Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
claimkingsn

Please explain

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :betusvegas@myfreeforum.org

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

admin,
not sure why my forum is locked again? I did what you asked and requested my admin to remove all posts made on my harness forum that did not belong. admin related to  me that he removed all the posts from the weekend and moved them to its own thread and sent all posters notice and gave them the option of volintarliy removing them or be forced to have them taken down in 24 hours.
you can verify this by going into the complaint thread and see for yourself. I as the owner requested that my admin make all the talk forums only for members who wish to sign up so we know who these posters are and no guests can just come on and post something offensive or that doesnt belong. dont know what the problem is with what I instructed them to do but please let me know.
Bravo

You were given a chance to remove the posts that got your forum suspended. You didn't remove the posts, so your forum got suspended permanently, which is what admin said would happen if you failed to act.

You were told to remove the posts, not ask the authors to remove them, not move them to another section, not set them to private viewing, you were told to remove them.

You were lucky to be given a second chance and childish behaviour like this we don't need on MFF, we have a lot of healthy, active and happy forums, and a healthy and happy community. I don't see how you expect any other outcome after you clearly tried to circumvent the terms of the deal admin offered you to enable you to keep your forum.
claimkingsn

Well, a couple things are not quite correct about your answer. This is what his response was to me when I asked why it was locked,

"Okay you have a fair point about the dates.

I apologise. But please clean house".

This was posted at 6:40am and then not even 10 hours later he locked it again? why? No ultimatum was given to us or else. I did what he wanted and didnt even challenge that fact that some members posted some things that some people with thin skin might not like. I instructed my admin to make it so only members can see the posts so they wouldnt offend anyone like guests. and had him remove them from a thread that had nothing to do with what was written and give the members that wrote them 24 hours to either remove them voluntarily or they would be removed by us and they would possibly face getting their account deleted. what was wrong with that action? 24 hours is a fair chance to get them to straighten up or else.
I have ran my forum for 3 years with no complaints!! I am experienced to know that some members take offense to having their posts removed or taken down especially when (in their eyes) they did nothing wrong. we gave them a chance to realize this is not what we condone and not do it again and remain a member. and I made it so it wouldnt be seen by just anyone logging on.
The admin locked it again at 430Pm a mere 10 hours from when he merely ASKED me to as he put it clean house. its not like anything he told me was ignored.
The suspect posts would have been permanently removed one way or another by now. I would respectfully ask him or you or some one to take another look at how we handled this with everyone best interest at stake. I dont feel we were out of line to deserve this hasty action.

Thank you,
Scott Nance

10 hours was enough as you had already taken action. He waited until you took action and then saw that the action you had taken was not sufficient. I of course cannot speak for admin, I can just interpret what has happened as I see it. 'Clean house' has been a phrase admin has used many times in similar situations and everybody has understood this to mean remove the offending threads. I don't think the action you took was in any way enough, it was perfectly simple, delete the threads. How you then discuss it with your forum members about future conduct is another matter. I think admin has been very fair with you here.
Bravo

In response to the 'clean house' you replied:

claimkingsn wrote:
I fully understand.

Thank you!!

So you were clear about what it meant.

When someone thought it unfair you'd been given another chance admin defended the decision to give you that chance with a further clarification on what you needed to do:

myff admin wrote:
You are pointing at posts that have been made in the last week, as such they fall within the commitment made by the forum owner to clean up recent posts.

If these posts still remain in 24 hours, then I will assume that their is no commitment to clean up the forums act and it will be suspended permenetly.

Then, once he'd seen your attempt at keeping and hiding the threads:

myff admin wrote:
okay that is it.

crap posts left active but set to registered only.

We are about decent communities not this type of crap.

I think this issue has been dealt with fairly and without bias.
claimkingsn

Mr Bravo,
I could only assume what he means by clean house because I have NEVER had any complaints and needed to be on here in 3 years I been open.
The fact is action was taken and still being taken when he locked the forum with no basis because nothing in the terms was violated especially when the action being taken wasnt complete, was still being worked on and was made so no one but the members who made the posts could see them so they wouldnt offend anyone.
Im sure you can understand that doing something to run off all your members without an explanation or giving them a chance to amend is not a way to run a healthy and successfull forum like I have had for 3 years?
Why wont the admin respond to my questions if it was not you who did this and thats what this forum is for to have a healthy discussion about such things before drastic action is taken?
claimkingsn

Bravo wrote:
In response to the 'clean house' you replied:

claimkingsn wrote:
I fully understand.

Thank you!!

So you were clear about what it meant.

When someone thought it unfair you'd been given another chance admin defended the decision to give you that chance with a further clarification on what you needed to do:

myff admin wrote:
You are pointing at posts that have been made in the last week, as such they fall within the commitment made by the forum owner to clean up recent posts.

If these posts still remain in 24 hours, then I will assume that their is no commitment to clean up the forums act and it will be suspended permenetly.

Then, once he'd seen your attempt at keeping and hiding the threads:

myff admin wrote:
okay that is it.

crap posts left active but set to registered only.

We are about decent communities not this type of crap.

I think this issue has been dealt with fairly and without bias.

admin was not responding to me with this comment. I did not write this. it was some one else. further more he says right there that if they remain in 24 hours then action would be taken and he locked it in 10 hours when final action was not complete.
I think he took offense that the posts were made only to be seen by members but I thought that was better than leaving them up for anyone who logged on to see while we were in the process of removing them and trying to keep our members.
Bravo

You can remove threads and send your members a PM telling them why it was removed. There's nothing more for me to say here.
claimkingsn

"If these posts still remain in 24 hours, then I will assume that their is no commitment to clean up the forums act and it will be suspended permenetly."

Please explain to me how saying that the forum has 24 hours to clean up its act and then locking it in 10 hours is without bias????

If he would have said in 1 hour or 3 hours or 20 hours I would have written that in the instuctions posted right on the thread to remove them. but he said 24 hours so thats what I wrote. Then he changed his mind without letting me know and locked it?

Thats not without bias to me or anyone who should be impartial.
Bravo

Bravo wrote:
10 hours was enough as you had already taken action. He waited until you took action and then saw that the action you had taken was not sufficient.
claimkingsn

"If these posts still remain in 24 hours, then I will assume that their is no commitment to clean up the forums act and it will be suspended permenetly".

How do you give some one 24 hours to fix something then change your mind without warning and lock a forum?
If you would have said 10 hours or 8 hours or immediatly I would have done that but you said 24 hors so that what I passed on.

Further more, you told me this at Midnight my time and admin was not even available to start going thew the offensive posts til 7 hours later the next morning. It was and was still being handled the right way and please understand that your hasty action was not right.

Scott Nance
claimkingsn

I have ran a perfect forum for 3 years. I didnt deserve this action and I dont deserve to be ignored now. I have a legit business to run and you are causing me harm.
I will contact admin if you are not going to engage in the dialog that this forum is interned to be for.

Moderated: 1
no need to openly posts a persons name, if you have it by all means make the appropriate attempt to contact that person

also when forum admins have been asked to clean house it has ALWAYS been referred the remove of something, whether it's post, people or spam bots posting farm links, while it was stated 24 hours, the fact remains he'd seen action was taken to hide the offending posts that were supposed to be removed, this I'm sure is the reason why it was suspended again.

I'm going to lock this now, end story here is you were asked to remove them in a 24 hour window, you chose to hide them and got caught out
claimkingsn

Is there any admin people working?

I was told to have a healthy discussion in this thread and none of my posts have been answered in hours.

is anyone here like admin???

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum