Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
davecov

Removal of Ages in Birthday Notifications

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link : http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/index.php

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template: index_body.html

Please indicate keywords you have searched on: birthday notifications

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

We have just migrated from phpBB2 to phpBB3 and now the birthday notifications show the ages of the members if they have selected their year of birth (leaving it null will not show their age). However, we have a duty of care to all of our members under the age of 18 and do not want their ages to show. With 5400 members it would be difficult to find all of these members and reset their DOB years but that would not stop the same thing happening to future members.

The template index_body.html used the parameter {BIRTHDAY_LIST} which includes the age but is there an alternative I could use that excludes the ages instead? It would be a shame if we could not still celebrate our member's birthdays as we do like a party!

Thanks

Dave
myff admin

thatís a good point. i will look at providing an alternative.
davecov

Thanks!  

Dave
myff admin

try BIRTHDAY_LIST_AGELESS which I have just written, I have had no time to test.
davecov

That worked fine. I appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Dave
Bravo

9 minutes for a brand new feature added on request must be a new record even by MFF standards!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum