Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Report problem adverts here

From now on any advert issues should be reported in this thread.

We believe the current reports "sky" and "Jeep" are now fixed.

As we use multiple chained advert sources, some annoying adverts are bound to creep in and we will do our best to deal with them when they are reported. Remember adverts are targeted on Countries/Users/forums, so just because you see it, does not mean we do!

The best way to report a rogue advert is if you use Firefox with the web developer addin and then show us the "generated source" of the page posted using "File Attach". That will give the explicit smoking gun on what advertising service is responsible for the advert.

We are aware most people cannot do that, so screenshots, forum links, Country are also ways of reporting adverts, really anything that helps us narrow down where they are coming from so we can get it stopped.

Thank you for your cooperation, we are on your side here, it does us no good at all to have poor advertising.
bazfalty

Thanks for your help
Nick(NR)

Gala bingo advert vertical, when viewed as a guest, not seen it logged in

Click to see full size image
myff admin

Has been reported and the ad guys will be on to it today.
K

I dont know if this counts, but I have found it very annoying as it come up very often for me and it takes over the entire page. Usually the ad is at top, but this time the actual bar was on the bottom so thats a different ad in the background. If this isnt enough, ill try to catch it again.

Click to see full size image
myff admin

Unacceptable. Will talk to the guys.
myff admin

Quote:

Hi Martin

Really sorry!  These ads are blimin annoying.  We're on it, but it's going to be tricky to work out who is serving these ads without the source code.

Will let you know the progress.

Dave

As expected, if the guys don't know they will have to work miracles to figure it out unless there is the kind of trail I ask for in the first post of this thread
Bravo

Perhaps instructions for how to get the required information for all the main browsers would help?  All the 'old hands' on MFF would be willing to some degree to go the extra mile to help out, but then to have to download, install and then find extras for a brand new browser to do so is probably asking too much.

Most normal users will simply click in, click out thinking these ads are the norm on MFF.  I know I would have done when I first came here, as I was looking at a lot of different forum hosts initially, and I think that is how most people work.
myff admin

I don't know that there is a sane set of instructions for internet explorer users though. My experience of developer tools on IE in the past has lead me to not want to impose them on anyone else.
myff admin

The "guys" have killed a USA campaign they believe to be responsible.
K

myff admin wrote:
As expected, if the guys don't know they will have to work miracles to figure it out unless there is the kind of trail I ask for in the first post of this thread

Sorry, I use both IE and Firefox, but only ever encountered it on IE, and I couldnt tell you what countries it was affecting because no one else reported it to me.
K

Looks like Duracell followed Energizer's example...

Spoiler:

Again, sorry, I dont know who its affecting besides the USA because I am the only one who found this yet, and this is the first time I've seen it.
myff admin

Quote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for this. I've paused the offending advertiser's campaign and have emailed them... it's the same guys as before.

Please pass on my apologies and thanks for the heads up to K.

Mark
K

Oh! No thanks needed! They bother me just as much as they would anyone else. The thanks goes to whoever gets rid of them lol.

Question is, why would energizer and duracell pull that kind of stuff? Do they really need that much advertisment?
Zudane

Isn't always the companies that agree to it, but simply a company representing them.  Just like the ones that feed ads through the MFF ad-server they are not all good.
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

Hello,

Just to report an advert...

Advert was for bestbuy (advertising computers) and directed to

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Elect...54200050035&ref=15&loc=88

I am in the U.S. and was using IE at the time.

The advert created a pop up on the screen and while scrolling it followed you. Also if you passed over the advert bar it expanded. So just after seconds of visiting my forum I had two big bright blue and yellow bestbuy ad's blocking my view.

Always Glad to help
myff admin

Thanks for the report.

Quote:

Hi Martin,

Sorry I meant to reply to this earlier - I should have resolved the issue. A new US advertiser went live earlier today so I'm 99% sure it's from them. I'll give them a call later today and sort them out!

Thanks,
Mark
Ask Mr. Religion

Advertisements appearing on our pages

http://rti.myfineforum.org/index.php

Advertising is appearing on our pages. Did we forget to pay the annual ad-free subscription?

AMR
myff admin

The subscription ran out today.

I have no record of a renewal being paid. Since these are always paid via paypal, if someone has paid then there should be a paypal id that we can double check. My apologies if this is me.
Presbyterian Deacon

myff admin wrote:
The subscription ran out today.

I have no record of a renewal being paid. Since these are always paid via paypal, if someone has paid then there should be a paypal id that we can double check. My apologies if this is me.

No sir. It is not you. I am waiting for funds I have transferred from my checking account into PayPal to clear. Expect payment in about 3-5 days. Thank you.

Ask Mr. Religion wrote:

Advertising is appearing on our pages. Did we forget to pay the annual ad-free subscription?

AMR
VickiMc

Hi there
I've got ads appearing within peoples posts.  Just yesterday and today.  Most are US charity (Heart and Stroke) etc.  Can you help?
myff admin

An advert above the last sig line is normal.
VickiMc

myff admin wrote:
An advert above the last sig line is normal.

Thank you
We only started up a week ago, I guess they have just taken a week to get going.
Presbyterian Deacon

Re: Advertisements appearing on our pages

Ask Mr. Religion wrote:

AMR

Payment submitted:

Please double check that you specified your forum link so that we can process your order.

Paypal Transaction Reference:9TG675135J790760E
Id            Name    quantity    Net    Tax    Gross    shipping
MYFFADV12    Advert Free forum for 12 months    1    31.06            
Total        31.06    5.44    36.50    0.00
K

rmc.myfunforum.org

This is more of a problem with adverts than a problem advert. For the past few days, from what I can tell, all the ads on our forum have been white or not there. Just thought id let you know incase there is an issue. I am unsure if others see the same thing or not.
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

As the above poster posted, adverts have not worked for the past week. It's just been white empty space wherever ad's would be.

However today there are ad's and I have a problem one.

Advertises "Connect to facebook Now and spin the wheel to win" Directs to...

http://www.consolelegends.com/fb/spin/splash2.html

I'm in the U.S. and was Using IE.

The ad has audio (I've never heard an ad before on myfreeforum so I assume this is something you don't have/allow) The ad continues to "spin a wheel" and clicks loudly.

Cheers!
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

Another problematic ad.

Advertising cruises and vacations. Directed to...

http://www.princess.com/learn/cru...&utm_campaign=Brand_Fall_2010

In U.S. Using IE.

Ad pop's up/Expands onto the page when you rollover it. I accidently clicked on it when posting a message as I had rolled over it seconds before clicking "Submit".
melissa845

Condom Ads

We have had reports of condom ads.  Our group is a homeschooling group so that's not something we can have popping up.  

http://enrichri.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Anything I can do to resolve this on my end?

Melissa R
myff admin

The other recent ones mentioned have been reported.

Condom ads are liable to be tougher to deal with.

I'd remind people that advert free is in US terms about 15 cents a day....

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/viewportal.php?component=shop
myff admin

I'm_Hackin'_Bored! wrote:
Another problematic ad.

In U.S. Using IE.

Ad pop's up/Expands onto the page when you rollover it. I accidently clicked on it when posting a message as I had rolled over it seconds before clicking "Submit".

You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.

I know I can probably figure your forum, but as ever I need to know it for the next check, and you have not given it. We ask it is always posted for good reason.
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

Advert advertising National Georapghic / Animals / Expeditions pointing to...

http://animals.nationalgeographic...ion-wild?source=banner_ctpngc_159

Advert pops up when you pass your mouse over it and scrolls with the page covering up your view.

U.S.

Using Internet Explorer
myff admin

myff admin wrote:
I'm_Hackin'_Bored! wrote:
Another problematic ad.

In U.S. Using IE.

You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.

I know I can probably figure your forum, but as ever I need to know it for the next check, and you have not given it. We ask it is always posted for good reason.
FrenchDogBlues

Anti Virus Notifications

http://frenchdogwrittles.myfastforum.org/index.php

A user has reported the following:-

I just thought you should know my antivirus software keeps notifying me of a couple of malicious resources on FDW. One is adserver.myff.org/openx/www/delivery/ajs.php and the other is www.myroittracking.com

Please advise, thank you.
myff admin

___www.myroittracking.com/

could well be an issue.But certainly not the advert delivery code which is the other link.

The question would be where did ___www.myroittracking.com/ actually come from  
FrenchDogBlues

myff admin wrote:
___www.myroittracking.com/

could well be an issue.But certainly not the advert delivery code which is the other link.

The question would be where did ___www.myroittracking.com/ actually come from  

Thanks, I have asked the user but know one knows.  Think this is one of those unsolvable ones, but thank you for your advice.
Zudane

looks like it is another middle site... that could make it hard to trace.
TAK

An American member of my forum got this message when her tried to go from one page to another. he got a message saying "prove to us that you are a human. which game would like to play for 30 seconds. This is as much information as he got.

http://www.cpalead.com/mygateway/...hp?pub=112417&gateid=MTM3OTEz

Play Bubble Boomers

Play Bubble Boomers
Pop the bubbles of the like colors for this very fun and addictive game for FREE!!!
Play Frogger Now

Play Frogger Now
Play frogger with 1 click download of gamevance!
Play Aztec Quest online for free

My forum is http://asoka.myfreeforum.org/index.php
I hope something can be done about this with just this information.

Thanks
TAK
myff admin

I am not clear as to what sort of advert this was, there can't really be interpage adverts on myff, we are just not coded like that.
Zudane

Could the ad-feed have something for the onLeave?  I've seen things like that before.
myff admin

Possibly but that would show up as a popup/under in parallel with a new page. No mention of popup and the word between was used.
Zudane

True.  Might just have been pointless information... or some info wasn't given.  Questions like these make IT support difficult...
TAK

Thanks guys. I really don't have any more information about it and it hasn't happened again. If it does happen again I'll try to get more.

Dag
TAK
TAK

One of my members in Chicago says my forum "has been giving his Kaspersky Anti-Virus program a work-out this week."

My forum is: http://asoka.myfreeforum.org/

The URL of the culprit is: http://tag.admeld.com/ad/js/364/a...Fasoka.myfreeforum.org%2index.php

Note: the name of my forum in that URL.

I have not clicked on it.

Thanks
TAK
K

K wrote:
rmc.myfunforum.org

This is more of a problem with adverts than a problem advert. For the past few days, from what I can tell, all the ads on our forum have been white or not there. Just thought id let you know incase there is an issue. I am unsure if others see the same thing or not.

Just thought I'd let you know this is still going on constantly. It is mostly just white empty space that is unclickable where the ad should be. I rarely see an ad anymore and I do not have an ad blocker or anything like that, and tested on multiple computers. Not that I don't mind adless forum, but thats a loss on your end if its happening everywhere, as I've seen a few others post the same issue.
myff admin

Thanks for the report. I'd guess it is because of where you are.
danm97

K wrote:
K wrote:
rmc.myfunforum.org

Just thought I'd let you know this is still going on constantly. It is mostly just white empty space that is unclickable where the ad should be. I rarely see an ad anymore and I do not have an ad blocker or anything like that, and tested on multiple computers. Not that I don't mind adless forum, but thats a loss on your end if its happening everywhere, as I've seen a few others post the same issue.

I got the same issue on my forum but only on IE, on firefox and chrome the ads appear, Hope that help.
~Olly~

Hope I am in the right place.

My forum http://desertislandbookclub.myfastforum.org/index.php

lately some members have had problems with the forum loading and in particular some virus checkers like Norton not letting it load at all for one member due to problems it is finding on the page. . and now over the past few days we have been getting random words being underlined and hyperlinked so when scrolling, if your cursor runs over a word a huge advert pops up.

I use Ff and ADBlock plus which didn't block this from happening when it started a few days ago but after a bit of research I discovered the links of random words was coming from a site called knownow.knewco.com. . I blocked it but if I check the blocked items for even this page I can see it is blocked here too..

More members are seeing this over the last few days and it is really slowing the place down not to mention being incredibly annoying..

any idea what we can do to stop it or why ti is happening in the first place?

Cheers in advance
myff admin

It should not slow things down, but if you are using ad blockers then you are on your own. This is a service supported by advertising, we do not support free loaders.
~Olly~

I only use them because I have a slow system and can't afford to upgrade to a better set up so need to run things with minimum extra's.. it's nto ideal

but my members don't use them so could you help them please?
puttytat

i searched for underline, underlined, underlined links, double underlined, blue ... but didn't find anything so here's the problem:

a bunch of random words in our forum are all of a sudden double underlined in blue and when you hover those (now hyperlinked) words you get a pop-up with information on the word. it seems to be completely random but is very annoying and we've had several members complain already...

is that another form of google advertising? any way to get rid of it? thanks a bunch for the replie/s.
myff admin

It is a form of advertising, that is arguable less obtrusive and more interesting than banner advertising. It also has the potential to be faster since it only loads after the page has displayed.
We need to run it for a few days to see what happens.
~Olly~

hi puddy tat that is exactly what has been happening on our place..

as well as things grinding along really slowly lately  and one member's antivirus not even letting the pages load  cos it perceives threats..  
~Olly~

myff admin wrote:
It is a form of advertising, that is arguable less obtrusive and more interesting than banner advertising. It also has the potential to be faster since it only loads after the page has displayed.
it is more intrusive because you can be casually scrolling then suddenly a pop up box appear which you have to close first before you can carry on ..  

a banner add is much less intrusive.. and the inserts at the end of last posts in threads are less intrusive too. .pop ups seem to cause more problems for the user and some of the users security programs ..
myff admin

If there are speed issues then you need to be clear about where the delays are, or point us to where we might see them, a link to a private forum is not useful.

As for AV software, AV software tends to be a pile of crap when it comes to falsely labelling things as threats.
myff admin

~Olly~ wrote:
myff admin wrote:
it is more intrusive because you can be casually scrolling then suddenly a pop up box appear which you have to close first before you can carry on ..  

a banner add is much less intrusive.. and the inserts at the end of last posts in threads are less intrusive too. .pop ups seem to cause more problems for the user and some of the users security programs ..

We can fine tune things like click/hover on the ads.
~Olly~

myff admin wrote:
If there are speed issues then you need to be clear about where the delays are, or point us to where we might see them, a link to a private forum is not useful.

As for AV software, AV software tends to be a pile of crap when it comes to falsely labelling things as threats.
sorry I put the link in to the forum because it stated on the posting check list to do that. .

am not much of a techie person and not really up with the forum stuff.. apologies for being a bit thick..

the speed issue for me at least seem in getting the forum to fully load so I can start clicking or posting or typing. .it's liek there is a lag or a delay where once it loaded qucikly with no problems. .

tho I will say it's not all the time it seems to be at certain times of the day. mainly late afternoon early evening for the members it has been affecting.. . . that started happening before the hyperlinked words appeared..

Is AV Norton?  I only mentioned it as the member has had problems only recently with it and the forum page not opening so I wondered if it was down to any recent changes  and maybe down to this new advertising thing too..
~Olly~

myff admin wrote:
~Olly~ wrote:
myff admin wrote:

We can fine tune things like click/hover on the ads.
Clicking  would be much better.. . hover over means you have to keep checking where your mouse is positioned all the time to avoid a pop up ..

I still think the banner adds are much better and the end of posts adds too .. in fact In know members quite like to play around to see what adds they can get to come up with different discussions..  and often they can result in a click thru too
TAK

I have been having the same problem on my forum: http://asoka.myfreeforum.org/index.php
The double blue underlines are very annoying and they slow things down.
They don't seem to be adverts though. Just random words are underlined. When I hover over them a box pops up that says "know how" then if i stay on it a window pops up sometimes out of the frame of my browser. So I can't just click it away.
It slows things down because, though the page comes up nothing is clickable until the blue lines appear. It only takes a few seconds but it does it on every page.
There was nothing wrong with the banner ads.
How do we get rid of these very annoying underlines?

Thanks
TAK

puttytat wrote:
i searched for underline, underlined, underlined links, double underlined, blue ... but didn't find anything so here's the problem:

a bunch of random words in our forum are all of a sudden double underlined in blue and when you hover those (now hyperlinked) words you get a pop-up with information on the word. it seems to be completely random but is very annoying and we've had several members complain already...

is that another form of google advertising? any way to get rid of it? thanks a bunch for the replie/s.
puttytat

myff admin wrote:

ah, okay. thanks for the info. although i do hope you won't stick with it because it does slow down the forum and is a bit annoying. the banner ads are much (!) better.
VickiMc

My members are reporting this too.  Not all and I can't se it.  They have been up in arms since yesterday about underlining in blue, ads and running really slow.  They are starting to leave.
myff admin

If you want us to be able to check out any site with a reported issue, you have to provide a link.
TAK

The very annoying double blue underlined pop up ads seem to be gone today. At least on my computer. And things are back up to speed.

Thanks
TAK
~Olly~

yes I noticed it was gone today and the forum was loading again with it's usual speed..

Hope this means that it is not going to be a feature in the future. .. .  *pretty please*

all members said things were much faster today and back to normal, so thanks for removing it if that is what has happened. . we really appreciate it . .  
EvanP

Saw a rather 'rude' advert today and managed to pull the image link, not sure if this is enough but yeah...

http://adserver.myff.org/openx/ww...9b1e5a924ddbfbe51235efaabcfb8.jpg
myff admin

A 4 wheel drive forum advert  
EvanP

Ah sorry, my fault Admin, I took it the wrong way, you know what I mean.  
Nick(NR)

EvanP wrote:
Ah sorry, my fault Admin, I took it the wrong way, you know what I mean.  

I can see the innuendo because of the title and the caption, but the mud and the muddy tire track is the give away
johnnywas

myff admin wrote:
A 4 wheel drive forum advert  

i see today that our forum seems to have now got this add,also when guests go to look at a section at the top of the page their is a large part takenup,it says to register or login to stop seeing this advert,am a total newbi to all this so wats the best way to get it stoped as its annoying ,  do i have to pay for no adds to get this removed ?,,thanks johnny

http://fifesandborders.myfreeforum.org
myff admin

there is a cheap advert free option in the site shop:

johnnywas

myff admin wrote:
there is a cheap advert free option in the site shop:

cheers,is this the only way ? i dont mind but i just donated today ,if thats the only way i better just do it lol
myff admin

I have just spotted what a generous donation that was    Thank you. Normally I'd say no, as donations are not a way to gain favour here, we treat people equally. But given the sum involved I will simply call it a 6 month ad free payment
myff admin

doh, I see you did pay for 6 months ad free. I'll extend it to a year.
johnnywas

myff admin wrote:
doh, I see you did pay for 6 months ad free. I'll extend it to a year.

Thank you very much,  
K

puttytat wrote:

Spoiler:

In agreement with above:

I realize its a new method of advertising, but honestly I'd prefer bars to this. It feels like its getting out of control, and is also very oddly incorrect. Mostly it is picking up unimportant words and Members names and giving them completely unrelated descriptions, such as "Ookie" = Michael Vick the football player, and "Lunara" = a mexican artists nickname, or words like "Graphics" and describing what it means. I dont understand how these are supposed to be ads? More like dictionary popups.

The oddest thing it has picked up on is the word Topic in the forum, which is everywhere. Also, right now as I am typing this, BBCode and HTML in the posting options are underlined, giving me a descriptions of what BBCode and HTML are. Not ads.

Just thought I'd put in my two cents, no disrespect intended.

(on a side note, when hitting your Spoiler button it only adds [spoil][/spoil] instead of
Spoiler:

)
Zudane

Just one to report, did not catch the URL, checking for it now if it comes up again....

Though as a note I would like to add that it was a flash based ad, so could not get the target URL without clicking.

Okay, some info...

URL for the flash...
Spoiler:

Code:
http://content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net/atoms/16/a2/f8/91/16a2f891b3dbe1a9daea6f5711877e64.swf?clickTAG=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Etechnoratimedia%2Ecom%2Fclk%3F2%2C13%253B5a085f00ca3f592f%253B12d0b9e3a96%2C0%253B%253B%253B4275001264%2CDEwAABnpDAAdaE0AAAAAAKaHFQAAAAAAAgAAAAQAAAAAAP8AAAADElxfGgAAAAAAkgUdAAAAAABK%2ERwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADapgYAAAAAAAIAAwAAAAAAmDmeCy0BAAAAAAAAAGU4MmIwZTFlLTBkNjctMTFlMC04Y2NmLTAwMzA0OGQ3NThjMgBwAAAAAAA%3D%2C%2Chttp%253A%252F%252Fforum%2Emyfreeforum%2Eorg%252Fabout19869%2Ehtml%2C

Host domain:
Code:
content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net

looks like it traced through ac-cdn.technorati, technoratimedia, bizographics, technoratimedia... goes on but that should be it, right?

Oh, and it's for the US of course... even showed up when I just viewed this one.  Links to a "Free $1,000 walmart gift card" page.
impact_minis

K wrote:
In agreement with above:

I realize its a new method of advertising, but honestly I'd prefer bars to this. It feels like its getting out of control, and is also very oddly incorrect. Mostly it is picking up unimportant words and Members names and giving them completely unrelated descriptions, such as "Ookie" = Michael Vick the football player, and "Lunara" = a mexican artists nickname, or words like "Graphics" and describing what it means. I dont understand how these are supposed to be ads? More like dictionary popups.

My users love us having your forums but this new double blue underline advertising is really annoying to them all and driving them away from the site.   They don't mind the banners at all but I'm getting numerous complaints about the double blue lined ads randomly linked to words.   Can we please remove them as a ad source?

http://artistsunited.myfreeforum.org/index.php
~Olly~

I am having a problem with an add trying to load and failing so the page doesn't load at all. .have to clear my cache to get rid of it then reload the page but after a few refreshes it comes back and the page stalls when trying to load. .it only started happening today but it. .  same thing happened when I was trying to get in here. .had to try a few times before the page would fully load as each time that Add kept trying and failing to load...

think from the taskbar it says R2.race advertisement .com.. .or something like that.. it flashes a lot in the bar as it tries to load so was hard for me to read it..  and I can;t see it now as I had to clear my cache to get in here  

I use FF on and XP system.. if that makes any difference.. other adds loading fine with no problem tho it had been slow loading in genreal today before this problem add happened..

an ideas appreciated
myff admin

Will keep an eye out for this and see what it might be, but basically I have not seen this ad, so am rather blind as too what the issue might be.
~Olly~

thanks for that ..It happened again on this page. .it's r2.ace. adevertising.org.. I had to turn my adblock on in the end [I have to use that for most of my web surfing cos my system is so slow but have it turned off for MFF]  to get this page to load. .then of course I got the error page about adblocking too, but at least I knew after a few attempts it would eventually load so I could post a reply to you whereas this add thing seems to just be on a loop and stalls the page from fully loading so you can;t do anything. . it's very weird..  
crochetmania123

http://crochetmania.myfastforum.org/

The folks on my board are posting that there is a problem on our board as well with the ads.
I have noticed it once in the last couple of days when I go onto the board.

They are saying that they are getting these ads that are popping up with sound. One lady just told me that for her on every page she is getting this "You've Won"! I haven't gotten that yet myself so I don't know exactly what the ad is that she is getting when that happens.

We have always had ads but now they are coming on with all the audio. Is there something you can do on this one, maybe mute them somehow?
Just wondering why they have begun using sound now in the ads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
editor

Sound is not acceptable.
Will alert the ad people.
crochetmania123

Thank you so much, we really do appreciate that.
DavidGarden

Adverts.

Just thought I would also add that some of these adverts are gay related not wanted at all so please also if possible check your advertisers and get rid of this have not had gay adverts on my site for a while now but when they do appear its two guys holding hands this bothers me so as I say if possible check these advertisers thanks.

David Garden.

ps'
also a gay advert should not be appearing in my forum.
as its karaoke music I have in the forum totally baffled.
Bravo

I don't think an ad being 'gay related' would class as unacceptable.  It is akin to saying you find an ad with black people on it objectionable.  Being 'gay' is perfectly legal, and holding hands wouldn't be considered as 'offensive'.  If it was gay (or any other form) of pornography, then it's a different story.

When you say it is 'gay related' what do you mean?  Is it a dating site?  Or some other type of ad?  A bit more information would be useful.
Bradbury

http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org

Good evening!

Am having the same problem with pages not loading and try to clear with constant refreshes.  Another member reported this to me late morning today and I thought it was her PC!  Have cleared my cache - did notice a string trying to load but it's so fast I read it something like ad-cdn.technoratimedia.co......
crochetmania123

Yep, technoratimedia is the one I am seeing a lot now on my board.
It is also showing big "Download" and "Play" buttons in the footer.
Zudane

Agreed, seen some sound ads.. one actually right now loaded while typing this.  It is for Fiesta RPG, a big flashy Flash ad that keeps pausing to load more of a video - and a bit slow for the rest of the browser.

As well, also having the problem of ads not loading at the start and thus the page not loading.  It also looks like the ads periodically change on the page, and this could be causing the problem... too many loading at once across the server and just putting too much strain on the server.

But, I've had to refresh a few times before to get ads to load, seems to happen in waves, didn't catch the time last time it happened though.
~Olly~

still having problems with the R2.ace.advertising.com add going in a loop and not fully loading the page so it stalls and whirs away trying to load whatever that add/widget is  

am on a different computer to the one yesterday . . thought it may have gone but nope..  

to get in here to post, I again had to turn on the adblock . .but then there's the error page problem. . sorry  about that but I needed to post the Add problem too so had to use the block for this post..

dunno why this is all happening. .seems the past week there have been various problems with loading pages in general..

Hope you can find the source. .and thanks for listening and all your help

EDIT:  Cleared my Cache and it's gone from here. .  for now ..
~Olly~

this R2.ace .advertising thing is becoming a real problem now.. on my own palce and on here too

to make one post/or read anything I have to keep refreshing ..or clear my cache or turn my ad block on just to get in [after the error page].. but no matter what I do that r2.ace.advertising thing comes back and stalls the pages which are already taking forever to load with all the other stuff then never quite gets there so I have to start all over again.. .. it's starting to feel like I am foruming thru a swamp trying to do anything..  

anybody got any ideas how to fix this problem pretty please.
myff admin

I have passed this on to the ad guys, but I do note your posts are not following the posting check list. Without the forum link being posted with EACH post it is much harder for people to figure stuff out.

~Olly~

ok thanks for that hope they can sort it out..  

it's behaving atm.. after a good few hours of playing up ...  

I'll put the link in but was told by someone before there wasn't any point as it is a private forum  . .I don;t have a Domain...

anyway this it is and apologies for not following the proper format. . . .

http://desertislandbookclub.myfastforum.org/index.php
Frankonline

I agree with the previous poster Olly. We are having exactly the same problem in our forum  http://holidaychat.myfreeforum.org/index.php and regard it as a serious nuisance.  After being forced to turn my ad blocker off ( in Firefox) I often get pages hanging and in the status bar I can see the following...Waiting for r2ace.advertising.com ..transferring from r2ace.advertising.com  as an alternating message but the page never loads. I have to re enable my ad blocker to get the page to load. Note that this is an intermitent problem and it happens sometimes when merely trying to read a page, and sometimes when trying to reply to a post. Other times everything seems fine.
To say it is a nuisance is an understatement, and I am told by my members that this is happening in other MYFF forums. I have tried using internet Explorer and the same thing happens except that the status bar is not as specific about what it is waiting for and it does seem to fare better at getting into pages eventually. I have a feeling that some recent changes you have made (such as forcing us to turn off ad blocker) has given Firefox users a problem they never had before. Please help, I don't want to go back to using Internet Explorer just for MYFF.

Thank you.

Edit.. even in this forum ...although I had no problem reading or posting here, that alternating message mentioned above is permanently flashing in my status bar (Firefox).
crochetmania123

I am also a myfastforum.org

The link to my board site is: http://crochetmania.myfastforum.org/
Zudane

Frankonline wrote:
I agree with the previous poster Olly. We are having exactly the same problem in our forum  http://holidaychat.myfreeforum.org/index.php and regard it as a serious nuisance.  After being forced to turn my ad blocker off ( in Firefox) I often get pages hanging and in the status bar I can see the following...Waiting for r2ace.advertising.com ..transferring from r2ace.advertising.com  as an alternating message but the page never loads. I have to re enable my ad blocker to get the page to load. Note that this is an intermitent problem and it happens sometimes when merely trying to read a page, and sometimes when trying to reply to a post. Other times everything seems fine.
To say it is a nuisance is an understatement, and I am told by my members that this is happening in other MYFF forums. I have tried using internet Explorer and the same thing happens except that the status bar is not as specific about what it is waiting for and it does seem to fare better at getting into pages eventually. I have a feeling that some recent changes you have made (such as forcing us to turn off ad blocker) has given Firefox users a problem they never had before. Please help, I don't want to go back to using Internet Explorer just for MYFF.

Thank you.

Edit.. even in this forum ...although I had no problem reading or posting here, that alternating message mentioned above is permanently flashing in my status bar (Firefox).

Forcing users to turn off their ad-block is not causing the problem - forcing users to view the ads that pay for the service is simply fair.  There is one ad thread that seems to be causing problems, and it could likely be a new thread, meaning it has no relation to the ad-block.  Using an ad-block on an ad-supported service is like going into a free movie and skipping the previews - people pay to have those previews there and those previews help pay for the movies.
Frankonline

I appreciate what you say. But there is still a problem that wasn't there before. I have my ad blocker off and I have a problem. So shall we forget about ad blockers and solve the problem ?
Nick(NR)

Frankonline wrote:
I appreciate what you say. But there is still a problem that wasn't there before. I have my ad blocker off and I have a problem. So shall we forget about ad blockers and solve the problem ?

Ok, Lets ignore all this talk about ad-blockers for one second! that's not your issue is it, as you've stated.  Lets focus on the advert that either struggles to load or refuses to load shall we? you've already mentioned that the page load hangs on r2ace.advertising.com, so this may also be a solo server issue regarding adverts and/or feeds being served to that solo server and is something admin will have to check given the chance, I can't say anymore on this as the ads always seem to load for me on all myff domains, so lets all wind down a bit and let admin investigate a bit.
crochetmania123

Well said Nick, and I agree.
Sometimes it takes some good old detective work, and some time to get to it.
Right now it's just a nusiance and is something that isn't all that bad to deal with for a bit.

I hate it too but rest assured, Admin is working on it and he will get to the cause and get it fixed for us all real soon  

Thanks Admin, we are all out here pullin for ya!  Wink
~Olly~

I don;t know if this info will help the Admin to sort it out but it's been happening for me for the past couple of days from when I turn the PC on around 9.30am and continues til around midday .. GMT [London]

Seems to go away in the afternoon and early evening..

or that may not be helpful at all. .  

EDIT: forgot the forum link.. http://desertislandbookclub.myfastforum.org/index.php
~Olly~

oooooh as I submitted my edit I saw the R2.ace.advertising thing loading in the status bar and thought oh no here it goes again but this time it fully loaded.. [with a small stutter at the start of the reload but that may just be my system on a go slow...]

weirder and weirder..  

anyway if that info helps the Admin find the glitch tis worth a mention
Zudane

~Olly~ wrote:
I don;t know if this info will help the Admin to sort it out but it's been happening for me for the past couple of days from when I turn the PC on around 9.30am and continues til around midday .. GMT [London]

Seems to go away in the afternoon and early evening..

or that may not be helpful at all. .  

EDIT: forgot the forum link.. http://desertislandbookclub.myfastforum.org/index.php

The extra info is always welcome, if nothing else it gives something that can be sorted through to find if it is useful or not.

As a note though, I've not seen the freezing on ads again, but I haven't been visiting same times I was the past week or so.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements! Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum