Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
judy

Problems with tinypic.com

This is kind of a support question, but not directly related to myff, so I hope I can post it here.....

I always used to use photobucket for putting photos on the forum, but last year it became so slow and cumbersome to use that I started using tinypic.com which was so quick in comparison, I loved it  

However, since sometime around Christmas I've had problems seeing any photos posted using tinypic, my own or other people's. I can load them into tinypic just as quickly as before, and can view them on tinypic, but I can't see them on the forum most of the time - I don't even get the red X, they just don't appear. I think it's speed-related but I'm not sure. Nobody else seems to have this problem though  

I'm currently using IE8 on a Windows7 laptop, but I started up an old XP laptop this morning and I have the same problem on there so I don't think it's settings related.

Can any of you computer geniuses help please??
judy

Sorry, I should have said that it's nothing to do with myff as it happens on other forums as well, and not just phpBB but various different types of forum.
myff admin

To clarify it is not a problem to have this type of posting from regular members of the support forum.

Obviously we get a lot of  offtopic spam from first time posters and that gets immediately zapped.
judy

Thank you Admin
Bravo

for putting photos on your forum you could just use the 'attach file' link directly below the box in which you type replies.

This is by a long way the quickest way of putting an image from your computer onto an MFF forum.

Or did you already know of this?
Nick(NR)

Bravo wrote:
for putting photos on your forum you could just use the 'attach file' link directly below the box in which you type replies.

This is by a long way the quickest way of putting an image from your computer onto an MFF forum.

also worth keeping flickr or mypicx in mind as an alternative
judy

Bravo wrote:

Yes, I did know that thank you Bravo, but everyone was already used to using photobucket so I didn't allow the attachment option when I started up the forum.

Nick wrote:
also worth keeping flickr or mypicx in mind as an alternative

Yes, thanks, I'll bear those in mind. I've actually gone back to using photobucket now they seem to have sorted out their problems, but that doesn't help me to see photos in old posts or photos that other people have posted using tinypic

I have emailed tinypic in the hopes that other people have had the same problem (I can't be the only one surely?!!) and there is a solution, but I don't have much hope. Since everyone else on the different forums is able to see them, I wonder if there's a missing nameserver link somewhere between my ISP and wherever tinypic is hosted....
Frankonline

I use Tinypic, and I posted some images in this forum recently (one only yesterday in the virus warning thread) . No problem at all. Have you tried using another browser ?
Are you Using Firefox and have you inadvertently blocked images from Tinypic ?

To check,
Tools>Options>Content>Exceptions ( button to the right of load images automatically which should be ticked) check for Tinypic in the list. If its there under the block column, click it  & choose 'remove site'.
judy

Frankonline wrote:
I use Tinypic, and I posted some images in this forum recently (one only yesterday in the virus warning thread) . No problem at all. Have you tried using another browser ?
Are you Using Firefox and have you inadvertently blocked images from Tinypic ?

To check,
Tools>Options>Content>Exceptions ( button to the right of load images automatically which should be ticked) check for Tinypic in the list. If its there under the block column, click it  & choose 'remove site'.

I can't see your image in the virus warning thread, but I can see the red X on that one.

No, I'm using IE8 and I have no blocked sites. Maybe I didn't make it clear that occasionally I can see the photos, but mostly I can't. And it's only over the last couple of months, it was all fine before that.
Frankonline

If you Google it, you'll find its a major problem. There are loads of discussions about this. Tinypic have locked out all international users and there is speculation they are closing down as they have been taken over by Photobucket. Having said that its still supposed to be available in the UK but loads of people report your symptoms, since last September. Solutions ranging from reloading the page several times, rebooting routers, clearing cache and reconfiguring DNS and other techy stuff with network settings have all been tried with varying success. The consensus seems to be its not worth it anyway as they delete your images after 3 months, so in a forum you'll get the red x anyway after that time.
judy

Oh thanks for that Frankonline, I never thought of googling it!  
Looks like they're on the way out then.....
Incidentally they don't delete your image if you log in to upload. I have some pics from last August that are still there   Probably best to move them over to photobucket then and persuade other people to stop using it too.
Thanks for your help
iquantum

Use popular sites like flickr and photobucket instead. And don't forget once your account is deleted, you won't be able to see the pictures.
judy

I'm finding so many of my photos on other websites that I'm trying to avoid using photobucket now.   It seems that there are websites set up that just collect photos from photobucket and there's apparently nothing you can do about it  

And now that Flickr belongs to yahoo, no doubt the same thing will be happening there....

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum