Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
tedwardsp

removing portals

I found this topic elsewhere in the support however the person requesting assistance was asked to provided further info and didnt so no help was given. I would like to remove FORUM ARTICLES from the home page (frontpage). How would I go about doing this? thank you

www.pensacolahomeimprovementforum.myfastforum.org
symon

To do this

admin panel -- 3 styles-- Edit Templates/Logos

now pick the template you are using.

now look at the bottom in the area marked

Choose Portal template File to Edit

open up

cms_index_body.tpl

find and remove.
tedwardsp

removing portals

Symon wrote:
To do this

admin panel -- 3 styles-- Edit Templates/Logos

now pick the template you are using.

now look at the bottom in the area marked

Choose Portal template File to Edit

open up

cms_index_body.tpl

find and remove.

thank you.

and this action will remove just that portal?

myff admin

In that file you will see the various portals like {MYFF.LATEST} you need to remove just the one you want removed.
tedwardsp

removing portals

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
In that file you will see the various portals like {MYFF.LATEST} you need to remove just the one you want removed.

following is the code under edit templates for cms_index_body.tpl
Code:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0" align="center">
  <tr>
   <td align="left" width="150" valign="top">
   <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"  align="center">

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.MAINMENU}</td>
     </tr>

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.LATEST}</td>
     </tr>
   <tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.LINKSMENU}</td>
     </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
   <td valign="top">

<tr><td>{MYFF.DESCRIPTION}</td></tr>
   <tr><td>
{MYFF.COMPONENT}
   </td>
   </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
   <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%" align="center">

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.CATEGORIES}</td>
     </tr>

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.POPULAR}</td>
     </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
  </tr>
</table>

What I am looking for is the bit for the portal Forum Articles on the home page of www.pensacolahomeimprovementforum.myfastforum.org. What I see is one for {MFF.LATEST}. Before I make any changes, I would like to confirm that that would be the one to delete?

Thank you
myff admin

remove:

Code:

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.LATEST}</td>
     </tr>
tedwardsp

removing portals

remove:

Code:

<tr>
     </tr>

I have been attempting to remove the "forum articles" from the home (frontpage) of our forum www.pensacolahomeimprovementforum.myfastforum.org. Under edit templates/logos, I opened up cms_index_body.tpl under the template we use and found the specific portal I was looking for {MYFF.LATEST} and deleted the whole code for that portal as indicated. However, the portal I am trying to remove is still on the "frontpage". I think Ive done everything I need to but obviously Im missing something. Advice?

Thank you
myff admin

Are you sure you removed it in:

myfs_pensacolacontractorforum1
tedwardsp

removing portals

Are you sure you removed it in:

myfs_pensacolacontractorforum1

Our site name was changed from pensacolacontractorforum to pensacolahomeimprovementforum therefore the template names changed as well (im assuming this is the reason) and it was deleated under mys_pensacolahomeimprovementforum1. Following is the code in question
Code:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0" align="center">
  <tr>

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.MAINMENU}</td>
     </tr>

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.LINKSMENU}</td>
     </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
   <td valign="top">

<tr><td>{MYFF.DESCRIPTION}</td></tr>
   <tr><td>
{MYFF.COMPONENT}
   </td>
   </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
   <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%" align="center">

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.CATEGORIES}</td>
     </tr>

<tr>
        <td colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="topictitle" nowrap="nowrap">{MYFF.POPULAR}</td>
     </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
  </tr>
</table>

this was located under cms_index_body.tpl under the portal template files to edit drop down menu

thanks
myff admin

If you have changed name you may need to copy the templates to the new name in order to edit them.
tedwardsp

remove portals

That was one of the first actions I took. The template has been copied and edited since the name change.

Thank you
myff admin

But the template I see is:

/myfs_pensacolacontractorforum1

which is the old name, you need to select the new name in admin/configure.
tedwardsp

remove portals

Thanks, I will work on that
beecroft1992

i need help aswell with the forum article how do you remove it of the front page ive tryed the above but can't find the article forum bit:s

http://beefsters.myfreeforum.org/index.html
myff admin

Do not waste time by posting the same question twice
beecroft1992

sorry i posted this earlyer and no one responded and i found that other thread and though it was apporate place to ask the question

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum