Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Gosu71

search engines, linking and keywords

i got my forum ranked 3rd on google for the search 'TFT clans'. there are thousands of clans on the net and hundreds of pages in the search.

i obviously joined all the search engines i could. i then searched everything related to warcraft TFT and signed up where possible. i also posted (with forum links in my posts) on the most popular warcraft TFT forums and web sites. then i looked into the most popular sites of my genre and linked/advertised/posted there. i also joined 'warcraft top 200 sites', clan yellow pages and a whole host of stuff. i also had links in my forum to the most popular clan sites on the net.

the past week things have started to bear fruit and complete strangers have been posting on my forum to join us (all down to google searches by them). ive even had an american wanting to join us (bearing in mind our clan is on a european server)

i just thought id share with you what id found out to make your site get to the top of the google searches and recognised on the net.

unfortunatly our clan has now split as of this morning due to inactivity online. a great shame as we have been together for over 2 years through thick and thin. only a few months ago we had a proper clan-tite.co.uk site but it got took down as our leader left. so thats when i decided to make forums for the rest of us to use and found this place

id like to thank everyone who helped me along the way as id never made a forum before (you know who you are) and ive learned a great deal from here.
sgts

So is it close down on the forum? Shame if it is! I don't understand Clans so don't know th eimplications of a split etc
myff admin

I agree it is a real shame, when it is such a text book example of how to promote a forum with search engines.
Gosu71

it is a shame.

when a clan splits they all go off in search of other clans. hence the clan tite forum wont be used as everyone will be posting on their 'new' clan forums. such is the way of clan life.

crikey, i sacrificed time with my new wife and baby son to make the forum but is just wasnt to be.

Sgts, that niche 'ska' forum i was on about might bear some fruit soon
sgts

Indeed, it is only 'One step beyond', would be Madness not to, the old forum left like a Ghostown with Green Onions growing everywhere!
SweetSour

I don't really know anything about clans, but I just wanted to say that it's a real shame that your forum's come to an end, St0rm[TitE], especially after you've obviously put so much hard work into it.

Thanks for the tips on search engines anyway - hopefully it will also be useful experience for you if you decide to set up another forum.
symon

Quote:
but I just wanted to say that it's a real shame that your forum's come to an end, St0rm[TitE], especially after you've obviously put so much hard work into it.

I,d agree with that thats why when my friend and i started funnyworld we want a forum that could grow with no problems members or no members,, it was a risk as most people see or think them to be a place to sit and chat, whereas our aim was to proved a place people could just come to read and watch and play and leave smiling,, at the moment the risk has paid off. (Although he has left it to me now as he got bored with the amount of work that was involved)

The amount of work one puts into A website does show and it is a shame when an admin seems to have worked hard on it just for it to fall by the wayside..
Gosu71

ive had my forum re-named and now instead of being focused on 1 clan, the forum will be open to any warcraft player regardless of what clan they are in.

now for the task of spreading the new name around the net
Don Salieri

St0rm[TitE] wrote:
ive had my forum re-named and now instead of being focused on 1 clan, the forum will be open to any warcraft player regardless of what clan they are in.

now for the task of spreading the new name around the net

you want members who enjoy Warcraft.....i'm very good at shamelessly plugging sites, my Forumula One forum just hit 51 members because of it
http://maidensalierislair.myfreeforum.org
i hate the thought of a forum going under so here's what i'll do, i'll start a thread at a forum i regulary visit,(because f1 is still in the off season,anything goes) and i'll drum up some intrest by basically asking about it and that kind of thing, then i'll drop the hint by saying i know of an excellent place and point fans of the genre your way.................aint i nice? the site in question is Planet-f1,and because it's a proper forum any mention of other forums will show up in google searches and what have you......i'll keep you posted on my success
Gosu71

thanks
Don Salieri

it is done, i created a thread simply called OT: Warcraft it has several replies to it, so i'll just plug away,i am shameless and proud lol, i have also posted the link to your establishment, hopefully people will bite and pay you a visit

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum