Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Smeemi

rogue admin deleted all of my users... i need a restore!

Hi,

I added a forum admin (which i thought i could trust) to my forum and he has mass deleted all the users and most of the posts..

Is it possible i could like bring back the users?

There was quite a bit!

The Forum Site is : www.microsoftxbox360.myfreeforum.org

Thanks

- Smeemi

P.S. i am the site owner
myff admin

We charge $10 for a restore payable via paypal [at] myfreeforum.org
Sapp

That's messed up what he did to your forum.
How long did you know the person?It seems like someone that you barely know would do that kind of thing.That's why I hardly trust anyone to be an admin on most of my sites,there's some good people I could trust,but
ya never know. And be glad you can get your members restored atleast. Admin's price is very fair.
myff admin

Since it is a manual process, the price really should be $30!
symon

<-----------READ MY PIC

It wasnt there for show
Sapp

Symon wrote:
<-----------READ MY PIC

It wasnt there for show

Very,very true.But who knows?Smeemi may've known this person long enough to think he could trust making this person an admin.
symon

Sapphorous wrote:
Symon wrote:
<-----------READ MY PIC

It wasnt there for show

Very,very true.But who knows?Smeemi may've known this person long enough to think he could trust making this person an admin.

This support forum

Our users have posted a total of 43100 articles
We have 2118 registered users

Ever wondered why there is only one Admin, and with the amount of work Admin has to do on and off the forum, yet it still ticks along nicely.

So the question is was that forum so big and busy that it required two admin
Sapp

Symon wrote:
Sapphorous wrote:
Symon wrote:
<-----------READ MY PIC

It wasnt there for show

This support forum

Our users have posted a total of 43100 articles
We have 2118 registered users

Ever wondered why there is only one Admin, and with the amount of work Admin has to do on and off the forum, yet it still ticks along nicely.

So the question is was that forum so big and busy that it required two admin

Well I always wondered why there was only one admin here.
But yeah,I don't think the X-Box forum was nearly as big as this forum(no offense ment towards Smeemi).So there might not've been a need for more that one admin.
myff admin

As a matter of fact I'd be happy having any of the mods here as admins. I also run a forum with tons of admins. There are no hard and fast rules about these things.

But I'd never ever stick anyone in as admin anywhere, if I did not think that I knew that person well enough, and that they were also well known and respected elsewhere. e.g. they have a reputation to lose.

It reminds me of an embarrassing incident with me this week. A couple of personal cheques I gave people over Christmas got returned I got to the bottom of it, ages back I got a lost cheque book stopped, and it would appear it mysteriously resurfaced and I wrote the cheques on it
In neither case did the people with the duff cheques come across as concerned in the slightest, (actually I got some concern that I might have stopped one cheque out of dissatisfaction with the goods) the point is that my name is associated with a lot of websites etc and it would be totally crazy for me to be passing duff cheques.

Too many people on these forums make admins of people that they don't know and who have no good name to worry about protecting.
Smeemi

hi thanks for your help, i havent got Paypal any other way? Thanks
myff admin

Not really
Smeemi

could u do it for free? please. thanks - Smeemi
Sapp

That's bad,sorry about your problem there.
How does someone get Paypal?
Sapp

Smeemi wrote:
could u do it for free? please. thanks - Smeemi

Admin said it should really be $30 and not $10.But hopefully something could be figured out.
Smeemi

Thanks
myff admin

Rogue admins trash a few forums each week, if we restored for free then I'd be spending half a day each week fixing trashed forums.
Time can be spent in far more productive ways.
Sapp

Sorry to hear that.
Well these "rogue" admins will get what's coming to them one way or the other.How big WAS your forum before the incident?
Smeemi

It wasnt how big it was its just i loved the forum, now its ruined
myff admin

If your users loved it to, they will be back!
Sapp

admin wrote:
If your users loved it to, they will be back!

Yeah,I agree!
Hey is that rogue admin still an admin on your site btw?
Ganon

Smeemi wrote:
It wasnt how big it was its just i loved the forum, now its ruined

Just give it time, all your active users will sign back up again. Just make it easy for them to sign up. And put up a banner explaining the incident.
Nick(NR)

Symon wrote:

It's because were soooo damn awesome isn't it?

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum