Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
David

Question

This may seem like a stupid question, but how do the big sites such as Amazon.com get such good PRs if they don't even have any sites linking to them!
myff admin

Re: Question

David wrote:
This may seem like a stupid question, but how do the big sites such as Amazon.com get such good PRs if they don't even have any sites linking to them!

You are kidding right? Millions of sites link to Amazon via adverts, affiliate links etc.
myff admin

Also with Amazon there are book reviews people will link to. It is pretty endless. For example you will find links on downsizer to Amazon where people have recommended a place to buy a product.
David

Re: Question

admin wrote:
David wrote:

You are kidding right? Millions of sites link to Amazon via adverts, affiliate links etc.
You're right, I wasn't thinking. I was speaking more long the lines of a link in the link section of someone's Web site...I hardly ever see that on anyone's Web site.
David

But I didn't think that paid advertisement would have any affect on the sites PR.
myff admin

David wrote:
But I didn't think that paid advertisement would have any affect on the sites PR.

google has or had a ranking mechanism based on links it may know something about what is a paid advert, but that was certainly not how they started out ranking sites in their beginning. Of course exactly how they do things now is something they are not telling. But most people assume number of linkk paid or otherwise is still key.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum