Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 released

Ouch,

There was a security bug in the 3.07 release

This is one of the reasons we don't dive in the second a release occurs!
myff admin

http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/58345

is a quite nasty report. Basically if your style is not up to date you may not be able to get to the admin panel....

? how do you fix the style if you can't get to the admin panel ?

I guess you would be able to do go to the admin panel manually, but what a stupid issue to create for people

The official list of 3.07 issues seems to be here.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2011865

I am well tempted to delay the 3.07 update for another week to see what else is found.

Since the release we have see one important security issue patched, and the admin panel access also seems to be a major screwup to me.
myff admin

No major developments here:

http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/58345

Though they still seem to be sticking to the view that screwing up admin panel access is not a bug   I don't think we can afford to blow our members out of the water on that one  

So I think the basic plan is to get to work on the update tomorrow.
judy

Will we need updated styles again?
myff admin

judy wrote:
Will we need updated styles again?

If we let the issue with admin panel access stand then yes, otherwise no.

But the admin panel issue is big one and unless us fixing it gets very convoluted then we will fix it our end.
judy

OK, thanks  
Zudane

I think this is only certain styles.  The link it should go to in 3.0.7 is the same it should in other versions that I've seen.  I have a feeling this is a random glitch or most likely style errors.

I've not yet seen this come up.

Definitely seems to be hit and miss - no idea where the problem really comes from.
myff admin

I have run the file updates in the office following the new method of accepting phpbb3s automatic method and then reviewing, the reviewing being the bit that starts now.

Notably one file has a change where the automatic system loops wanting to put in the same change ad-infinitum, hardly surprising as such systems are not really much more than clever rules based guesswork.

As I review the files undoubtedly I will find many instances of trashed code
myff admin

Basic functionality seems to be working, I have found an instance of the admin panel bug.

I was misreading this a bit, it is "just" the redirect following an admin panel login that bounces you back to the main board. So if you then click the admin link at the bottom of the forum again you do get into the admin panel.

Offhand I think that is a tad too trivial an issue to try and fix.
myff admin

database upgrade system in place, as is a working 3.07 forum creation SQL script.

So all that remains is a bit more testing to see if anything is falling over in 3.07 and then scheduling the database upgrades and then the code upgrades.

I had been planning on Saturday, but that is already busy.
Bravo

myff admin wrote:
Basic functionality seems to be working, I have found an instance of the admin panel bug.

I was misreading this a bit, it is "just" the redirect following an admin panel login that bounces you back to the main board. So if you then click the admin link at the bottom of the forum again you do get into the admin panel.

Offhand I think that is a tad too trivial an issue to try and fix.

I have been doing some research into phpbb3 for possibly doing new videos sometime in the summer, as it can be a bit krypton factor at first but easy enough once you suss the basics.

Yes, I experienced this bug, wasn't sure if it was the template or not, bloomin irritating but as you say, minor.
myff admin

The database update for 3.07 is scheduled for tonight. If it succeeds the files will go in tomorrow morning to complete the update.
myff admin

The database update seems to have worked and one of the servers has had the files updated.

Assuming nothing hits the fan the other servers will follow.
Nick(NR)

Finally got round to updating a gaming clan site to this version, which to say the least wasn't a pleasant adventure, but at least I was able to identify why the bbcodes had stopped working, ended up updating the template we had to the new version, then my design tweaks went in and we're done, only taken most of the morning tweaking everything

I still can't believe they've not fixed the admin panel redirect pain in the a##

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum