Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

phpbb2: MYPAGE portal

This PORTAL allows people to set a forum post that can be viewed as their own "web page".

The PORTAL will (when the first person sets a page) create an XPROFILE field with the same name as the portal that will link to the page if they have set one.

Since a personal web page is one people should be able to edit even if an "edit time limit" has been set, you can now exclude forums from that limit in the OPTIONS portal. If you do this and want to use MYPAGE you should set up a specific forum for people to develop their pages in. Such a forum might be the way to run the show anyway.

The page links take the form.

/pages_PORTALNAME_USERID
/mypages_PORTALNAME_USERID

mypages uses the viewportal.php view which will use the webpage settings, pages uses the cms_index_body.tpl template.
Laramie

Marvellous! I was thinking just the other day that something along these lines would be good. I look forward to having a play with it!
Laramie

I've set all this up and it seems to be working fine...Except when I changed the title for the profile view I suddenly gained an "Add Karma" function. I have no idea why :S
myff admin

More info needed.

Where have you gained this function, screenshot?
Laramie

It has appeared on profile view. Screenshot:

Current settings:
myff admin

should be fixed. thanks for the report.
Laramie

Yep, all fixed. Thank you!
K

rmc.myfunforum.org

Searched: mypage, only got this thread

Hi again Admin! Been a while. I was going to post this in the Portal section, but i thought it would be better to keep it here.

I was adding this for my members today and I noticed several things.
First off, here are my current settings which I changed many times while testing things:
Spoiler:

At first I saw what that Laramie saw, the "MyPage:Add Karma". So I attempted to turn off the portal, but the MYPAGE still showed in both profile and poster info. Then I turned it back on, and now I see "MyPage: Add Comment"
Spoiler:

And even if I have the "Show Title" on, I still see MYPAGE in both profile and poster info like this:
Spoiler:

Hope its not too much trouble to figure out :/

EDIT: Almost forgot, when trying to make changes and Updating, it will often switch my settings back, and requires several attempts before it takes the changed settings.
myff admin

I think you have two MYPAGE portals, the other one which has the problem settings.
K

I didn't at first and I was still getting the issues. I was unsure if making a copy to customize would cause two of each of the links because it wasnt turning off like I stated above. Oddly enough, it seems the original turned off ONLY when I made my own copy, because the settings are only affected by the new copy.
myff admin

So what are the settings for the actual MYPAGE portal?
K

It's set to as off as I can get it.

Spoiler:

If you need me to, I can delete my copy, but like I said, I know for a fact I was having the same issues with the original because I was being warry of making the copy in the first place because of them. But I can, it's no big deal to me
myff admin

Take a look in the admin panel at General/Profile fields.
K

Ok, I guess that solves that. Sorry I didn't know that was there. But then why is it showing "MyPage: AddComment / Show Comment" thing in profile?
myff admin

K wrote:
Ok, I guess that solves that. Sorry I didn't know that was there. But then why is it showing "MyPage: AddComment / Show Comment" thing in profile?

That WAS a bug, the profile code was out of date on your server  
K

myff admin wrote:

That WAS a bug, the profile code was out of date on your server  

Oh np, I figured out the bug shows when you turn on Profile Display from the portal settings itself. But I get how it all works now, so I can just work around that. Thank you very much once again!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum