Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
MikeBoxwell

overall_header getting reset

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link : http://gwiz.myfastforum.org

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:
madevo (based on prosilver)

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:
madevo, overall_header

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
I've recently revamped my forums using the madevo template and extensively modifying it to fit my requirements. I'm really pleased with the results.

Except I've got a rather curious problem that I can't get to the bottom of: every so often, the system reverts to using the original version of the overall_header.html file rather than the updated overall_header.html file that I created. To rectify the problem, I have to go into ACP, go to Styles > Edit Template, select the overall_header.html file and click on the submit button, at which point the updated file starts getting used again.

It's bizarre and I cannot work out why on earth it keeps doing it! Does anyone have any suggestions?
MikeBoxwell

Incidentally, all the changes I've made to the other files always work - its just the overall_header.html file that is affected.
myff admin

Is the system somehow thinking you are editing an actual system template.

You should only be editing copied templates that will be named after your forum.
judy

myff admin wrote:

You should only be editing copied templates that will be named after your forum.

It doesn't allow you to edit the standard templates, only your own copies.
myff admin

judy wrote:
myff admin wrote:

It doesn't allow you to edit the standard templates, only your own copies.

Well I knows that's the theory, but the post does not mention their own template name and they have the resetting issue....
MikeBoxwell

I'm editing a copied template.
myff admin

to look more at this i will need the exact names
MikeBoxwell

Sorry for the long delay in responding. The base template that I am using is called Madevo, which is based on ProSilver. I've created a style which I have called 2012 Layout, with the template, theme and imageset names all set to gwiz.myfastforum.org1.
myff admin

I think we may be getting to the heart of the issue here.

You should not be able to edit style names. That is a bug.

All names should be based on your forum name, by editing the name funny things may happen.

I am about to block that.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum