Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Glenwing

Renaming Template in Dropdown Menu

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :
www.academyofcombat.myfastforum.org

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:
myfs_academyofcombat2

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:
custom template name, template name, rename template

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
I'm aware that (in phpbb2 at least) changing the names of custom templates is not possible.  I decided to look and see if I could just change how it appeared in the dropdown menu in the profile.  The code for the menu wasn't there of course, there was just a macro for it, which didn't surprise me, but it was worth a shot.  I was wondering if it would be possible for me to replace the macro with the actual code for the menu so I could change what was displayed as the name for the template (if that's at all even feasible >.< I'm not a programmer so I don't know).  I realize I would probably have to edit the code whenever I added templates but I'm not planning on ever adding anymore, and if I do really need to I can always switch back to the macro and live with the regular names.

Just an idea that occurred to me, I dunno if it's realistic or not.
myff admin

It could be done with some clever javascript. But not very practical to do really.
Glenwing

Ok, thanks for the answer

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum