Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
lil eva

Restore request please

On Friday afternoon,about 3-30pm,i went into templates and logo's to add something to the header.Goodness knows what i have done,but i have lost half of the forumi.e the home page and various add on bits.
Would it be possible please to restore the forum,i have learned my lesson and will definately not be touching anything i don't understand again
I would be very greatful for your help.
Also i wasnt sure how much 10 dollars was in gbp,if i need to pay more please advise.
Thank you.

Transaction ID: 8WS525073P3240033
Item Price: 5.00 GBP
Total: 5.00 GBP
Order Description: myfreeforum.org
myff admin

I will need to know the myfreeforum link.

As this is case of templates and not the forum itself the backup situation is different though, whilst the backups are done daily for disaster recovery across the whole system, restoring individual forums templates can only be done to the weekly backup point and that is Mid weekend, e.g. if your issue happened last Friday, we have to go to a back that is now 10 days old.

Is that what you want?, if we do this your forums posts won't be effected, but the templates would be set to 10 days back.
lil eva

Yes please,that would be great

http://theukforum.myfreeforum.org/
myff admin

This is being done, it may take an hour or two.
lil eva

Thank you very much
myff admin

restore completed.
Bravo

Fantastic, forum is just as it was  

I think lil eva has learned a lesson about not messing with the live template    Wink
symon

Bravo wrote:
Fantastic, forum is just as it was  

I think lil eva has learned a lesson about not messing with the live template    Wink

I smell a video guide on the 4 template slots and dos and donts ???
lil eva

Yes i have learned a big lesson
Thank you for your help
Bravo

Symon wrote:
I smell a video guide on the 4 template slots and dos and donts ???

I have been thinking of doing a portal one, could mention a few good working practices along the way I think.

Thus far I'd avoided a portal one because you really need to see the text and the YouTube vids don't allow enough quality, but now I found Veoh I guess it is a possibility, especially if I make the recording window smaller (thus everything goes bigger).

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum