Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
myff admin

Rogue Admin - Forum restoration

If you have been hit by a rogue admin, then a forum can be restored from the previous 7 days of backups.

Since our backup systems are geared to protect the system, this is time consuming and we do therefore charge a nominal $15 for the service.

This can only be paid via paypal to paypal[at]myfreeforum.org or the site shop using the donation system:

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/viewportal.php?component=shop

We recommend you avoid ever having to use this service!

Use strong passwords and never give admin access to people you do not know well and trust.

Time and time again the forums with problems are those where:

1) The admin has given admin access away to someone they barely know on a promise the the rogue adding something to the forum.
2) The password is feeble, "123456" or "password" and the like are just an invitation to vandals.

3) Admin access has been given to a "friend" and a teenage squabble has occurred.
scottishbikers

www.scottishbikers.myfreeforum.org

If now just IF i thought a fellow admin had given admin status to another account,so he could access the admin panel if i took away his status,how would i find out without going through all 700 odd users?

Im just very suspicious..And thought that that could be possible.
myff admin

Good Question:

Admin/users/Search look towards the bottom, there is an admin search.
scottishbikers

Excellent Info as usual

Thanks a lot,suspicions unfounded but good to check
melissa845

Need forum backed up to a few days ago

I see that you can have, for a fee, the forum backed up a few days.  Some how, the logs don't appear to show how, a whole section got pruned to 0.  Actually, we'd love to know what we did to cause this so that it won't happen again.  Anyway, it looks like we can pay the fee and PM someone to get the back up done.  But I am unclear who I am supposed to PM for this.

http://enrichri.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Zudane

PM the admin here, or email admin(at)myfreeforum.org with the data.
myff admin

The obvious question is is the forum set to be "pruned" in the admin panel.

The restoration fee is $15 to paypal[at]myfreeforum.org and we need to be given the control panel password to authorise a restore.
myff admin

Note a restore is "complete" it will wipe any new posts/members since the restore date.
melissa845

myff admin wrote:
Note a restore is "complete" it will wipe any new posts/members since the restore date.

Thanks for the reminder  Yes, we are willing to lose a few day's worth of posts in order to get back all the months of lost posts.

Melissa R
melissa845

I am trying to get this back up done but I cannot PM the admin as the post says to do.  Also, I cannot find where to paypal the $$ to as none of the options are the correct amount according to the first post in this topic.  

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/about14018.html

I am willing to pay the $15 to get our "pruned" posts back, if only someone would explain who I should be talking to about this.

Thanks, and here is our forum link:

http://enrichri.myfreeforum.org/index.php
myff admin

From within paypal itself you can send money to an email address e.g. paypal[at]myfreeforum.org

You will also need to email the forums control panel password.
melissa845

myff admin wrote:
From within paypal itself you can send money to an email address e.g. paypal[at]myfreeforum.org

You will also need to email the forums control panel password.

I saw that I need to email the forums control panel password.  But to who?  It said to PM someone but when I click on the PM it says I cannot because I haven't been a member long enough or I don't have enough posts... something like that.
editor

You can email, you have done so before.
melissa845

editor wrote:
You can email, you have done so before.

Wonderful, I will do that, thanks!
myff admin

myff admin wrote:

The money came through, but no password but a repeat of the previously answered request for a partial restore. Partial restores are not possible and a password is needed before we restore a forum.
Zudane

Restores are all or nothing, and you MUST give the password for the restore, otherwise people could do a restore back a few days on someone else's forum just to remove posts they don't like.
editor

We are still waiting for the owner (not admin) control panel password.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum