Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
bazfalty

restrictions for google cache

http://www.onlyoldskool.mtfastforum.org

searched cache, google,

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

I have sections on my forum that are restricted to certain groups of members. But its just been pointed out that people can search google cache for them and they show up so they can see the pages without even having to be members of the site.  Is there anyway around this where i can restrict what google cache shows up
myff admin

It is very unlikely that stuff will be cached by google unless it is in areas where you have changed the permissions.

though you might want to check what permissions are being given to searchbots? phpbb3 will allow you to shoot yourself in the foot like that, as searchbots do have seperate permissions.
bazfalty

yeah they have access as a member has shown me links to a google cache page that should be in a restriced area.

just looked at there permissions and it says bot access to each of the seperate forums
bazfalty

what should i change the bot acces to on these forums please.
myff admin

Given the complex nature of phpbb3 permissions it is very hard if not impossible to give a straightforward answer to changing permissions, as it is not like phpbb2 where if access is being allowed somewhere there are only a couple of possibilities as to how that access is being granted.
bazfalty

ok i will see what i can change
bazfalty

all those forums have standard bot access.  if i change them so the bots can not read those forums will those pages still be kept in google cache
myff admin

That does sound like the problem, you are letting the bots in and hence they can cache results.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum