Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

phpbb2: mod actions template fix

The cms_modactions template has been changed replacing:

Code:

<input  type="submit" name="send" value="Submit" onclick="doSubmit()" />
   <input type="submit" name="cancel" value="Cancel" />

with

Code:

<input  name="send" value="Submit" onclick="doSubmit()" />
   <input  name="cancel" value="Cancel" />

This is so that values for "send" or "cancel" get passed in google chrome and other webkit based browsers.

Cosmetically it is none too clever

If anyone can provide a proper fix for this, then I'll send them a myfreeforum t-shirt  
danm97

Code:
class="mainoption"

This class in the input tags wouldnt work ??

Most forums use this class
myff admin

class should only effect style and not function.

But there is something going on, but for now I have spend too long on the issue and cannot play further.

If anyone wants to try, they can load it in chrome, edit the the template and play. They will find if they change the type to submit, then when they press the button the form will redisplay rather than carrying out the action, this is because "send" has not been submitted with a value.
Nick(NR)

Re: phpbb2: mod actions template fix

Dunno if this helps at all

http://stackoverflow.com/question...bmit-working-in-ie-but-not-chrome
myff admin

Already read that one But it did not resonate a solution to me.
Nick(NR)

There's always the open the page in a new window option, that I keep reading
Zudane

Would it be easier to just have the cancel button redirect to a different page?  Instead of being a submit button it just goes back a page or so?
myff admin

Zudane wrote:
Would it be easier to just have the cancel button redirect to a different page?  Instead of being a submit button it just goes back a page or so?

That's a hack around the issue though, the question is more what is the issue?
Nick(NR)

So far everything I have read leads right to webkit, which strays from w3c standards unlike mozilla.

Code:
   -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 50px;
   -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 50px;
   -moz-border-radius-topleft: 50px;
   -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 50px;

Things like this being done differently just seem crazy and too ambitious, it's just makes no real sense, because the end result is the same, but safari and webkit have decided to add 2 miles onto a car journey for the sake of their like of driving? that and the above is cleaner and smoother in firefox btw
Zudane

open > closed ftw?  I think too many people want to go by their own standards instead of what the global standards are supposed to be.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum