;}if(this.major>fv.major){return true;}if(this.minor<fv.minor){return false;}if(this.minor>fv.minor){return true;}if(this.rev<fv.rev){return false;}return true;};org.openx.util={getRequestParameter:function(_2b){var q=document.location.search||document.location.hash;if(_2b==null){return q;}if(q){var _2d=q.substring(1).split("&");for(var i=0;i<_2d.length;i++){if(_2d[i].substring(0,_2d[i].indexOf("="))==_2b){return _2d[i].substring((_2d[i].indexOf("=")+1));}}}return "";}};org.openx.SWFObjectUtil.cleanupSWFs=function(){var _2f=document.getElementsByTagName("OBJECT");for(var i=_2f.length-1;i>=0;i--){_2f[i].style.display="none";for(var x in _2f[i]){if(typeof _2f[i][x]=="function"){_2f[i][x]=function(){};}}}};if(org.openx.SWFObject.doPrepUnload){if(!org.openx.unloadSet){org.openx.SWFObjectUtil.prepUnload=function(){__flash_unloadHandler=function(){};__flash_savedUnloadHandler=function(){};window.attachEvent("onunload",org.openx.SWFObjectUtil.cleanupSWFs);};window.attachEvent("onbeforeunload",org.openx.SWFObjectUtil.prepUnload);org.openx.unloadSet=true;}}if(!document.getElementById&&document.all){document.getElementById=function(id){return document.all[id];};}var getQueryParamValue=org.openx.util.getRequestParameter;var FlashObject=org.openx.SWFObject;var SWFObject=org.openx.SWFObject;document.mmm_fo=1;

myff admin

Generally error consoles are logging stuff from all pages, and need to be cleared so you just see the page concerned.

That lot looks like nothing to do with our page at all.
Bravo

If that is not what's needed, these are my options:

Bravo

Ok, I tried 'start profiling javascript'.

Then I did the action, then chose start debugging javascript, and this is what it gave me:

Spoiler:

Code:

if (typeof(OA_zones) != 'undefined') {
var OA_zoneids = '';
for (var zonename in OA_zones) OA_zoneids += escape(zonename+'=' + OA_zones[zonename] + "|");
OA_zoneids += '&amp;nz=1';
} else {
var OA_zoneids = escape('1|2|3|5|7|8');
}
if (typeof(OA_source) == 'undefined') { OA_source = ''; }
var OA_p=location.protocol=='https:'?'https://adserver.myff.org/openx/www/delivery/spc.php':'http://adserver.myff.org/openx/www/delivery/spc.php';
var OA_r=Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999);
OA_output = new Array();
var OA_spc="<"+"script type='text/javascript' ";
OA_spc+="src='"+OA_p+"?zones="+OA_zoneids;
OA_spc+="&amp;source="+escape(OA_source)+"&amp;r="+OA_r;
OA_spc+=(document.charset ? '&amp;charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? '&amp;charset='+document.characterSet : ''));

if (window.location) OA_spc+="&amp;loc="+escape(window.location);
if (document.referrer) OA_spc+="&amp;referer="+escape(document.referrer);
OA_spc+="'><"+"/script>";
document.write(OA_spc);
function OA_show(name) {
if (typeof(OA_output[name]) == 'undefined') {
return;
} else {
document.write(OA_output[name]);
}
}
function OA_showpop(name) {
zones = window.OA_zones ? window.OA_zones : false;
var zoneid = name;
if (typeof(window.OA_zones) != 'undefined') {
if (typeof(zones[name]) == 'undefined') {
return;
}
zoneid = zones[name];
}
var OA_pop="<"+"script type='text/javascript' ";
OA_pop+="src='"+OA_p+"?zoneid="+zoneid;
OA_pop+="&amp;source="+escape(OA_source)+"&amp;r="+OA_r;
if (window.location) OA_pop+="&amp;loc="+escape(window.location);
if (document.referrer) OA_pop+="&amp;referer="+escape(document.referrer);
OA_pop+="'><"+"/script>";
document.write(OA_pop);
}
var OA_fo = '';
OA_fo += "<"+"script type=\'text/javascript\' src=\'http://adserver.myff.org/openx/www/delivery/fl.js\'><"+"/script>\n";
document.write(OA_fo);

myff admin

The error console or start debugging sound likely.

I'm afraid the page you just gave is both not errors, and not the page anyway

Don't spend too much time on this.
myff admin

http://blog.deconcept.com/2005/07/28/safaris-hidden-debug-menu/

may help.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum