Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

phpbb2: Mass delete users improvements

I can think of a couple of useful improvements.

1) Checkbox to show only inactive users.
2) Checkbox to show only users with 0 posts.

This would let you ban in batches, especially useful if you are using a moderator control panel that lets you quickly set spammers inactive.

Any other suggestions?
Frankonline

Checkbox to show users  ( even with high post counts earned in previous years ) who havent posted in X months and /or havent logged in in X months ?
myff admin

Frankonline wrote:
Checkbox to show users  ( even with high post counts earned in previous years ) who havent posted in X months ?

Not to keen on that myself and I see "mass delete" as the anti-spammer mechanism and ex-posters are not people who anyone really should be deleting under any normal circumstances.
Frankonline

I was harking back to my earlier enquiry about advanced search, which was similar, but didn't necessarily involve deleting them. I did actually edit my post above whilst you were replying.

Regarding your comment about
Quote:
ex-posters are not people who anyone really should be deleting under any normal circumstances
I can tell you from experience that it depends on the people and what they are doing with the information they glean from just reading your forum.  Wink
myff admin

The first cut of this is now live and I am finding it very useful for cleaning the membership list here
kagome

myff admin wrote:
The first cut of this is now live and I am finding it very useful for cleaning the membership list here

Will this be a phpBB2 thing only? It will be very useful and make going through the member list and cleaning out spam registrations much easier. Thanks.
myff admin

phpbb3 is still under its own development, hence we don't add a lot of stuff to it ourselves. so basically no.
Ask Mr. Religion

myff admin wrote:
Yes, very helpful!

AMR
Clark

Hello to all. Personally, i wasn't going to leave a comment in this thread, but i wanted to say that it is irrational to delete users who do not participate but are registered in the forum. Why? Because registration can give several privilege to registered users unlike unregistered. But you see, that doesn't mean if a person is not commenting, he is not active.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum