Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Servers rebooted

Hotblack and Jeltz have been rebooted with more memory and cpu allocated.

Sorry for the extended outage on Hotblack forums.
Bravo

Since this outage, I have had my browser (Safari) lock up when visiting the pages that were affected by the outage.  I mean totally lock up, can't do anything, have to remove it via task manager.  It has happened at least 50 times, and only on the MFF forums.

This is 4th time just this morning I have come here to finally report it, and have now decided to report it in IE because it is crashing so much today.  Other than that it's been on and off, maybe one time in every 10 pages visited, or around there.  So, not sure if it is linked to traffic or whatever.

I haven't reported it before because I wasn't sure if it was just coincidence, but now it has to be an issue MFF side as the sheer volume of pages I visit and it has only been MFF that has caused this crash, so logic dictates...

I don't know what precipitates it and have so far been unable to replicate anything definite to cause it.

My general routine though is to go to main page, then click view latest posts and use the central mouse button on any new posts so they appear in a new tab.  I vary between clicking the entire post, or the take me to my most recently viewed post button.
myff admin

Is there any particular page?

This really cannot be strictly a myff issue as basically even a rogue server should not seize up a browser. I would suspect a browser issue, perhaps an advert that is causing a problem with Safari.

Usual tricks like clearing caches, cookies etc may help.
Bravo

myff admin wrote:
Is there any particular page?

No, it appears to be random.  It locked again as I went to view this topic, I scrolled a little down the page, could see my post but go no further.

myff admin wrote:
This really cannot be strictly a myff issue as basically even a rogue server should not seize up a browser. I would suspect a browser issue, perhaps an advert that is causing a problem with Safari.

Never thought of an advert, will make a note of what advert is running if it happens again after I try the

myff admin wrote:
clearing caches, cookies etc may help.

Will try that
Bravo

Just done around 40 page views since clearing.

2 lock ups, both cases laterooms.com was the ad
Though there were a further 5 instances of the same ad that didn't lock up.
myff admin

I'll report this to the advertising guys.
myff admin

Do you know what agencies the advert is on. e.g. not the final url but what it clicks through to get there.

Without that it is going to be hard for the guys to take any action, even if that action is just to report the issue up the chain.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum