Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
grand

Possibly Hacked Site

This is a site I am joined to but do not own and do not have moderator capabilities on

I just wanted to post here so it would get resolved as quickly as possible for the members and fretting admins on there

It looks like a vBulletin forum has somehow either hacked it or an admin has fried it

Hopefully admin can restore it :S
myff admin

Who knows? But it is not for you to report or for us to blindly deal with. Let the owner/admin deal with it.
Ben

Admin,

I am an admin on that forum, I cant get onto it, I cant access to admin panel at all, as it just redirects me..

Last night, when I was trying to get on there, it kept redirecting me about 10 times, and then finally logging me into the forum, and I swear it was sending my data to somewhere else, as thats what happened before.....

Admin, how can we sort this?
grand

Sorry admin and thanks Ben

Hope it get's resolved asap
(For the quote, People are saying SAM did it)

I'll but out the topic now
myff admin

You may be able to reset the template in the control panel.

http://myfreeforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

But the question to ask is who has has admin access?
Ben

Ive just tryed to login, and my password has changed.....

This is out of my power to do anything at all....

Admin, can you temporarily disable the forum until Joey comes online or something? Thats the only thing I can think of....

FFS!!!! This is ridiculous.. Remember that racist topic that someone made trying to report us yesterday admin? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE LIKE THAT GET OUT OF CONTROL.

Sorry for caps.

Edit: My admin access has been removed I believe, by whoever has done this to the forum... this was obviously aimed at me, considering what they have changed the title to on the page :S
myff admin

admin (no pm's please) wrote:

Ben

I cant get into it, I didnt create the forum, im just an admin on it.

Admin, can you please remove the re-direct link off the forum template somehow, and ill see what damage has been done.. and see if I can get in, however im not sure, as I think whoevers done this, may have deleted my user/admin powers.
myff admin

In a word no.

I am not going to spend 30 minutes figuring out what someone has done. A forum owner is responsible for their own forum security.
Ben

In a word no.

I am not going to spend 30 minutes figuring out what someone has done. A forum owner is responsible for their own forum security.

Please?

Joey and Eddie the people who created it arent online... theres nothing that can be done until they come online .

Can you please reset it or something?
myff admin

I have given my answer, not least there is a stupid number of admins seven in total on this forum, any one of them could have a compromised account on be a rogue.

It's an obvious disaster waiting to happen and any repair I made could be undone by the rogue.

It is up to the owner to deal with this situation.
Zed

Eddie is the owner, he hardly ever goes online
Ben

I have given my answer, not least there is a stupid number of admins seven in total on this forum, any one of them could have a compromised account on be a rogue.

It's an obvious disaster waiting to happen and any repair I made could be undone by the rogue.

It is up to the owner to deal with this situation.

There wasnt 7 admins.. someone must have added them...

Can you just like, temporarily disable the forum atleast, until I get a chance to speak to Joey?

Please?

Thanks
myff admin

Topic moved to myfriedforum.
Ben

Topic moved to myfriedforum.

You're so helpful...  
myff admin

And sarcasm will get you where exactly? In fact I have now decided to leave it. I was about to do something.
Ben

And sarcasm will get you where exactly? In fact I have now decided to leave it. I was about to do something.

What were you about to do?

Sorry, I was only sarcastic because I was mad, as your posts gave the hint you didnt care about it , but obviously if you were going to do something, then you do, so please do.. I really would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Zed

Right guys, by the look of things, only Joey is an admin, so we need to wait for him somehow, you can get about 5 - 10 seconds with out it directing you, so there is a small chance, Joey could log on to admin panel and sort something.

Do we know yet if it was Sam, or was it ubuntu??

Anyway, lets hope this gets sorted soon.
ryan

Skoopy wrote:
Right guys, by the look of things, only Joey is an admin, so we need to wait for him somehow, you can get about 5 - 10 seconds with out it directing you, so there is a small chance, Joey could log on to admin panel and sort something.

Hey Skoopy. Yxz is trying to contact Joey to get him to come on.

We think that it is Sam and he has made ubuntu a moderator to try to cover for himslef. Can't be sure though.
Ben

ryan wrote:
Skoopy wrote:

Hey Skoopy. Yxz is trying to contact Joey to get him to come on.

We think that it is Sam and he has made ubuntu a moderator to try to cover for himslef. Can't be sure though.

Ubuntu doesnt have moderator powers,  hes not in the moderating group, his name has just been added under the sections as a cover-up I wreckon
myff admin

Turn off javascript in a browser and the redirect will not happen.
Zed

It works Thanks Admin!
http://www.americanfunds.com/help/turning-on-javascript.htm
Ben

Turn off javascript in a browser and the redirect will not happen.

Can you please just temporarily disable/suspended the forum or something, until Joey gets online...

There are like, offensive pictures on the index page, (of hitler) etc... What a co-incidence considering that fuss that Jack made yesterday on here, trying to get SSL banned.... saying we were being racist to him... Yeah right.
Daniel Beal

They is alot of members gone... I have been delted and losted all my account which is great.   We don't know if Joey's password has been changed though.

Amazing_swaps
Ben

Daniel.J.Maw wrote:
They is alot of members gone... I have been delted and losted all my account which is great.   We don't know if Joey's password has been changed though.

Amazing_swaps

Some of the top members have been deleted.. Omggg, I bet Admin is just sitting back in his chair laughing at us...
Daniel Beal

Yep. How do you get it not to redirect it to SSF.net?

Does the forum have backup copys of the templete  
Zed

Daniel.J.Maw wrote:
Yep. How do you get it not to redirect it to SSF.net?

Does the forum have backup copys of the templete  

Turn of Javascript.
Daniel Beal

Thanks but how?
Zed

http://www.americanfunds.com/help/turning-on-javascript.htm
myff admin

Ben wrote:

Omggg, I bet Admin is just sitting back in his chair laughing at us...

You don't ever seem to learn the lesson that being abusive to people who might have helped you gets you no where.
Daniel Beal

Thats how to turn it on not off  
Zed

Daniel.J.Maw wrote:
Thats how to turn it on not off  

What browser are you using ?
Daniel Beal

IE7  
Ben

Ben wrote:

You don't ever seem to learn the lesson that being abusive to people who might have helped you gets you no where.

Look, Im not being abusive at all, all I want is for you to help us.

What do you want me to do, go 48 hours without posting in here before  you help? Then the forum will be completely destroyed beyond repair...

Ive asked nicely, several times, can you PLEASE help, or do something... Thanks..

I dont know what more I can say, to try and get some help
Zed

This is weird, I just got a PM from myself which I didn't send.
myff admin

Ben wrote:
Ben wrote:

Look, Im not being abusive at all, all I want is for you to help us.

What do you want me to do, go 48 hours without posting in here before  you help? Then the forum will be completely destroyed beyond repair...

Ive asked nicely, several times, can you PLEASE help, or do something... Thanks..

I dont know what more I can say, to try and get some help

You have twice been abusive and are not the owner of the forum.

Basically you have screwed the opportunity to get me to go beyond the call of duty .

This is not the playground, if you are abusive to the only people who can help you, it has consequences that don't just go away.

So stop wasting my time. If the owner does not turn up, then at some point I will try and pick a responsible admin to try and deal with the mess, that admin will not be you.
Zed

Board disabled.
Ben

Skoopy wrote:
Board disabled.

Yes. It is being sorted.

Admin, thanks for your kind comments..
myff admin

Skoopy wrote:
Board disabled.

I would suggest you disable other admin accounts and change passwords.
myff admin

Ben wrote:
Skoopy wrote:
Board disabled.

Yes. It is being sorted.

Zero learning curve. So I will disable your account here and let more sensible people have a say. You seem hell bent on wrecking this forum.
Ben

Ben wrote:
Skoopy wrote:
Board disabled.

Yes. It is being sorted.

Zero learning curve. So I will disable your account here and let more sensible people have a say. You seem hell bent on wrecking this forum.

What?

I am trying to help fix this forum! :S
ryan

What are you doing, admin?

Ben is the only administrator of Swapitshop Lounge that is currently active and cares about the forum. Zero/Eddie (the owner) hasn't been online in months, Joey doesn't bother with the forum as much as he used to and only uses the forum to make global announcements with offers to help himself make money, RJ isn't a bad admin but he is friends with Sam/Jack/KCLiVeS (who we feel are behind this hacking).

Please unban him, he's the forums only hope of being saved.
myff admin

He sure ain't acting like he wants it saved.

He pretty much had three or more warnings to drop the attitude. When you are not the owner that is not the way to save a forum. His posts have wasted time that could have been better spent.
ryan

Would you please just give him 1 last chance? It's the forum's last hope.
Zed

ryan wrote:

Not last hope at all, the forum is being fixed as we speak.
ryan

Skoopy wrote:
ryan wrote:

Not last hope at all, the forum is being fixed as we speak.

Yeah, Ben is trying to fix it, but without being able to come on here he is unable to get information he needs to remove the rogue admins. He has removed the bad template to stop it redirecting and also removed the offensive images.
Zed

Oh, sorry, didn't realise yxz was doing it.

I thought his account was deleted anyway
ryan

We've found a member that for some reason has admin access. Ben has made a new account and that member has made Ben an admin again to fix the problem.

He's found the list of members with admin access and is currently getting rid of them all

We are making progress!
myff admin

ryan wrote:

Last chance given. I suggest he keeps it technical.  Argument or  snarky comment and he is gone.
ryan

Thanks very much, admin
Ben

ryan wrote:

Last chance given. I suggest he keeps it technical.  Argument or  snarky comment and he is gone.

Thanks.

Sorry if I was sarcastic, I was just annoyed about everything, because of the problems that have occurred.

The rogue admin had added friends to admin, who had jointly destroyed the forum. He had also made one of the mods an admin, who has helped me get back into the admin panel to sort things out..

I have found the list of all the admins, and removed everyone who shouldnt be on there...

I have changed the template so it no longer contains insulting/offensive images, and is not pink.. It also doesnt re-direct now..

Joeys just come online, so will speak to him now.

Thanks
Splash

Hiya Admin,

I am the co-owner/admin of the forum but I dont have the login details for that although Eddie has them but he hasnt been on the forum for a while and I think hes on holiday at the moment.

If you could possibily to a system restore to yesterday that would be good, how much does it cost? Thanks Joey
myff admin

It is $10 for a system restore. Usually this can only be authorized by the owner, but I will make an exception as this is a clearly compromised forum/

payment is to paypal [at] myfreeforum.org via paypal.
myff admin

Note that the template will be restored to the weekends state, and not yesterdays state.
Splash

Ok thats fine, Payment has been sent
forest_fan

I don't know how long it will take joey to come online and be notified on this situation.
Ben

forest_fan wrote:
I don't know how long it will take joey to come online and be notified on this situation.

If you read up, you will see he's already online, and knows about it, and has sorted it. .

Payment has been sent to MFF for a restore.
forest_fan

I didn't notice this until i made a post sorry admins and ben,glad to hear that joey has been notified of this and it try to get the forum up and running again.
citricsquid

Just seen this topic... Please remove the slanderous remarks from your website, I had nothing to do with this and you're damaging my reputation as an upstanding citizen.

I presume you're referencing to me as my username on the forum was "Sam", if not, please ignore this.
Ben

Citricsquid,

(Sam)

The one who hacked and destroyed our forum...

You forgot to take your address and phonenumber off your phisher website (swapitshopiounge.info)... your domain has been reported.

The convo you had with you, tasha, jack, adam and rj, is proof of everything, so thanks for that.
Zed

On SSL it says 'Sam, jack and RJ messed up the forum'
What did RJ do :o ?
Ben

Skoopy wrote:
On SSL it says 'Sam, jack and RJ messed up the forum'
What did RJ do :o ?

He let Sam and Jack onto the forum, and he helped them mess up the templates and delete loads of stuff.

I have a convo log with all of them talking about what they were doing, which somebody who was in the convo sent me, which is proof of it.

Hopefully the forum will be fixed soon.
Zed

Wow, I always thought RJ seemed cool.
And yes, as you say, lets hope it's back up soon

(Any chance of the convo log?? Just interested)
citricsquid

Ben wrote:
Citricsquid,

(Sam)

The one who hacked and destroyed our forum...

You forgot to take your address and phonenumber off your phisher website (swapitshopiounge.info)... your domain has been reported.

The convo you had with you, tasha, jack, adam and rj, is proof of everything, so thanks for that.

My address is common knowledge. That domain was registered for a friend who wanted it for an unknown reason, I have no involvement. Secondly, you realise "convos" can be faked? Forged? Can I see this conversation? I'm sure I'll be able to point out numerous flaws in it. Oh and also, what exactly have I done? Please, go ahead, outline it.

EDIT: You claim that domain was involved? Okay, I have terminated it's registration.
Ben

Skoopy wrote:
Wow, I always thought RJ seemed cool.
And yes, as you say, lets hope it's back up soon

(Any chance of the convo log?? Just interested)

Sorry, its not available to everybody lol...

However if the admin on this forum wanted to see, hes more than welcome, (just to proove im not talking a load of waffle lol). Just let me know.

Anyway, Best stop chatting in this topic, as its supposed to be related to the forum problem, which should hopefully be sorted.

Thanks
citricsquid

Haha, I've just seen the chat logs... They're, well, let's just say "A little fabricated". Massive parts have been removed, including all of one persons involvement. I admit, I was involved, I changed the template to some big pink flashy thing, but nothing more. I could give you the main culprits, but I won't "Grass them in" because I doubt you care, but it's still hilarious how people go out of their way to lie and make out that others did it.
Zed

Quote taken from another SS forum:

citricsquid wrote:
gaztheghost wrote:
Not only, Jack and Sam, KC would of been involved aswel.... RJ MUST of given admin rights

Those 3 stooges couldn't hack a yahoo account let alone a forum, so RJ must of been behind it.. Joey's taking legal action I think.

Lmfao. awesome.
I was not involved with any sort of "Hacking". I was contacted by some members of "the other forum" and told they had "Hacked it" however they did it, I don't know, I was then made an administrator and I changed the template to some big pink flashy thing. I got bored after that, it isn't the same the second time. Whatever happened after that, I don't know, but I can assure you I'm just caught up in all of this mess. If Joey wishes to take legal action, who's it going to be against? There will be no evidence of what was done and who did it...?

Also, depends on how you mean "Hack". If you mean gain access without permission, which is what "Hacking" is, then yes, I could easily hack numerous things, but then so could anyone. I think you're a bit confused gaz.

Also, rory went to bed at about 1am, way before any of this happened. So, as usual you're just out to blame whoever you dislike. There is no evidence that me Jack or rory did anything, all you have is my admittance above. So please, stop blaming Jack and rory and me for what we haven't done.

Probably sums up what Sams been trying to say above, except his posts need to be approved by the staff.
myff admin

A restore has taken place, admin accounts will need to be sorted again.
myff admin

Note to self.

$10 payment.
2 hours work on the restore.
Forum restored.
Zero thanks or acknowledgment from restored forum
simcity

thanks admin no pms please
Ben

Note to self.

$10 payment.
Forum restored.

Sorry, Joey doesnt come on here much, and I didnt see the replies, you have something against me anyway, so me saying thanks wouldnt mean much but...

Thanks for doing that, It is appreciated.
Splash

Note to self.

$10 payment.
Forum restored.

Sorry for not coming on sooner, there were a few things which I needed to do on the forum and yesterday and today I have been working.

Thanks for your time and effort restoring the forum its is much appreciated, sorry once again I didnt come on sooner.

Joey

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum