Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> ECommerce support
perthtruebluetwo

Real shop

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :www.rangersonlineloyal.co.uk

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:real shop hack

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

hi lads, normally i manage to find things no problem on here but i cant find a step by step guide on how
to start up a real shop on my forum, can anyone point me in the right direction please.
myff admin

Well if you are using paypal, you just need something like this:

other payment processors are coded but untested.

We also insist that if you run for real then you use your own shop template and grab and upload a copy of the shop javascript and modify the shop template to link to your own version.
This protects us from any modifications we make effecting a real shop.
perthtruebluetwo

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Well if you are using paypal, you just need something like this:

other payment processors are coded but untested.

We also insist that if you run for real then you use your own shop template and grab and upload a copy of the shop javascript and modify the shop template to link to your own version.
This protects us from any modifications we make effecting a real shop.
superb stuff again mate cheers.

one thing were would i find my own shop template and can you if you have the time explain what upload a copy of shop javascript means please.
myff admin

When  you are editing a template you will see cms_shop.tpl in the list at the bottom of the template editor. Once you make a change to the file it becomes your own copy.

in that file you will see a link to a .js file. You should be able to put that address in the browser address bar and grab a copy of the file. The contents can then be uploaded under web pages and you can alter the cms_shop.tpl file to refer to that file.
perthtruebluetwo

When  you are editing a template you will see cms_shop.tpl in the list at the bottom of the template editor. Once you make a change to the file it becomes your own copy.

in that file you will see a link to a .js file. You should be able to put that address in the browser address bar and grab a copy of the file. The contents can then be uploaded under web pages and you can alter the cms_shop.tpl file to refer to that file.
okay mate i went into my forum template that i am using and went to cms_shop.tpl and found this piece of code.

but i cannot find the link to the .js file you are speaking about mate.

apologies.

Code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cart/language-en.js"></script>
myff admin

Always use code tags when posting code!

It is right at the top.
So for example:

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/cart/language-en.js

and:

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/cart/nopcart.js

which is the important one.
perthtruebluetwo

going to have to forget this one and just have a page on the forum showing items for sale and

a link to a pay pal button as i just cant get my head around any of this.
thanks for tryin admin.
myff admin

You might want to forget the copying lark at first and just get it working. copying the files is only a safety measure and can be done last. It really is not that hard and you can be guided through it.
perthtruebluetwo

You might want to forget the copying lark at first and just get it working. copying the files is only a safety measure and can be done last. It really is not that hard and you can be guided through it.
Would it be an idea to do a step by step guide just like the one on how to do it for the virtual shop?
myff admin

To be honest that sort of raises a point I think we have made in stickies about running a real shop, you do need access to a certain level of technical expertise. You should not run a shop via scripts if when for example a payment processor changes their set up, you would be unable to deal with the issue So in a sense if you can't see how to copy the scripts you would be better off sticking with the defaults and hoping nothing goes wrong.
perthtruebluetwo

To be honest that sort of raises a point I think we have made in stickies about running a real shop, you do need access to a certain level of technical expertise. You should not run a shop via scripts if when for example a payment processor changes their set up, you would be unable to deal with the issue So in a sense if you can't see how to copy the scripts you would be better off sticking with the defaults and hoping nothing goes wrong.
True enough mate...but the defaults, where can i find  the exact step by step guide or do i follow the exact set up for a virtual shop?
myff admin

The screenshot shows the only difference between virtual and real.
perthtruebluetwo

The screenshot shows the only difference between virtual and real.
okay mate thats fine..

only one more thing in the payment id what do i put in there???

my www address or the actual forum address?
myff admin

As is clear in the screenshot, it is the email address of a paypal account.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> ECommerce support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum